Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Warren Jeffs ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 10:22PM

I remember worthiness interviews and remember being taught no unclean person can enter a temple anymore than they could enter the kingdom of god.I heard stories told by our ward patriach and others that there are miraculous stories of non Mormons trying to enter a temple out of curiosity.The story I heard is that some young non mormon hoodlum youths tried to enter the Sydney Australia temple.They could not open the entrance doors when nobody or anything was stopping them.The story went on that a temple worthy member came by next and just walked in without hindrance from some invisible force that allows who it wants through temple doors.

I had a dream in my sleep overnight that I went inside a temple as a well dressed member,though i have not been involved with the church since 1996.The dream had me walking through without any detection of unworthiness.

What are examples of people penetrating a temple without having passed worthiness interviews or being a non member or excommunicated?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 10:26PM

Just sort of unworthy, in a vague, masturbatory way.

But I was certainly of sound mind, and I was able to recognize and articulate what a horrid joke it was.

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 10:29PM

I was beyond unworthy from the get go. Kinda like EOD but more so. So after my one dead dunking episode I never set foot in one again.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 10:32PM

Okay, wait! I was just being poetic!

I was a dedicated, committed, two-handed masturbator! I was all in!!!

Don't go trying to be all "I masturbated more than thou" on me!!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 12:31AM

Self pleasure was not at the core of my unworthiness but it was a part for sure. Smoking, drinking and cussing shared almost equal billing. I quit smoking a long time ago but the other 2 are still a cherished part of my life.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: October 03, 2018 05:10PM

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 10:35PM

Well Newnamenoah managed to penetrate their spiritual fortress like 50 times; with evil intent of recording their super spiritual temple rituals.

It seems to me that an all-knowing Heavenly Father didn't seem to do much to stop him. He didn't get any flat tires to or fro, nor experience any problems with his problematic iphone.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 10:43PM

Quite a bit.

Posted by: OzDoc ( )
Date: September 28, 2018 11:52PM

I was what is now termed backpacking around Europe with my then boyfriend "sharing" rooms etc. At that time there was no temple in Australia and the costs of a trip to the temple was beyond the reach of many, especially if they were not from the eastern states.

The acquisition of a temple recommend prior to my extended study/holiday was seen as a big thing and a major part of the trip meeting with family approval.I didn't find time for visiting the London temple- too many other interesting things to do.

Found ourselves visiting a classmate working in Switzerland, so took a half day train trip to the Swiss temple. Did baptisms for the dead then caught the train back to continue sleeping with boyfriend for rest of European sojourn.The sky didn't fall in that -or subsequent nights. Discerment. non-existent.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 11:08AM

The door angels are super chill.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 12:01AM

Support & Sustain a self-centered group of misogynists in their 'callings' of keeping church affairs (financial & others) a secret?

When they show utter disdain for individuals with deep, serious challenges (and ordinary LDS members, non-members)?

naw, not gonna happen.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 12:18AM

I never went to the temple except twice to dead dunking. I was a virgin then and I'm still a virgin now. I didn't appreciate them asking me the sex question. I don't know what worthiness means to the rest of the world. To Mormons, you must be financially and sexually worthy, then you are a great person. If they asked me and I had done something, I would of just lied to them.

I only went to the temple a few times because I was curious what goes on inside, plus a 6 hour road trip to places I've never been

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 04:16AM

Let's see....on a scale from 1 to 10?

Since gawd didn't seem to know and stop me then (damn it to hell, I sure wish he would have as I found the temple boring, weird, silly, abusive (the washings and annointings) and threatening), I don't think I will divulge it now.

All I know is that I was ready to get out of that-thar crazy-ass place as soon as I was in there. My wedding dress didn't meet muster, the women, of course, were separated from the men, I couldn't stop silently laughing at how RIDICULOUS everyone looked, I couldn't find the right side to do whatever to my clown costume, and then there were all those insane hand signals that I could not begin to believe gawd would give two-cents (or even three) about.

Seriously? Why didn't gawd know that for me this was definitely NOT a good fit??? I was soooo happy to be out of there to see that a real world still existed. What a lousy, lousy wedding setting. I wish someone, anyone would have warned me.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 05:13AM

I had sex with my girlfriend as a teenager. I never repented properly (through confession with my priesthood leaders) and lied my way through the recommend interviews. I never had any trouble entering the temple.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 10:56AM

I know of a lot of very large, perfectly formed, practically already talking babies, born "premature" only 7 months after the Temple Wedding. The doors weren't stuck shut the day they went through.

Last time I went to the temple was because I was still at BYU just after learning the church a bad joke and I couldn't get out of going gracefully with a group to do a session. I had too much too lose to throw any suspicion as I was flying under the radar now as a wild Exmo before graduation.

I was about as deliciously "unworthy" as you get--- I'm not talking coffee. Still, the Lord's Heavenly Hosts held the doors wide open for me bless their hearts.

Posted by: RPackham ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 02:52PM

Five exmormons did a temple session a few years ago. See the report here:

"Adventure At The Temple"
http://packham.n4m.org/templex.htm

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 07:42PM

In my worst debauchery, I was too damn good to set foot in the place.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2018 11:53PM by kathleen.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: September 29, 2018 07:45PM

... as were you all.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 10:08AM

What’s wrong with slumming?

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 03:01PM

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 03, 2018 05:10PM

OMG. You made my day with that. Damn straight!

Posted by: Exminion ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 03:13PM

True that! We were all too good (and too honest).

I was absolutely worthy! I was hugely intimidated by the bishop's "discernment" in that closed-door interview. I was never a good liar, so my only alternative was to be able to look everyone in the eye and have NOTHING to hide. My father had the most beautiful, brown, puppy-dog eyes, and it killed me to disappoint him. (I ended up going to BYU and marrying a RM--what a disaster)

Then there was that "all-seeing eye" carved into the temple wall.

The MorGod was also all-seeing, and could actually read our thoughts.

During the pantomime suicide oaths, my mind was screaming for God to read my lips: "God! I don't mean this! I would never suffer my life to be taken! It's a lie!" I even had my fingers crossed, behind my back.

I can't believe how seriously I took this hoax!

I envy those who back-packed through Europe, and allowed themselves to love someone completely and normally. I pushed true love away, and chose Mormonism, instead. No one deserves to have their life ruined by a scam.

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 04:01PM

I was worthy. I naively believed everything I was taught.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 04:14PM

I was totally worthy, but I had this weird problem. Every time I went into the temple, which unfortunately was a lot, every four-letter cuss word in existence would start popping into my head, with me screaming to my brain, "Shut up! Stop that!" LOL

I was sure I was going to be struck by lightning. I don't know what that was about, but I'm sure my brain was rebelling against the whole silly thing.

Posted by: JamesL ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 07:00PM

How unworthy was I? Well, on a scale of 1 to Gay........

I'm glad I went, though. The temple experience was one of the big factors in completely destroying any belief in the LDS church. The whole thing about requiring people to swear to obey promises that haven't yet been made was something I simply couldn't do. When it came to the "bow your head and say yes" bit, I simply said, "Not yet".

Posted by: baura ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 10:32PM

As an unworthy anti-Mormon who had been instrumental in bringing
others to disbelieve Mormonism, I went through the Temple. At my
brothers wedding I shook hands with the GA who married him.

I was reminded of all those stories of how they had to stop the
ceremony because of an "impression" that the leader got that
someone, SOMEONE, was there unworthily. Then, after a silent
pause, someone would stand up and leave and they'd continue.

I thought of those stories as I was shaking the GA's hand.

Mike Norton has been inside the temple countless times and has
video recorded the endowment in all its aspects. He's put the
videos up on Youtube. Go to Youtube and search for "Newnamenoah."

He has shown videos of himself before and after entering the
temple and has outed himself on FB and other social media
outlets as the one who has gone in the temple "unworthily" and
video-recorded it all. I was shocked that he was still able to
walk into a temple and secretly video it after all the times
he'd outed himself online.

FINALLY they grabbed him on Church property and have charged him
with trespassing. I was shocked it took so long with him
posting his name, phone number, address and shots of his face
online for well over a year before he was caught.

That super-special inspiration mojo that protects the temple
against "unworthys" is as bogus as the claim that Joseph Smith
was faithful to Emma.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: September 30, 2018 11:42PM

I was reasonably worthy on my first trip through. The problem was that I was so deeply disillusioned by the hyped-up hoax that I could hardly wait to get out of there.

The second, and final time, I was already lurking on this board, feeling very uncomfortable at church, starting to read Fawn Brody, that kind of stuff. A co-worker sensed that I was beginning to "drift" (there were three Mormons out of a building with three hundred or so employees.)

My friend asked me if I had a TR, and I said that I did, so she invited me to "go through" on behalf of somebody. It was during this session that I got the name of a German lady, whose name I pronounced with a perfect Bavarian accent, thanks to my grandma. Unfortunately, the veil worker could not make out the German name, which I pronounced with all the umlauts, glottal "Rs," and a boatload of other articulatory horrors inherent in German. I had to repeat the name, which I did, with the same accent. The veil worker mangled the hell out of it.

It was all downhill after that. I knew, as I walked out, that I would not be going back, ever again.

Posted by: NewLibrarian ( )
Date: October 03, 2018 04:47PM

I was never worthy any of the times I went through. At 8 years old, when it was time to get baptized, I told my mom that there was no way that this was a true church and I didn't believe.
I like in all of my temple recommend interviews. I always had the fear that they would call me out at the temple, but it never happened.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.