Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 06:02PM

Could someone fill me in?

Are they are really big name? Would I recognize their songs? Could you classify their genre?

I know about their work re LGBQ suicide.

I just don't know who they are.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 06:20PM

Then it sounds like you know everything you need to know about them for how your life operates.

For your world experience they are not big, as that is pretty much the definition of big as it relates to personal context. Based on what you have written i suspect you wouldn't recognize their songs.

I first encountered them in alternative music contexts, but they get played in more mainstream rock and pop contexts too.

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 06:28PM

Got the alternative part, that helps me place them, then broadens them out.

I see they were up for an award and I thought, fuck, maybe I've become my great grandparents.

Thanks.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 06:44PM

I'm great grand parent age and I listen to them. Do not fear old age. I listen to everything.

Imagine Dragons are huge now. Play big arenas and have a lot of hit songs. My favorites are "Whatever It Takes," and "Thunder."

Yes. Nice Mormons who supported the LGBT kids in Provo with a concert.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 07:56PM

Here, see for yourself.
Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOsM-DYAEhY

Posted by: carameldreams ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 08:15PM

They sound like pretty much every other band who goes mainstream, sells out (something they understand having sold their souls to Mormon), featured as soundtrack to films and fancy themselves as 'change makers' and 'revolutionaries' aka The Killers but are the same corporate ass lickers as the rest of 'em.

The fact that The Church and LGBTQIA+ is now the hobby horse of Dan Reynolds and his 'Believer' film is absurd. Reynolds bites the hand and wants the church to change to HIS STANDARDS whilst enjoying $$$ from opposing the church. Blaming the church on his wife's mental health troubles is less than noble. But typical, as Mormons enjoy blaming Satan, anti's and the like.

Pop music. Do not expect much.

Posted by: PollyDee ( )
Date: October 10, 2018 09:20PM

You too - Imagine Dragons is hitting it big! They've already won many awards with more to come! I really like a lot of their songs.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_awards_and_nominations_received_by_Imagine_Dragons

Posted by: Phantom Shadow ( )
Date: January 07, 2019 11:00PM

Never heard of them until 18 mo ago when my I asked my grandkid, never-ever-mo, 9 yrs old, lives in mid-west, what his favorite band was. I'm a fan now--any successful human being who challenges stupid Mormon garbage is great as far as I'm concerned. Is the church going to kick him out?

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: January 07, 2019 11:33PM

I don't know who they are either. I only listen to 50,60,70 and only some 80's music. I don't watch contemporary movies either. I do notice some terrible music that plays in some commercials. So maybe I have heard they music in a commercial. I didn't like it. I guess I'm just spoiled with the oldies, I can't bring myself to lower my standards as I feel. Contempaorary music just makes me feel like a nobody without any taste. I'm 43.

Posted by: mankosuki ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 12:11AM

Nobody here watched the NHL Stanley Cup finals? They rocked T-Mobile arena before the final game.
Nobody watched halftime of the NCAA championship game tonight? Halftime show....Imagine Dragons.
Also some national Vegas ad spots...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tLzoumT3BJc

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 02:43AM

Also not my bag. Shitty Pop drivel.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed. Please start another thread and continue the conversation.