Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: August 17, 2018 09:06PM

First of all I want to thank everyone for their well wishes and support the past couple of years as I have gone through the varies struggles that I have had to go through. I very much appreciate them all.

I have been home from the hospital for over a week now and I am doing great. I am getting a little stronger each day. The pain ebbs and flows depending on what I do that day. I usually only take my pain meds twice a day, when I get up in the morning at breakfast and right at the time I have my bed time snack. I am pretty independent considering that I just had my hip replaced a week and a half ago but there are a lot of things that I can't do on my own do to the restrictions that I am on for the next couple of months as my hip heals.

I have an awesome support system through my church who have provided me with quite a bit of food, money, prayers, encouragement and even a sturdy chair to sit in (learned the hard way that my recliner was way to low for me to get out of). I am going in Monday afternoon to get my staples taken out and to see if I can move from home health care to outpatient physical therapy and I am hoping to be able to start getting out of the house and get back to going to church again and be around actual people.

While I was in the hospital, I had a visit from my brother and his wife. Apparently he is at the place where he is able to close out my parents estate. Since I haven't talked to anyone in the family since I moved out of my nieces house, I haven't really known what is going on with the estate. Appearantly Dad had some money stashed somewhere because between me and the three other siblings we are going to be getting more money than I thought we were going to be getting. Because of this, I am actually going to be pretty well set for the next few months as I heal and start looking for jobs so I can support myself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: August 17, 2018 09:27PM

The worst is over thankfully. Keep up the good work.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 17, 2018 09:33PM

Good stuff, Kat-Kat-Kiddo!

What's the record for your age group in the half-marathon and full marathon?

Posted by: Devoted Exmo ( )
Date: August 17, 2018 09:43PM

Keep going forward!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 17, 2018 09:53PM

That sounds really good.

Glad to hear you're feeling better and things are picking up for you.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: August 17, 2018 10:08PM

(((Kat)))) Thank you for keeping us updated. I'm happy you were able to be on this journey to wellness. And, you get some money!

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 18, 2018 09:45AM

It sounds great, Kativicky. If you are able, look at a few PT facilities. I looked at three of them, and one (that was hospital affiliated) was clearly much better equipped than the others.

Posted by: saviorself ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 02:11PM

You did the right thing by getting a hip replacement.

I had my right hip replaced with a titanium hip just over 10 years ago. Now I almost never remember that I have an artificial hip. It feels completely natural now.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 05:25PM

Great news!

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: August 19, 2018 06:00PM

Excellent news!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.