Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 03:44PM

I think it is quite ironic that the people and places in the world that the LDS church refused to preach to and open missions because of the color of their skin are now the only places that the church has success in.

Before 1978 the policy of the LDS church was to not only refuse people with African blood the priesthood, but to also AVOID preaching to them. The only mission they had in Africa focused in and around South Africa, which happened to have a large WHITE colonial population of people.

It wasn't until AFTER they gave blacks equality in the church that they started to open missions in Africa and to actively preach to black people.

So it is now quite ironic that the White/Caucasion countries (Europe, Australia, USA, Canada) that the LDS church tried so hard to proselytize are now the worst in conversion and growth and the countries that they avoided for so many years are now the only countries that they have success in.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: cricket ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 04:07PM

or even to 2075 or 3000.

The white LDS population will be diminished to next to zero and the black or brown population will be the vast majority.

Oddly, the top 15 proppedups (prophets) will still all be white. LOL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2011 04:07PM by cricket.

Posted by: wellsville ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 04:56PM

Just wondering

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2011 04:56PM by wellsville.

Posted by: Ex-CultMember ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 05:26PM

I'm sure they'd prefer to have whites convert instead of non-whites, but they can't seem to convert the whites anymore. If they don't try to convert in non-white countries/populations, they then they would have terrible "conversion" rates and couldn't brag about being the "fastest growing religion."

Posted by: teewan ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 05:35PM

I served a mission in the late 90's so the info is a little dated. My mission area was 99.9% black, and it seemed that the LDS inc. put up with the skin color. I will say there were some odd mission/ward practices though. All white members had positions of authority. I remember the mission pres commanding us to only teach people with a car and a good job. This would be a question in their baptism interview. That we needed leaders blah blah blah.... I brought the is that what jesus would do line up to him, and he just rebuked me (normal practice). This was in the latter part of my mission when I didnt really care so it just reaffirmed that my mission pres was an ass. Little did I know at the time he was just pushing a higher agenda.
So to answer your question, The church doesn't want black members if they aren't cream of the crop successful businessmen.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 05:39PM

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: June 13, 2011 09:21AM

Poor black Africans provide them with numbers, though. It's not as good, but to the good Morg member looks like progress, and therefore truth.

Posted by: deb ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 09:14PM

what are the top 15 propped ups

Posted by: EssexExMo ( )
Date: June 13, 2011 06:47AM

> what are the top 15 propped ups

the 12 apostles
2 first pres counselors
1 prophet

'propped ups' because they are all old men.... indeed some past prophets have had to be 'propped up' literally [just because a prophet is rickety, senile and cant even remember his own name, it doesn't mean he gets a free pass to avoid conferences and suchlike].

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2011 06:48AM by EssexExMo.

Posted by: AIC ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 05:18PM

Posted by: Topper ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 08:27PM

Posted by: Isthisnameok? ( )
Date: June 12, 2011 09:12PM

I've only got on thing to say: "Hasa Diga Eebowai"

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: June 13, 2011 06:25AM

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.