Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 05:51AM

Mormon heaven just got even stranger.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 02:35PM

Oh Amyjo that’s a great joke!

On the other hand I hope they do not become the reflexes dead walking the Wild West ghost towns . May the dead Rest In Peace.

In Buddhism there is a phrase someone taught me. It is called hungry ghost that is what you do not want to be; if still conscious when physically dead. It is relevant to your topic Amyjo because when you are dead if still conscious still aware you need to let the world go let your memories regrets worries tumble off you be free walk through the vast veil of living memories and on into something else (something new)
Now that’s if you’re still conscious. (Plan is: if you’re still conscious check if you’re dead see if you can walk through walls or something good plan right? Just in case there’s still consciousness! Have a plan in place takes out the stress )

So you’re proposing that the prophets plan & name change may uh, upset ancestors. You’re proposing it might create hungry ghosts in recent dearly departeds if it unrest like disturbs their peaceful departure—— by betraying or disturbing their identity. Let’s hope the temple garments work when they’re buried and they don’t get all upset about the names they are called (cause they’re not Mormon anymore)

I think the super seniors could really be hurt by this if their younger t b m family members treat them like they’re winning when they call themselves mormon; you know before or after a stroke. Chiding a person when they / could be nagging or abusive of our super seniors ego identities if they’re still trying to be Mormon in a senior living arrangement. I hope people are respectful.

Date: October 11, 2018 02:41PM

Ai flip reflexes dead in spot typed to say: restless dead

Ohhh the Day of the Dead is coming! All Saints Day when Catholics try to pray the dead out of hell or was it purgatory? What will happen if the dead don’t come because you call them the wrong name? Oh geneology

Spelling error. Such outcomes. Ack! What will become of our dearly departed in disagreement over descendants disrespecting them (the Mormons)

Date: October 11, 2018 02:47PM

Oh heck, sorry!

Date: October 11, 2018 02:58PM

Those are some really interesting comments, Painting. Yeah, for the recently departed or not, I can see the concept stirring up some unrest for weary spirits. To find peace and rest in the afterlife. Or even their way to the light to cross over. If they rely on telepathy or name recognition, it could throw them off. ;o)

In the broader sense, I imagine that death is a lot like being born. It's a fixed kind of deal. We go to the same general kind of place, but then again, there can be many different areas we could end up in. It's a big universe. The possibilities are endless. If spirit matter is ethereal and transcends time and space.

:o)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 03:09PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: paintingnotloggedin ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 04:52PM

just teasing about name recognition I am thinking telepathy or some thing would work getting to that light, don't you?

just hoping folks won't be distracted by earth bound business seeming disrespect of their entire life work by their earth faith community or their living family …. with this non Mormon not a Mormon Satan Mormon thing might make it hard for the recently departed Mormon to rest in peace, let it go, and get to the light.

Apparently the "hungry ghost" idea is another culture's concept of the dead not resting in peace. My teacher told me that some of them did not know they were dead, and apparently (if you die, and your body lies there dead but you notice you have consciousness, my Buddhist teacher said the first thing you will need to do is be aware you are dead/ your body is dead.. fly into a ceiling or something and notice it doesn't hit you, then you'll know. Next thing on the agenda, is to walk through the memories and worries and old problems which were present concerns or life time concerns all the projections and make it to the light....or you'll be a hungry ghost dealing with projections. (haunting some place on earth, instead.)

Mormons who feel betrayed or that they are rejected for their life making I Am A Mormon blog productions, or writing I am A Mormon is book of Mormons for missionaries to give out and buying them to leave in motel rooms with their Hi my name is Suzy and I Am A Mormon and this is my testimony- that their peace is disrupted and they may need to process the rejection, abandonment of a way of life, a way of labeling themselves as part of a group, a spiritual rejection, and walk through it all to the light anyways.

So I worry about those super seniors; the newly departed or soon to pass on, can you see them, they're all dressed up, they're at their funeral listening beside their casket counting the family members browsing the gossip and WHAT? What's that? I m not a Mormon huh? We aren't Mormons, What? huh? confused ghost. I hope someone figures out a way out of that in their, religious ceremony.

Date: October 11, 2018 05:18PM

When my cousin died last winter of 2017, she was buried in her temple clothing. I came early to the funeral. Hadn't seen her since we were both young adults; she was a couple years older than I am. I barely recognized her. She hadn't spoke to her mom in more than 30 years, and most of her siblings (except for one of them.) Her entire family was there at her funeral, and me who traveled all the way from New York to support her mother (her mom is my first cousin even though she and I are a generation apart.) Cousin's body was interred in her childhood home where she'd grown up. She hadn't visited there either in over 30 years. Even on her deathbed she wasn't speaking to her mother or most of her family. So she died with lots of unresolved conflict.

A few months after her funeral I had something of a visitation from her. I've been a conduit for spirits since I was a child. Most of my relatives who've had messages for me was that they're at peace on the other side. When my cousin made her appearance she was anything but at rest. She was dressed in her burial clothes too, of all things. I sensed she was angry and mad that I went to the funeral to support her mother who she hadn't spoken to in so long. It broke her mom's heart.

So I bought some sage and lavender and cleansed my house by doing prayers of St Thomas, The Lord's Prayer, and Psalm 23. I told my cousin it was okay for her to go toward the light; she didn't need to stay earthbound any longer. She was free to go. I sensed her spirit was confused and not at peace. After I did the prayer and sage thing, (it took several days,) she went away (I hope toward the light.) Her husband went downhill after she died. Maybe her spirit is earthbound waiting for him to join her. My step-dad used to say that about my mom. He felt her spirit with him after she died. I never felt my mom's spirit was at peace until the day he died. Then I felt her presence on the morning he passed away to let me know her spirit was finally at peace. I didn't learn he died until two days later.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 05:49PM

After meeting with a GA (someday I'll get around to checking my church records to see if they indicate who it was, so I can brag about it if it was a big enough name, because, at that time, he was just another old mormon White man...) in late 1964, to be judged as to my worthiness to go on a mission, and being given the okay, after 6 months in the penalty box, I was the most devout mormon you ever saw. But a lot of what you couldn't see didn't change, you know, the masturbation and always trying to take a deep visual breath of boobs... Someday I'll do a soliloquy on what boobs meant to a guy back in the 1960s...

So anyway, I was honestly, sort of, trying to be a good, clean, healthy mormon. I was reading church books and going to ALL the meetings I could (Monday: Choir Practice; Tuesday: M.I.A.; Wednesday: Stake M.I.A. with my G/F, the Patriarch's daughter, but we'd always leave early and go cruise Fremont St.; Thursday was a free night!; then Friday was date night, usually a movie and then cruising Fremont; then Saturday was a dance night somewhere in the Stake; and then Sunday there was church all day and then a youth fireside somewhere. I was totally consumed with the church.

Now get this, as an only child, I obviously had my own bedroom. And it was a huge room, which as I've mentioned before was part of my daydream to get married in the 8th grade and Susie Smith would have had plenty of room in the big closet, et al.

So it's late at night and I finally was ready for bed. So as was my habit I went into the closet to pray. I would kneel by the dirty clothes hamper and put my elbows on it and bow my head and do pray. On this occasion, after closing my eyes, I immediately saw/felt a strong light. You know how with your eyes closed in the presence of a strong light, you see the red of the blood going through your eyelids? Well, that was what I was sensing. And I'd gone into the bedroom alone, and the light was off!

So based on what I was experiencing and on what I knew about life, mormons, ghawd and angels, I jumped to the conclusion that there was an angel in the closet with me. And the next conclusion was that he (why do we never see female angels?) must have a message for me.

Now I'm reasonably intelligent and supremely lazy, so it was obvious that a message from an angel probably entailed doing something, and I don't ever volunteer to for extra duty without the benefit(s) first being spelled out! So within just a couple of seconds, I had reached the conclusion that not having asked for anything that required a heavenly visitation, I wasn't going to accept the angel's visit. So I squeezed my eyes tighter shut (and the light was still seemingly penetrating my eyelids) and suggested to the angel that I was not worthy of his visit and maybe we'd all be better off if he left. And after another few seconds, the light that was seemingly in the closet went away and I opened my eyes and found myself to be alone.

I carried that memory around for a few months, wondering if I had thrown away the chance to become a tool in ghawd's hand? But then the same thing happened again, with the eyes and the light, in a secular setting, and I knew then that I had not been visited by an angel.

And of course, once I went through the temple, I suffered a complete loss of belief in angels and the entire panoply of heavenly beings.

Date: October 11, 2018 06:21PM

The only thing I managed to hide in my closet from my parents was a stray dog found along the country road where I lived as a child. It lasted only as long as the dog was silent. The minute he began barking the gig was up.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 06:55PM

My dad was born in Nacozari, Sonora, Mexico in 1903. His parents at that time, GF Julian and GM Antonia, were very well off. Julian owned a couple of silver mines.

Nacozari is a mining town. The silver played out, but the copper is still plentiful and while the town has had its ups and downs, there has been a steadiness to it that is envied by many other small towns in the area. It's one big saving grace is the rail line between Nacozari and Agua Prieta, at the US border.

My dad sent me down there for three summers in a row, when I was 10, 11 & 12. I had a blast the first two summers, but didn't really want to stay that third summer so I came home after two weeks. I was too involved with the church and my church friends by age 12.

The second summer I was down there, two buddies and I smoked a pack of what I now know had to be extremely vile Mexican-made cigarettes. I threw up a lot and felt very, very bad. So when asked if I've ever smoked, I respond by saying, "yes, for two hours on a Wednesday afternoon on a hillside overlooking the dirt golf course in Nacozari."

I stayed with my dad's cousin, Petrita Kaldman. It seems that a lot of German engineers had come over to help build the railways and help with overseeing mining operations. Mr. Kaldman did look like a mixture of the Teutonic and the Lamanite. It was a good look. They had some really good looking kids, which I may or may not get to tell you all about at some later date! Especially Emma!

Anyway, Petrita would not allow pets in the house.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 08:45PM

I wonder how Mormon is taking it?

Date: October 12, 2018 03:01AM

He's going the way of Sasquatch.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 10:27AM

At least his followers won’t be using his name in vane !!!

Date: October 12, 2018 10:36AM

Me thinks there has been more Sasquatch sightings than there have been Mormon sightings!

;o)

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 10:34AM

“Spirit World” would be a great name for a Utah liquor store.

Date: October 12, 2018 10:36AM

Oh yes it would!

My, my, the funny for today.

:o)

Date: October 12, 2018 10:40AM

Picture "Spirit World" liquors adjacent to Purgatory county lockup. Where one world meets the other.

(bd jk)

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 11:07AM

Here is the documented correct answer - I.e. Mormons - on who got to get to Paradise/Heaven :) That's where I understand, thanks to the beloved Correlation program, that Gordon B. Hinckley, famous for "Mormon means more good", and others are now leading the effort to fall in line with the new changes that are happening in this glorious eternally stable gospel of ours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrBIm1zKhW4&pbjreload=10

Recently all the active members of the Church in my Ward/Stake became ex-mormons thanks to the counsel given to us by a very famous ex-Mormon heart surgeon named Russell M. Nelson. Thanks to the Correlation program we've have our brains molded into believing that he is a powerful prophet, super seer, and revered revelator. He (and all the rest of us who think so peculiarly) are not Mormon but [long phrase goes here].

Of course after all the work we've done to build up Mormonism its quite the adjustment. I suppose that all the active members are going to need to find some place (such as an internet message board) to help them adjust and recovery from considering themselves as Mormons to now always call themselves (and expect everyone to follow suit) as [long phrase goes here]. You all seem like nice people. I wonder if the Correlation program would approve of us using this Board and the oldtimers here to guide us the correct direction away from being Mormon. What a glorious peculiar and wondrous Church we have.

Date: October 12, 2018 12:00PM

Hilarious.

Now even Mormons are going to need "Recovery from Mormonism" to heal.

Life shall find a way!

:D

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.