Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: October 17, 2018 11:01PM

walked right past my house!! If you don't know, I officially resigned a few months ago. They've been bugging me several times a year since I moved to my current neighborhood...my TBM neighbor is in the bishoprick and my dad is the ward clerk. They ALWAYS send the mishies my way. I didn't tell any of my TBM family members that I resigned (whom I live in their 'ward boundaries'). I figured it's my life, so why make it about them?

I've often wondered if once you resign, are you put on some kind of blacklist? Obviously I'm on some kind of list if they were 'proselytizing' on my street and passed my house!!! I was even outside on my deck...a usually easy target!

But no! Walked right past! If that's my new normal, then I considering resigning a huge victory for myself. :-D

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 02:26AM

Wonderful for you to know!

And absolutely, a huge victory for you!

I am happy for you.

Posted by: Fascinated in the Midwest ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 10:20AM

Now will you please ensure they walk past my house, too?

I'm Never-Mo.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 12:01PM

Enjoy it while it lasts.

If it becomes the 'new normal' one more reason to celebrate !

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 12:47PM

Sometimes they harass. Other times they shun. Sometimes they sit back and gossip. Perhaps they're talking about you and haven't yet decided what to do. "A few months" is minimal to people who think they own you for eternity.

Posted by: bluebutterfly ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 07:25PM

I've definitely been shunned by one person...she lives across the street from my parents, and is super close friends with my sister. But she is a horribly unfriendly and sanctimonious human anyway, so it's not like her and I were ever friends. The other Mo's I run into at my children's school act friendlier than normal or don't say hi at all (shunning). When I moved back to my parent's neighborhood a few years ago there were plenty of Mo's that knew me from back in the day. Anyone 'new' around here since I left this neighborhood after high school has only known me to be an 'inactive'. I haven't been to church in 20 years. My Mormon neighbors were acting weird at first (or maybe it was just in my head), but my nevermo hubby always keeps the relationship with them light and friendly, which helps. NONE of my family members have confronted me about resigning, and I didn't tell them. I'm sure it'll come up eventually.

I really did wonder what would happen with the mishies once I resigned...because I was fed up with being bothered by them.

When I saw them walking down the street I was quickly trying to think of a response for when they walked up my driveway...but how awkward would that be, knowing they were scheduled to have dinner at my parent's house tonight! LMAO So glad I didn't have to deal with them.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: October 18, 2018 10:22PM

I thought that this was a game, and we were supposed to finish the sentence. I was going to say, "urinated in the bushes."

Posted by: 3X ( )
Date: October 19, 2018 03:30PM

That would be the 1'st anointing?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.