Date: October 11, 2018 11:54AM
In my first epistle to the exmos, I asked that our posters be friendly and congenial with each other. https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,2163222
And yet, some of you have been involved in the exact personal attacks and bickering that I expressly said that I didn't want to see.
There's no need for such fighting and it will stop now. I've gotten rid of a couple of threads that were causing trouble and I have no problem with getting rid of more. I don't like removing posts and I don't do it lightly. Be assured I will not permit pointless bickering to drag this forum into a mire of irrelevancy. That's not what it's here for.
CZ's quickie guide on posting etiquette:
* Do share your personal experiences.
* Do post on topics related to Mormonism and recovery therefrom.
* Do be kind to others.
* Do think before you post: "What is my writing intended to accomplish?"
* Do respect the privacy of other posters.
* Do not attack other posters.
* Do not ascribe motives to other posters.
* Do not expect that everyone here will agree with what you write.
* Do not expect that the admins will mediate your dispute or take your side. I'd rather lop off an entire conversation than see things get further bogged down.
Feel free to disagree with each other, but do so in a congenial fashion.
Always remember that, on the Internet, you'll never convince everyone (or possibly anyone) to agree with you or even change their mind.https://www.xkcd.com/386/
Recovering from a damaging cult is far more important than showing off for others, so please:
Post calmly. Post kindly. Post relevantly.
CZ (benevolent and forgiving admin)