Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 08:54PM

As for me, I am drinking some Electric Indian beer from Brewdog of Scotland.

It's a combination of Belgian saison style ale and an American IPA.

It's 5.2%, so of a good strength and it does combine the two styles very well indeed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 09:03PM

Magnesium fizz. Seriously. :)

It's a health drink.

Happy Friday, Matt.

T.G.I.F.

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 09:13PM

Planning on a spot of bourbon later. I'm taking the alcohol consumption light, because of age. Not the bourbon's age, but mine.

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 09:26PM

I hear you, Don! At 61 I can no longer drink as much booze as I used to. ;o))

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 09:37PM

Really actually "working" tonight. Work is kind of slow, so I find myself here. I'm going off diet coke again on Monday. I've only been drinking it this week again. I feel better off it. The carbonation mostly.

Anyway, nothing exciting here tonight.

I noticed helamonster on the other thread about drinking. Nice to see him around!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 09:53PM

Cl2, I'm a fizz hound, always have been, always will be. The feeling of a cold, carbonated drink going down the gullet is exquisite to me!

I have cut my diet Coke intake by about 2/3s by buying Sparklett's Sparkling waters, in lime and lemon. The only ingredients are water, the particular fruit flavor and the carbonization, which, tragically, is a greenhouse gas and will likely kill us all!

But in the meantime, I feel as if I've struck a blow for a cleaner, more holy body! I may soon appear in an Amyjo dream, to take away the Jesus diet 7-up and replace with this more pure and ghawdly beverage.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 11:44PM

As old-timers know, Coke is my lifelong weakness. Very willing to save my allowance for months and to chug it by the dumpsters as a kid. My two addictions are real, whole Coke and books. I call my book guy my Drug Dealer :). I have been hoarding two bottles of Real Coke with real sugar from Mexico for a couple of months. I look at them, fondle them, but who knows when I will get more so I wait. Just knowing I have them makes me soooooo happy :). I am going to crack one for Xmas for sure though.

I was a bad bad girl tonight. We did takeout Mexican (a big splurge for us) and there was a small bottle of mix Hubby got at the beginning of the summer and an old bottle with a bit of tequila in it. I figure it can't go bad right? So I had a margarita with dinner. Wow! So not used to hard liquor anymore. IF I have anything later it will be my nice box wine cut with 2/3 club soda. Hell, I can't even drink whole wine these days. EOD you needs to get you one of these -

https://shop.idrinkproducts.com/collections/drinkmate

I think it is far better than the Soda Stream but it will use their Canisters that are more available and recyclable. The canisters last FAR longer than expected but I like a lighter carbonation. I got seven months of near daily use from one of the large ones. I drink it plain with lime a lot in the summer. The carbonators run around $30 but at 2 lt a day at $1 a lt it is a bargain. And there is nothing to haul, store or recycle. Well worth the money :)

Date: September 22, 2018 01:04AM

I'm giving it a hard look... I know nothing about these, so I'm going to use Google and YouTube to bring me up to date. I want to carbonate things that don't have added sugar. Saucie has me trying to be more health conscious.

Thank you for pointing me at this. If I buy one, I'll make sure that they send you the customary honorarium.

Posted by: Susan I/S ( )
Date: September 22, 2018 05:45PM

you can carbonate juice or anything else. Soda Stream only does water. Also, I like the coupler better on this.

Date: September 22, 2018 05:53PM

Well, rumor has it that when it comes to coupling, you really, really know your stuff... I hope it's true!!

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: October 02, 2018 07:41PM

and he shall appear.

Date: October 02, 2018 07:49PM

Okay, I'm trying not to get excited, so as calmly as I can, am I the devil of which you speak?

Posted by: helamonster ( )
Date: October 02, 2018 07:52PM

I was responding to my handle being used in vain...

Date: October 02, 2018 09:37PM

Oh, okay. (rats!)

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 11:02PM

Franziskaner Hefe-Weisse (German Beer) on tap!
https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/142/1946/?ba=bros
An exceptional beer. I was drinking the light colored one, also called "Hell".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2018 11:03PM by chipace.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 11:14PM

Is this whacha drinkin?
Seasonal Aug -> Sept
https://www.brewdog.com/item/2352/BrewDog/Electric-India-Bomber.html

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2018 11:15PM by chipace.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 21, 2018 11:23PM

A Guinness before supper and a glass of red wine later on.

Posted by: LucidCunning ( )
Date: September 22, 2018 04:28AM

Sailor Jerry on ice. I like it powerful. I like to respect what I'm drinking. Cheers!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.