Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: praydude ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 01:31PM

So I moved into a new neighborhood in North Idaho and so far I have been visited by the JW's TWICE and have not seen any Mormons at all. I thought I was moving to the Morridor and yet NO mormons?!

It is funny to see the JW's giggle when I tell them that Mormonism is a cult and then I let them know that the way they view mormons is the EXACT way mormons look at them. They were asking me for advice on approaching mormons and I told them is there anything a mormon could say to you that you would consider worth further investigation? Its a cult.

Oh...and another thing...JW's DON'T VOTE?!! They go on and on about how terrible the world is and yet they don't do anything about it?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2018 01:42PM by praydude.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 01:34PM

I didn't think N. Idaho was very Mormon.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 01:47PM

JWs must report regularly on their harassment activities and they're in deep trouble if they slack off.

Mormon missionaries do harass, but normal members only bother with their assigned targets and anyone else they happen to casually meet in regular life. Mormons don't have to document daily or monthly harassment efforts a JWs do.

Posted by: tumwater ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 08:15PM

I found that about JWs not voting. I was looking in the voter registration records (public) for a former acquaintance, without success. Found him in the property records without any problem.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 08:39PM

My wife had a JW student when she taught in Utah. This was in Utah County, which would be a somewhat unusual spot for JW affiliation, though I have no idea how many congregations or members are actually situated there. I lived in Utah County from the time I was almost ten years old until I left to serve my mission. If there was a Kingdom Hall in our vicinity, I knew nothing of its existence.

My wife's JW student's mother brought a booklet that JW parents frequently hand out to their children's teachers. Any of you who have taught for long have probably seen it.

I read the booklet, too. I found it to be very insulting. It's been much too long for me to recall much of the precise wording, but it did actually state that JW parents frown on extracurricular school activities because they believe that the non-JW children are an unwholesome influence on their children.

The particular JW child my wife taught was apparently a delightful child, and her parents were kind and appreciative as well, but the literature they sent was most off-putting.

They're opposed to voting, to jury duty, to military service, and to many other conventions that allow our nation to function as it does (albeit somewhat poorly at the moment). I don't understand what they thought the world was supposed to have done about Hitler, for just one tiny example. He was going afer JWs in addition to Jewish people. Were they simply going to roll over and play dead and hope that God would somehow protect them?

I once asked that question of a young JW woman who is a friend of one of my nieces. Her answer was that she didn't know.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 09:02PM

I agree, Jdubs as a group are an embarrassment and cowards to keeping society and government safe and going. They call themselves passivists, the idea being that there is no moral ground for defending your life with lethal weapons. They are against capital punishment as well. The current pope is moving Christendom in this direction as well.

They are turning into a bunch of Elois waiting for the Murlocks to come and eat them (Time Machine, HG Wells).

Posted by: Crazy horse ( )
Date: September 06, 2018 09:23PM

And they always talk about the end of the world and how it happened in 1914, yeah right! I feel bad for the Jehovah's witness kids" they have to tract in neighborhoods with their parents, what a boring life

Date: September 06, 2018 11:24PM

I was trying to drop subtle hints with them that mormonism is a cult...and so is your religion but they didn't get it. I think I will be a little more overt with my subterfuge next time.

..."Yes, Mormons are a cult. Really any religion that demands you to go out and preach the gospel on your free time is probably on the cult spectrum...(hint hint)

Something like that. I just feel bad for these people. I was in a cult too.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: September 07, 2018 01:16AM

I believe this is the exmormon.org equivalent for Jdubs:
https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum?sort=rank

They really need "ex" in their domain name. I have been looking there for all of our doppelgangers. I believe your equivalent user there is called "dogisgod"
https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/28609/dogisgod
I think my equivalent is "pale.emperor"
https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/5080440570380288/pale.emperor

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: September 07, 2018 01:20AM

elderolddog's equivalent user is "neat blue dog"
https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/users/103491/neat%20blue%20dog

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: September 07, 2018 01:43AM

praydude Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I was trying to drop subtle hints with them that
> mormonism is a cult...and so is your religion but
> they didn't get it. I think I will be a little
> more overt with my subterfuge next time.
>

My niece's JW friend married a young man from a Mormon family. When the JW friend and her mom get together, her Mom always wants to hear the latest about what weird Mormon things the in-laws have done recently, and the two of them laugh hysterically as though they have no idea that most of the rest of the world looks at JWs in the same way that they view Mormons.

Date: September 07, 2018 12:23PM

It does strike me that many modern religions are cults. Mormons, JayDubs, Seventh-Day Adventists, Christian Scientists, and Scientologists all seem to fit the bill...and they have so much in common.

I think the next time a TBM family member asks if I think Mormonism is a cult I will say "The way you look at Scientologists is the way I view you".

It's easy to see it after one has been out of the cult for a few years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.