Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: September 25, 2018 11:32PM

I am so sick of living around Mormons. Just when I think I am over their weird, quirky BS, one of them will come along and trigger the shit out of me.

So I work with a few Mormons. I am so tired of their lying, passive aggressive behavior. Tired of them thinking everyone has to be on the same page as them or else they are evil. Super tired of the creepy body language, passing them in the hallway, saying hello and they start staring at the walls. WTF? These people are too much.

What a shitty, peculiar people. I understand why none of their neighbors ever got along with them. Every time I deal with them, I feel angry. Sucky, sucky people.

If there are any people investigating the church on here, please don't join them.

End rant.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Nightingale ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 12:43AM

As rants go, that's a good one!

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 11:51PM

It was indeed.... Mormons are creepy, super creepy and I'm sure

my sister, the supermormon of the world really thinks I'm an awful

person for leaving the church. All I know is that she is one of

the most repressed people I've ever known. She used to be funny,

we,d sit around and smoke and laugh and drink coffee while the kids

were playing. She enjoyed life. That was years ago. She's inflicted

with all kinds of health problems you get from repressing every

kind of natural human emotion. It makes me sad to see the changes

taken place in her ... her joy is gone, her natural curiosity, her

spontaneous affection and laughter. Its like someone turned off

the lights inside of her. I miss my sister, I want her back but now

she holds herself tightly , don't loosen up,doesn't let go. She's

like a statue that speaks quietly. The church has done its job on

her and she's quiet and miserable and doesn't have a clue what the

matter is. She just judges me. I hope one day she'll think for

herself instead of letting her husband do it for her, maybe when

she can, she'll be happy again, and I'll have my sister back.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2018 11:53PM by saucie.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 01:29AM

Do they know you’re exmo? Apostates probably creep them out. But they’re fine with guys like JS and BY. Why should they be nice to people who are going to hell anyway?

Posted by: moremany-NLI ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 02:59PM

You mean why should they be nice to themselves?

lol

M@t

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 01:43AM

I know what you mean, about passing them in the hallway. Why can't they smile? Maybe if they don't acknowledge you, you might disappear, and they won't have to rationalize why you are happier, more successful, and more NORMAL than they are.

Who's "going to Hell"? Who's living the better life right here, right now.

Are you their boss, or above them at work? I wonder if they know, deep down, that they are maladjusted and weird. I always knew it, when I was a Mormon. I felt uncomfortable and intimidated around confident, social, happy normal people. I always bore that horrible secret that I was nothing but an abuse victim, not worth helping. Always a little woman, not as important as a man. Maybe those Mormons are painfully aware that they will never be perfect enough.

I grew up, saved myself, and returned to being friendly and polite to all--but the Mormons still look away. Yes, it is very noticeable.

I'm tired of Mormons always competing with everyone, and trying to undermine the success of others. Hey Mormons--get a clue--there's enough success and attention for all of us--you don't have to steal it from others.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 02:08AM

I think they look away because they’re super insecure. They all need therapy.

Posted by: William Law ( )
Date: September 27, 2018 01:58PM

Thanks for your response. I found your comments very helpful Sinmetmea I have to run my perceptoons past other people__I want to make sure Im not crazy.

Posted by: badam2 ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 02:20AM

I live in weird town. Imagine a small town that nobody ever leaves. The weirdness keeps feeding on each other.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 02:02PM

Some of the jack mos are even worse than the mormons. There is that group in the middle who can't believe my boyfriend can have beer in the house without drinking it all. They only get to drink beer now and then like when they go deer hunting and their wives aren't around.

He deals with a lot of passive-aggressive behavior. He is 65 and wanted to work 2 more years, but he doesn't know if he can stay there that long. He told me the other night that it isn't bad enough now to just walk out. I told him he would know the day it was. At least he has that option.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/2018 02:02PM by cl2.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 03:07PM

Ha ha. When I was young Mormons were always bragging about being
"peculiar people" like it was a badge of honor. Never made sense but now that you have tacked on the "shitty" in front of "peculiar people" it all makes sense.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 26, 2018 11:23PM

I think that they are of the opinion that you KNOW that they are better than you and by punishing you with their inattention and downright rudeness, they will eventually get you to attempt to redeem yourself in their eyes by returning to the fold.

In other words, they are doing missionary work...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.