Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 07, 2018 11:54PM

Simon says: "Be proud of being a Mormon!"

Mormons say: "Yipee! I'm a proud Mormon! Look at my Mormon cocoa mug, my Mormon t-shirt and my personal DVD copy of 'Meet the Mormons'! Yipee! And, last but not least, look at my leather-bound BOOK OF MORMON!"

Now that WENDY and the LOST BOYS are in charge of being Simon,
Simon says: "Mormon is a sucky thing to say about our religion. It's demeaning. It's trivializing. It's disrespectful. It's not the real name of our church. You must refer to your self as a "ChurchofJesusChristofLatterDaySaints member" or as a "Ladder-dazed Saint Bernard."

Mormons say: "Yipee! I'm not a Mormon! Look at the trashcan full of those evil mugs, t-shirts, badges, pamphlets and that silly 'Meet the You-know-what' DVD. And, whoa! What should I do with this Book of You-know-what? It has the'M' word in it? What should a faithful Ladder-dazed Saint Bernard do with this book? Should I put some masking tape over the 'M' word?"

I say to Mormons: "Don't worry. It doesn't really make any difference. Use the words you prefer. If you liked that cocoa mug, fish it out of the trash can and keep using it."

Mormons say: "Yipee! I can use my mug again...Yip...oh...I see what you did there. Almost got me. You didn't say 'Simon Says.' Whooo! That was a close call."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 12:00AM

Simon Says: I might be envied by a King because I am a ¿¥€£^# boy!

Posted by: jiminycricket ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 12:18AM

...So where does that phrase come from: "I might be envied by a King because I am a Mormon boy?"

Take a look folks, this is from the official LDS.org website that approves and lists the songs that are sung in the MORMON church. According to the words of church president Nelson on Sunday's final general conference session, he the prophet said that using the name Mormon is a victory for Satan.

So, just what have so many young boys in primary been singing as an approved song FOR 32-YEARS? A song approved by the church music committee, which is of course, approved by the First Presidency and Q12:

Here is the text of the music from the Friend (the official church sanctioned magazine for children)

Song: "I Am a Mormon Boy"

1. Kind friends, as here I stand to sing
And look into your eyes,
I feel as if I have inside
A dozen butterflies;
But never mind, for I’m a boy
Who’s always full of joy—
A brave and willing sort of chap—
An honest Mormon boy.

2. I’m proud to know that I was born
On earth in these last days,
That I’ve been taught to love the truth
And serve in many ways;
Yet I confess that sometimes I
Still manage to annoy
My dearest friends, but that’s a fault
Of many a Mormon boy.

3. My father is a Mormon true,
And when I am a man,
I want to be like him and do
Just all the good I can.
My faults I’ll try to overcome,
And while I life enjoy,
With pride I’ll lift my head and say,
“I am a Mormon boy.”

Chorus

A Mormon boy, a Mormon boy,
I am a Mormon boy;
I might be envied by a king,
For I am a Mormon boy.

Text: Evan Stephens
Music: Evan Stephens
Artist: Stephens
Album: Music Published in the Church Magazines: Friend
Composition Date: 1986-10-01

----
I guess this song will be banned now since using the word Mormon is a "victory for Satan."

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 12:29AM

Maybe we should organize a betting pool for when this silly campaign is officially terminated.

Oops--it will never be "officially" terminated, but relegated to, "I don't believe we ever taught that."

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 12:41AM

...in the room behind the door labeled "Forgotten Flecks of History," is preparing a box and writing on it in magic marker: "That time when someone decided that we weren't to be called Mormons."

The room is getting so full now. I think they're going to have to knock down the wall separating it from the next-door room -- the one behind the door labeled "Amazing Prophecies That Came True." That room is still empty, so the space is there if they need it.

Always nice to know that there's extra space that can be used.

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 02:36PM

Oh if there is anything that gets on my nerves its how some people will try to play gymnastics and use "I don't believe we ever taught that" excuses or other strategies in their efforts to defend our wondrous LDS gospel. Ever heard of DCP or some of the minions who hung out at FARMS at BYU or at FAIR? That is what I call being a "DISHONEST LDS apologist". Thus I post here so we can have the "HONEST" truth presented :) When we police the apologetics' answers to make sure they are completely honest then the anti-Church people won't be able to as easily say "see how that apologist is lying, what else are they lying about" to help form doubts in the minds of people and cause them to choose other paths in life than the Correlation program's path for us all.

For example, from time to time we see some liars get online and try to downplay how our beloved doctrine says that a practice called Monogamy was the cause of immense evil in the world history and the downfall of the Roman civilization and just about any civilization where such an evil practice as Monogamy was practiced. They'll try to say "times are different" but gloss over the fact that Brigham Young many times taught this teaching while he was President of the Church. And they'll gloss over the fact that these doctrinal teachings are unchangeable and that if our gospel is actually true then we get to be wondrously stuck with them forever. Anytime they say "Monogamy is not evil" they will cause doubts in the minds of honest informed people. And besides even if they do all their duties, such as scrubbing those chapel toilets so poor Heavenly Father can save money on janitors, then 2 Ne 9:34 says they'll go to hell so all their apologetics will be in vain when our beloved Heavenly Father, according to our loving wonderful gospel, thrusts then into a lake of fire and brimstone forever.

Thus I'll try my best to show the errors of any dishonest apologetics as I'm a firm believer in having honest faith in the truth, whatever the truth may be. Once the internet is free of dishonest apologetics and the Church apologists online have a strong reputation of being the most honest/transparent apologists ever in history then my work as "Honest TB[long]" will be done :)

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 03:15AM

They could be measuring the response to determine whether they can get away with ditching the BoA or BoM.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 07:59AM

Calling themselves saints sounds really pompous.
Will this anti-mormon gambit backfire on Russ ?

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 01:18PM

Russ is 93. He won't be around much longer. Even if he lives another ten years his mind will start to go. The word Mormon has been used a lot longer than Russ has been prophet. The word Mormon will outlast Russ. Russ' attempt to get rid of the word Mormon will soon be forgotten. People will still call the choir the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. A new prophet will come in and Russ will be soon forgotten. Especially if he passes away soon. Does anyone remember Howard W. Hunter? Not really. It's the charismatic prophets that are remembered. Russ has no charisma. He comes off as a creepy nerd.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: October 08, 2018 10:26AM

I believe the composition date should be 1886, not 1986.

Also, please note that the composer, Evan Stephens, composed many of the hymns that Mormons like the most, such as "Firm as the Mountains Around Us" and "What Was Witnessed in the heavens". And he was 100% gay.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.