Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 08:58AM

Just so we understand the mind set of the G-15: Dave Bednar is definitely of the group who feels it is his duty as a father to interrogate his children about masturbation and then report it to the bishop.

I know. I was his home teacher many years ago. He told that to me.

The upshot is that he is a damned fool.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 09:17AM

He certainly frightens this nevermo - he has that fanatical stare...

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 09:20AM

He is showing his inner demon.

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 04:23PM

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 09:56AM

I, as a father, had a conversation with my son about masturbation.
It consisted of:

"Hey, I know this is a difficult subject, but look: everyone does it, it's normal and natural, and nothing to be ashamed about. Just don't get carried away or obsessed, ok?"
"Um, ok. Does that mean you do it too?"
"I used to. Being married, there's a better option <grin>."
"OK, dad. We're cool."

No bishop to report to. Or interrogation. :)

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 10:36AM

At least the conversation didn’t end with ‘hey, your mothers a real groaner...’

Like from Family Guy

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 12:09PM

He'd lived in our house for 14 years at that point...he would have already known yay or nay :)

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 06:25PM

Had the same conversation w my adult son w re to his younger (also adult) autistic brother. No embarrassing questions—-just wanted him to tell his younger bro that it’s ok, and that Satan didn’t tempt him. And, oh, by the way, there is no Satan.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 05:29PM

Hey so did I. I told him to be careful and that I for one wasn't going to tell him to deny himself that pleasure. He told me recently he's had that same conversation with his 13 year old son.

Posted by: anonculus ( )
Date: September 04, 2018 12:14AM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 10:41AM

As if I could be more disgusted with Bednar than I already am. Now this. Geez this is sick. Cult. Cult. Cult. I am afraid his kids will be like him. The abused often become the abusers.

My father used to give us Priesthood interviews but luckily never asked that. Last interview he gave me I came out as exmo and gay. That ended them.

Dad was the bishop all of my teens though and gave me my mission interview. The look on his face when I said,"No" to the Big M question was an expression of relief that was one for the ages that I don't think even Meryl Streep could pull off. Mormonism teaches the art of lying very well.

Posted by: badam2 ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 04:40PM

It's hard as hell for me to not be abusive verbally to people because of what I experienced growing up. There is some truth that the abused become abusive in some way unless they try really hard to fight against it. We don't know what the hell love and kindness is.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 12:28PM

“The upshot is that he is a damned fool.”

So he fits right in. I’m glad he found a home.

I used to think David Icke was loony with his shape shifting reptilian talk. But looking at Oaks and Nelson, I wonder.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 12:53PM

you hometaught him??! haha, please tell us more. what was he like? what kind of things did he say?

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 09:02PM

When I home taught him, we were both much younger. He was in grad school- at BYU, in (IIRC) the Education department. He seemed sincerely interested in innovative approaches to education methods. I guess that degree is what qualified him to be the head of Ricks/BYUI. I think I will never understand how he turned out the way he did. When I heard he became an apostle I had such high hopes for new blood and new initiatives.

Maybe the report-your-kids'-masturbation-to-the-bishop side of him won the battle.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 01:45PM

I get creeped out by his calm demeanor while he's saying really weird things and publicly shaming people.

I can imagine him pulling legs off spiders as a child, with that same calm demeanor.

Yes, that's mean, but I can imagine it, can't I?

Posted by: HWint ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 09:22PM

Chicken N. Backpacks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I get creeped out by his calm demeanor while he's
> saying really weird things and publicly shaming
> people.

There's something deeply disturbing about Bednar. He's almost reptilian in his coldness. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a psychopath or something similar. The man just ain't right. Whatever else problems they might have, the rest of the Q12 seem more warm and human. I might not agree with their religious views, etc., but they don't make my skin crawl like Bednar does.

Posted by: Kinra ( )
Date: September 02, 2018 10:37PM

I think all of the top leadership have a narcissistic personality disorder. Narcissists are known for having a cold and robotic personality, underneath their carefully constructed fake personas.

Posted by: BYU Boner ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 01:53PM

The real question is, does he regularly question Mrs. Bednar about her masturbation habits? The dildo in the closet.

Date: August 31, 2018 01:54PM

Oh. So you think she has a second dildo? ;)

Date: August 31, 2018 02:00PM

Only if the first dildo in the nightstand gives it’s consent!

Date: August 31, 2018 02:25PM

So you're saying Bednar sleeps in the nightstand?

Date: August 31, 2018 07:40PM

No! I’m saying there’s a senior dildo in the nightstand! :)

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 04:28PM

Is that the couple spends as little time together in the same house as possible. Supposedly she visits kids or relatives at long stretches.

(Really North salt Lake, but they all say Bouontiful, because North Salt Lake you know is an industrial armpit)

Date: August 31, 2018 03:29PM

Really don't like anything about that guy.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 05:36PM

What an awful man.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: August 31, 2018 11:22PM

To me, he looks like a pedophilic Ralph Malph.

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 01:09AM

and see if you change your mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftp4-kT9VSg

***You won't***

Date: September 01, 2018 02:46AM

Hoooly hell Bednar is the creepiest guy I think I have ever seen. That kid was crying the whole time I think. Bednar is so messed up in the head and doesn't even know it.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 12:29AM

I've heard him speak (on TV, of course) and was struck by how weird he is. Even his wife couldn't contain herself and had to correct him. My personal view is that there is something very, very wrong with that man. He is not mentally well.

Date: September 01, 2018 02:50AM

I agree that guy is messed up and that's coming from me. He would fail a psych eval so fast it's not even funny.

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 01:16PM

he has some college degree in oranizational behavior. his thieeir must have been "kissing ass to move up the ladder" Of all the GAs he is only second to Oaks in assholeishness

Posted by: Jimbo ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 01:20PM

Oops THESIS

Posted by: TX Rancher ( )
Date: September 02, 2018 01:57AM

I remember when people fawned over him when he was called. Probably because he looked young and smart. He showed who he was and it's scary. I'm glad he is a nut...let the nuts in the church continue to follow him and they get what they deserve.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 02:07PM

Bednar is presently a LIAR .....just the same as he always was *Even* anciently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1uIgbI2QY

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 03:14PM

Shark eyes.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: September 01, 2018 05:37PM

Unless he dies rather young (for a GA) he will inherit the big chair. Oh the church will be fun then.

Posted by: midwestanon ( )
Date: September 02, 2018 09:00AM

I was just thinking this. Unless utchdorf lives to be 99 or something, we’ll have a solid decade of bednar at the top. The guys above him? Uchtdorf, 78; eyring, 85, holland (will also probably inherit the throne) 78; Ballard, 89; oaks, 85; and of course the improbably old Russell m Nelson at 93.

I think that was all correct. It means unless Nelson lives to an improbably old age we will also have Oaks at the top for quite a while., Ballbard will probably die, then holland for a minute.

Bednar is 7th in line and I think 67. Neil L. Anderson is also young, and will probably spend some time in the big chair.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2018 09:03AM by midwestanon.

Posted by: Ih8church ( )
Date: September 02, 2018 09:47PM

He is the most dangerous memer of the big red chairs.
Lets hope he gets to be prophet one day.. he could single handedly bring the demise of mormon, lds or whateverthefuck they call it now.

Date: September 04, 2018 06:40AM

I think he would be more at home in a little Primary chair. Their tea party, their stuffed animals, their rules.

Posted by: manymoremany ( )
Date: September 02, 2018 11:02PM

He is so arrogant, smug and uninteresting/ unwelcoming/ cold.

He once spoke at a S.C. (to release the pressure of an outgoing SP and blow some hot air, while ordering a new one) and I went because I had seen the sickening video of him and that boy and was curious as to weather he was always so cold and demoralizing. The viewers weren't let down as he wouldn't let up.

Many people stood when he and his mirage entered the chapel. I didn't, and WOULDN'T HAVE, if it meant I was the only one remaining in my cold steel fold down chair on the soft would floor. I asked the folks next to me why people were standing (and they, and myself, weren't). They said it's for the profit [and he is just a bragging little wig], and he isn't one. [At least they had some sense, since it isn't so common since...].

He said - from the time he misspoke to the time he was relieved, as were we - that he had a plain to catch and didn't have time to stand around idol and shit shat and glad hand, as he was currently doing.

I'm like HEY DUDE, if it's so important, why are you here, talking about being there. He probably tells them the same thing. Typical mormon.

M@t

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 02, 2018 11:33PM

I'm hoping that he makes it to the top. He's so arrogant and condescending to those below him that he's going to tremendous damage. I want him to be the first modern profit to put his name on everything he touches. Just think of all the church buildings and temples he can rename to honor himself. Hell, I wish that he would start wearing a golden crown bearing his name when speaking at GC.

Date: September 03, 2018 12:29AM

That might actually happen, the guy truly believes he is a God already.

Date: September 04, 2018 06:42AM

He’s too obviously Mormon Ebola. They will quarantine.

Posted by: grudunza ( )
Date: September 04, 2018 06:03AM

Heaven forbid his wife should stand before he does:
https://weirdalma.bandcamp.com/track/dont-stand-up-before-me

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.