Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 03:00PM

will work out with my TBM SILS wanting to post photos of themselves dressed up as witches.

#thingsthatmakeyougohmmm

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 03:05PM

Are you talking about the upcoming Halloween or are you describing the weekly RS meeting?

Posted by: yorkie ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 03:11PM

messygoop Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you talking about the upcoming Halloween or
> are you describing the weekly RS meeting?

Or the ward temple night?

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 06:55PM

LOl. Seriously though, anyone else have female TBM family members with an inordinately enthusiastic penchant for dressing up as witches?

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 12:53PM

Yes! My mother is one of them.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 05:09PM

It's not going over so well with some mormon (err, churchofjesuschristoflatterdaysaint-member) women:

https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/10/mormon-women-social-media-fast.html

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 06:22PM

Oh, that is quite funny. Love the big pic of Russ.

The truly brainwashed will stay off if for no other reason than to show that they're more brainless than their fellow sheep. I doubt they'll really stay off. They will peek to see who else is posting and not bowing their heads and saying "yes, we will obey." But they won't dare post for 10 days. I really wouldn't notice it since I doubt I have any FB contacts who would be in the contest.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 07:04PM

Talked at length on his am radio show about the "grand poohbah"s direction for women to stay off social media - which he thought was interesting in light of the "me/too" movement.

Fun to see "peculiar people" get media attention!

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 07:06PM

DAMN IT! That's what I get for sleeping in!

Now I'll have to go listen to the podcasts of each hour... I'm sure it'll be worth it though.

I love it when people like him make fun of mormonism!

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: October 11, 2018 07:05PM

One of my friends posted on Facebook that she will comply when the men go first. Swear she is trying to get ex’d

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2018 07:05PM by sbg.

Posted by: readwrite-now ( )
Date: October 12, 2018 05:30PM

People, especially ladies, young, old, and in between , can now feel better about themselves (for a few days) [than they ever have before, for a moment in time], because their preacher-[mis]leader told them they could/ TO.

They are just eating it up (they are hungry; mormonism starves them) They can't do it by themselves. Will their men - should they have them/ one - support them (by reading the news to them and feeding them the gospel on paper plates)? Will they be eternally successful, peaceful and thoughtful, or will that wear off too by next week?

A lot of good this 'church' does. Makes people feel bad about themselves (so they can feel "better" about themselves). Puts a carrot on a stick just so they can watch them giggle, gaggle and wiggle.

They will just have to return to reading the newspaper, books, and zines. Listen to the radio, and others who watch the news, to keep up on the most mundane thing in their life-tscc.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 12:55PM

If I was still LDS, there's no way I would have followed that one. LOL

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 12:59PM

Well my TBM sister sure isn't heeding the command! She posts about anything and everything all the damn time...

Posted by: allegro ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 01:54PM

What sickens me is the women have to told what to do by a man. They can't think for themselves. In fact, they are equated with the children that went off of social media. There is nothing wrong to go off social media for a break. It becomes wrong when a power figure uses their fake special power and tells you to do it. That along with it just being the women and children.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 03:30PM

That's what sickens me as well as it was something a man told them to do, and it was just the women who were told to stay off social media. Now, taking a break is actually a nice thing on occasion, but it should be a choice someone makes on their own. The Mormon women I have on my Facebook list are unfortunately following what their cult has told them to do, and for at least one individual, it must be extremely difficult since she loves to post posed pictures of herself and her children on a daily basis.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: October 13, 2018 09:47PM

Isn't it interesting that those of us that vote by mail will be getting ballots the same week mormon women are not on social media?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.