Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 05:46AM

Nelson and Holland are clearly pissed in the foto.

..."WTH people, how do you think we operate this thing called Mormonism...er, I mean The United Order, er. I mean Cochranism.... Oh, f" it!!

Just start payin'...NOW!!!....we had to sell Monson's Audi just to make payroll.......OK?.....OK????

"That same poverty continues from one generation to another, until people pay their tithing."

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900016023/dowry-is-not-the-lords-way-in-kenya-lds-president-nelson-says-tithing-breaks-poverty-cycle.html

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 09:30AM

I don't know how they get people to believe their prosperity-gospel nonsense.

"The way to get out of poverty is to give us your money!"

Asshats.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 09:57AM

The frightening part is this scam is legal, yea, even government sanctioned. No proof of their product's existence is not proof of it's non-existence. Afterlife insurance. Best con ever.

Your caption for the angry photo is hysterical, CC2.0

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 10:03AM

Should I give up hope that he’ll visit a tribe that practices cannibalism?

What I find interesting is that money is his hot button. Of all the problems he could have talked about, he chose that one. Maybe all he can see is dollar signs. That’s the measure of Mormon success. It can’t be any of the Jesus stuff. No wonder they worship Jesus in name only. Their God is the almighty dollar.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2018 10:59AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: silvergenie ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 07:24PM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Should I give up hope that he’ll visit a tribe
> that practices cannibalism?
>
> What I find interesting is that money is his hot
> button. Of all the problems he could have talked
> about, he chose that one. Maybe all he can see is
> dollar signs. That’s the measure of Mormon
> success. It can’t be any of the Jesus stuff. No
> wonder they worship Jesus in name only. Their God
> is the almighty dollar.

True, I remember reading in the Bible, long, long ago in my non-atheist days that "... you cannot serve God and Mammon (the God of Money) too."

So maybe Russell's recent revelation about the name "Mormon" got a bit mixed up. Maybe Russell is a little hard of hearing and when the one and only true God of TSCC (or Wendy) spoke, the message was something like this -

"Look I've been trying to get this through your thick heads for nearly two centuries now. You are all about PROFITS not PROPHETS, you are not Mormons, you belong to me, you are Mammons! So get out there with your church of Joseph Smith of Latter Day Mall Builders and start breaking even."

Date: August 29, 2018 12:37AM

They went from money digging to wildcat banking to land speculation to selling new settlers land at highly inflated prices to selling the Army supplies at ridiculously inflated prices to tax subsidized real estate investment to talking you out of your salvation and selling it back to you for 10% of your income. Nice work if you can get it.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 10:59AM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 11:48AM

Representatives of Jesus, even the Christ?
Or mob members demanding a payoff?

A picture is worth 1K words...

Date: August 28, 2018 12:34PM

They’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 04:47PM

My god that picture is perfect.

‘I don’t care if you tithe on a penny. I don’t care if you have to make change from a button. GIVE ME MY FUCKING MONEY!!

..in the sacred name of even Jesus Christ amen’

Date: August 29, 2018 11:49AM

I still can't get over the photo I was able to link. WOW! Truly monsters of men.

Posted by: valkyriequeen ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 12:02PM

And the Lord's reps stood before them with angry, yea even pissed off faces to convince the people of the error of their ways.

Date: August 28, 2018 12:48PM

...well, yes. They ARE pissed off! Wouldn't you be? Look, these JO members are holding back!! Come on here! How do we get the money dislodged from their grimy third world hands? This is a big deal!!!...lives are at stake!! Strip shows are at stake!! I need my topless bar!!

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 12:18PM

What about the dowry of 8 cows Johnny Lingo paid for Mahana??? Because Johnny considered her so valuable Mahana transformed from a lowly, depressed, plain girl into a beautiful woman and amazing wife!

Now, the LDS thugs are stating that the dowry must be tithing payments to them! As if they own the women! Only, now it's a double dowry and both the man and woman are to pay up! Only then can the bride and groom have a stupid, boring ceremony dressed in ugly polyester inside a LDS repurposed chapel posing as a temple.

What a scam!

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 12:28PM

"he taught us so much."

LDS leadership seem so harmless. If they say this crap nice enough and with enough pleading and tears in the eyes the Africans will apparently accept anything? I don't know where Nelson is coming from, but a Dowry certainly is something on the mind of Westerners at the time of marriage. Yes very often a bride does bring a sizable inheritance to the marriage that makes it possible for a young couple to live high on the East bench of the Wasatch, yes young couples are driving $50,000 trucks and are students. Where did that money come from? obviously a dowry.

I hope all these Africans wake up and do some research on LDS finances. Can they find a single time when tithing helped anyone build a financial legacy. He should have been preaching about 401ks. If one of these young 20 year old Kenyans could save $200 a week, for 5 years, in 40 years it could grow to over $1,000,000. This would be financial planning that Nelson should be preaching. Help them establish some good investments, not go out and shake down the poor people.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 05:10PM

The average wage in Kenya is 6500 shillings or $76 us dollars.

So they are trying to pry 8 bucks a month per member.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 06:41PM

>>"he taught us so much."

What do the Mormon church leaders actually teach? Kindness, love, charity (to others, not a rich, greedy American-based church,) tolerance, patience, fortitude, or any other truly useful quality?

The Mormon leaders tend to preach obedience, temple, and tithing instead. Their "teachings" are barren.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 12:30PM

OMG. Nelson has the face of a serpent. His eyes look dark as coal. Like they're empty, cold, distant.

Scary person!

Date: August 28, 2018 12:37PM

Desperation.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 12:39PM

He looks creepy and evil.

He has the eyes and mouth of a serpent.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 01:17PM

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: August 28, 2018 03:22PM

just EXACTLY HOW is africans sending $ to slc going to help their economy???

Oh, that happens WHEN YOU'RE STUPID! (sorry)

but Wait! they placed a Temple here! (how many people can travel to it After sending 10% away?)

until LDS, Inc. divulges how much of the labor & materials came from indigenous sources, I'll remain skeptical if not cynical, TYVM.

Date: August 28, 2018 03:52PM

I’m somewhat pleased that Nelson and Holland sent the worst message possible.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: August 29, 2018 12:57AM

This is a colonial act, and it reminds me of a hut tax. People will be charged for being.

Date: August 29, 2018 11:50AM

Exactly. LDS Corp is stuck in the 19th Century and this proves it.

Date: August 29, 2018 12:03PM

…"in the glorious WWF-style of Randy "Macho Man" Savage and "Hulk Hogan", our Heavenly Tag Team of Nelson and Holland was sent to the African hinterlands to reveal; even the timeless truth that our Prophet, even P.T. Barnum, gave to his followers years ago......"Sucker!"

Date: August 29, 2018 12:14PM

Clarification;

"our Heavenly Tag Team of "Full Nelson" and "Headlock Holland".

Date: August 29, 2018 02:22PM

Would someone please photoshop a heavyweight belt buckle onto these guys?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.