Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Razortooth ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 01:57PM

it can cause people.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2018 11:36PM by Tevai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 02:00PM

... and alimony!

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 02:30PM

And love and understanding

Date: October 14, 2018 02:41PM

Love and Understanding are indeed the ideal results of having sex. But it takes a good deal more than just the sex to engender Love and Understanding...

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 03:19PM

I agree, sex alone isn't enough to engender Love and Understanding.

Posted by: Beth ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 02:39PM

a subsequent dry spell.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 03:24PM

lol ~ OPie not doing it right ~

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 03:35PM

What worse thing?

If there's a worse thing, you're doing it wrong. Mormon style

maybe?

Posted by: manymoremany ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 03:52PM

talking about it

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 04:01PM

It ends

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 04:27PM

Reminds me of the (only) sex scene in The Shape of Water...

Posted by: Annon1 ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 04:50PM

My right arm gets sore. :)

Posted by: readwrite-now ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 05:31PM

Learning how [not] to do it, or do it wrong, or write.
Finding someone to do it with... again and again and again.
Being someone to do it with forever and ever.
Using your own body, because it's the closest-best thing around.
Thinking about it [not doing it]! Feeling the ebb and flow. Blow

Posted by: StillAnon ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 05:32PM

I thought you were going say your Visa bill charges.

Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 05:40PM

...realizing I could've been having it guilt-free for decades if I hadn't been raised a Mormon.

Posted by: jc ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 09:09PM

....the clean-up on isle nine.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 09:52PM

finding out your partner has...

Posted by: dontmindme ( )
Date: October 14, 2018 10:54PM

reliving childhood trauma

Posted by: NormaRae ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 12:14AM

oh yeah. Been so long since there was a chance of it producing people, I almost forgot. The up side of that is that it produces grandchildren. But sucks that she’s so far away. :-(
*** oops, sorry. Reply to Razortooth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2018 12:22AM by NormaRae.

Date: October 15, 2018 12:15AM

We have it but we don't need it.
Without it, we wouldn't be here.
Where are we? OmG!
What are we doing here?
What can we do about it?

CLIMAX

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 10:30AM

There's a worst thing about it?

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 10:46AM

Thanks to the beloved Correlation program I've been well taught to be submissive to the peculiar reality that our sex lives are subject being very micromanaged by the holy local leaders as they have the priesthood keys to closely supervise everything we do in our lives. It starts with 1:1 interviews when we are young kids where the Bishops will ask very detailed questions in accordance whatever comes into their holy minds while they are having these interviews. In the world outside the Church, where they don't have such peculiar holy traditions, this would be considered sick and perverse. But its all fine and dandy because of our amazingly wondrous gospel where the leaders say its all dandy. We can only have sex lives that are subject to very close management by our leaders. We're taught it can be such a beautiful relationship of a man, woman, and their leaders micromanaging it all. Of course its primarily for bringing children into the world into covenant families (where the children will be raised by the Correlation program) instead of in the homes of the wicked (the families where they don't believe that the Church is the most honest and transparent organization ever).

Posted by: Sillyrabbit ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 11:25AM

That it lacks the deeper, emotional connection of making love?

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 12:27PM

trans = across

parent = mother or father

transparent 'means' visible, not hidden??

TSCC isn't visible in its finances or poloicy making, but in some ways it is 'across parents'

I have a headache!

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 01:41PM

Your "TSCC isn't visible in its finances or poloicy making" comment reminds me that I still need to provide all of you that wonderful link to a webpage on the Church's website where it shows, with easy-to-read-and-navigate reports/numbers/info, how super honest and transparent (i.e. being TRUE, and not a fraud) the Church really is :) In the meantime my precious credibility is in the toilet and people who read what I write will probably have some serious Doubts over whether the Church is true or think that I’m just being delusional. They might even think that I’m writing parody to poke holes and show how its an absurd dangerous cult if they happen to actually think the Church really isn’t honest/transparent & that they didn’t leave because they wanted to be sinners or they were offended. Well I better get this link up here super soon :(

I am reminded that a good way to start off a conversation with any Church representative (CR) is as follows:

CR: Hi, we have missed you [just supposing here that maybe you have missed some important exciting spiritually nourishing Church meeting recently]

You: Please first email me the link to a web page on the Church's website where I can it shows, with easy-to-read-and-navigate reports/numbers/info, how super honest and transparent (i.e. being TRUE, and not a fraud) the Church really is on its finances, statistics, doctrines, and history.

CR: What is your email?

You: [provide email]

CR: Sending now.

You: Ok got it. Thank you. [Start reading] .... Wow this Church is so incredibly honest and transparent. Is it indeed the True Church?

Note: Its always possible that in the dialogue above that you might have some CR not give you the effective response of "What is your email?" but some dishonest or runaround approach. That would be sad because such people are not respecting you and respecting how important it is up front for CR's to demonstrate that the Church members/representatives are sincerely really trying super hard to be honest/transparent. So just in case you run into a CR who purposely is disrespectful and less effective then here is a suggested alternative dialogue.

CR: Hi, we have missed you.

You: Please first email me the link to a web page on the Church's website where I can it shows, with easy-to-read-and-navigate reports/numbers/info, how super honest and transparent (i.e. being TRUE, and not a fraud) the Church really is on its finances, statistics, doctrines, and history.

CR: [some other answer besides just asking for your email]

You: Why are you being unstraightforward, dishonest and giving me the runaround? Either the Church is true, i.e. honest/transparent, or it’s a fraud. So don’t you think that if you have the gift of discernment in the Church that you would be prepared up front to anticipate this question as I am a sincere honest-in-heart seeker of truth and its important to figure out up front whether or not the Church is honest/transparent or a fraud as any True Church is honest/transparent?

CR: Yes that is correct. I’m sorry. What is your email?

[At this point the dialogue gets back to how it should’ve been in the first place :) Now if you happen to run into a CR who doesn’t quickly admit their mistake then you can know that they are not an honest person who is just harassing you. In such a case I’d tell them that they are dishonest, they should leave you alone until they repent, and tell them to read 2 Ne 9:34. Now of course in the True Church that wouldn’t ever happen

Posted by: You Too? ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 02:29PM

It doesn't last forever.

Date: October 15, 2018 11:10PM

It's rarely as good for you as it is for them

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: October 15, 2018 11:15PM

What if every child born on the planet were to be reversibly sterilized at birth - how many would have the "undo" operation as adults?

If there were criteria to be met before qualifying for the operation, how many would pass?

Date: October 16, 2018 01:21AM

I've heard of a plan to put an "anti-baby" ingredient into food and water, so ubiquitously, than no one in a region following the plan could either furnish a potent sperm or provide a useable egg. (Don't ask me for the particulars; just play along...)

But should a couple meet the appropriate (and very high) requirements to become parents, they would each be given the antidote to the "anti-baby" stuff and so the woman could wind up pregnant.

It is recognized that there would be a wholesale onslaught of attempts to cheat the system, but the basic goal would probably be attained: control of the burgeoning population and the removal from the birthing system of 99% of the less than ideal parents.

Would it be fair? Hell no! But sometimes being fair is not fair to the majority.

(of course, I made all this up, but if I can think of it, so can the Powers That Be. Would I want to live in such a circumstance? If I didn't 'know' any better, why wouldn't I?)

Posted by: manymoremany ( )
Date: October 16, 2018 12:54AM

Sometimes you've got to watch how you spread 'em... you might spread 'em!

M@t

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 16, 2018 01:52AM

I've heard people talk about the concept of "intelligent design" when talking about the world we live in. I grant that it is complex and maybe some engineering was applied. But I'm not so sure about the "intelligent" part of the "intelligent design" concept.

Sex. I don't think god really thought this one through very well.

Basically the purpose of it is to encourage two members of the species to engage in certain squishy, messy actions with each other in order to combine biologically encoded data that, when combined, will initiate the formation of another member of the species.

The perpetuation of the species is dependent upon motivating sufficient numbers of species members to engage in said squishy, messy actions rather than, for example, spending an enjoyable day playing with sticks and eating dead animals.

In order to make people engage in what otherwise would seem like yucky activities, such activities must artificially be made to seem exciting and thrilling.

God solved this problem by making the bodies of species members produce drugs internally. We now call these drugs "hormones." When under the influence of the drugs, people become so irrationally thrilled at the prospect of hugging, smooshing and squishing with each other that they forget all about the sticks and dead animals that they would ordinarily prefer to play with if left to their own undrugged devices.

Seems like an elegant design so far, right? But in practice, the dosages of the drugs need to be carefully calibrated, released only at the right time and coordinated and linked with an appropriate counterparty who is also subject to a precise and focused dosage regime.

But OUR god got lazy and said f*** that. I'm on my break. This is good enough.

So we have a system that is subject to wild mis-calibrations, timing errors and counterparty errors. Too high a dosage at the wrong time and people try to hug, smoosh and squish with telephone poles, trees, bears, reindeer, automobiles and other inappropriate counterparties. Result: species perpetuation failure.

Too small a dosage may result in pre-consummation lack of interest. Result: species perpetuation failure.

Uncoordinated counterparty dosing may lead to failure to connect...as well as many legal issues. Result: species perpetuation failure.

Basically, the side effects of god's design are a huge mess. It seems like a smart god could have easily come up with a much better design for a species perpetuation system. OUR god's solution? Simple. Blame the species members for all of the negative side effects, even though they had no role in the design or engineering.

So here we are.

We're the "lucky" people who got stuck with the lazy, F-student god.

On other worlds, somewhere, governed by the diligent A-student gods, people are experiencing much more elegant systems involving electromagnetically charged tingling for mutually enjoyable recreating, while also enjoying a-sexual reproduction involving the production of large chocolate eggs that grow when implanted on certain glowing trees and, when the time is right, a birthing process implemented by instinctively selected caregivers, who eat away the chocolate shell to reveal the beautiful baby inside.

But no! I had to end up in this world. !$#%!!

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: October 16, 2018 10:21AM

But what about my binders full of women ?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.