Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 04:49AM

...as if God himself came down from above to rescue the flailing Church, another voice is heard; Join Now!!...while God still approves!! My little ones, we are here to help you thru life's trials! Come now!! Before your redemption is compromised!!

...idiots.

https://pjmedia.com/faith/why-now-is-the-time-to-convert-to-catholicism/

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dagny ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 08:07AM

Uggggh.

That person is an example of what I mean when I say they are enablers. It's pretty clear she would rather keep the status quo and fix noththing. She doesn't give a shit about children as a priority. She makes it clear what "sins" she cherry picks: The fetus overrides child rape, women's rights or gay rights. Full stop.

This is what I mean by empowering the Church by numbers which ultimately can impact the laws they influence and impose on others (women's reproductive services) and what they can get away with within.

The comments are comical and revealing as well between "other" Christians. It's dueling scripture time!

I'm not so sure her loyalty to the Church will be appreciated by the little child who will get groomed to trust religious authority today.

(Edited to add swear word warning in subject.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2018 08:14AM by dagny.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 08:51AM

"Nothing could have prevented me from coming home to the Catholic Church after I had studied its history and the truth and beauty of what I found there."

She must have studied catholic history like mormons study mormon history...skipping all the real parts!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2018 08:52AM by ificouldhietokolob.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 10:35AM

All she did was find institutional support for her private prejudices.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 10:39AM

I recommend church hopping. When the love bombing stops, hop to the next one.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 11:02AM

"The other great faiths are falling one by one into heresy, especially when it comes to "LGBTQ" issues. Where is there left to go with a biblical view on human sexuality? Not the Episcopalians, Anglicans, some Baptists, Presbyterians, Methodists and more."

Catholicism is bad but I can't criticize her view here. It's true that American Protestant Christianity is going down the toilet, all kinds of weirdness are accepted because we have this current culture of really nice people who just shouldn't say what they really think. And lots of millennial snowflakes running around everywhere.

Also the Mega preachers are way too scared to be clear on doctrine like they were back in the 80s and before when things were clearer and they were way less obviously interested in money.

It will be interesting to see if the Catholics can really hold on to the traditional beliefs going into the future or if concessions will need to be made to keep the snowflakes happy. I don't know the future?

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 11:06AM

I'd rather be a "snowflake" than a bigoted, ignorant ass any day.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 12:03PM

No kidding

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 12:06PM

So you're of the belief that there is a ghawd in heaven who is against "all kinds of weirdness"?

I am interested in your list of what is right & proper and what is weirdness.

Posted by: good grief ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 05:35PM

Are you by any chance our banned, unlamented prior poster formerly known as Poopstone?

Your views are identical to his, as far as I can tell, and you have the same thin grasp of English as he did.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.