Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: sunbeep ( )
Date: October 20, 2018 03:28PM

Around 2005 I went to work for a real jerk of a guy. He had a daughter who was a lesbian and she had a "wife" named Alisa. Alisa was a Butch lesbian and very proud of it. Alisa didn't hate men, she just preferred women. Kurt hired Alisa and put her working with me so she could learn the construction trade. We worked together for about five years and then Kurt's construction company folded up when he met a girlfriend and his wife didn't understand why that was okay. Alisa and I parted ways and I lost contact with her for a long time.

My TBM wife passed away in April of 2011 and I was still working, but for a different guy. Losing a spouse can make a person go a little bit loony and even though I tried to work, sometimes I just had to take a leave of absence while I sorted things out. My wife's Birthday was coming up. I knew that that day would be hard but I had no idea. When her birthday month rolled around I thought I was doing okay. I still remember waking up on the 5th of the month and I just fell apart. I couldn't stay in that house for another minute. It felt like I was suffocating. It's hard to describe, but I had to leave but didn't have anywhere to go.

I packed a small bag with some clothes and a toothbrush, bungied in onto the back of my motorcycle, and locked up the house. I rode to the bank and withdrew a few hundred dollars, and headed for Washington City to gas up at Hart's station, one of my favorite places. I had just filled my tank and was walking out of the gas station when Alisa walked in. We passed in the doorway. We greeted one another and I told her I would wait outside while she got her pack of smokes and we talked outside for a few minutes.

Alisa had just got fired from her job. She had a new wife and was living with Jasmine now, who was Bi-Polar, and Alisa had just been kicked out by Jasmine again. Alisa drove a van and said she would stay in her van until Jasmine would let her come back which usually takes about a week. I explained that I was leaving town on my Bike and was going to go East to find out where the Sun comes from. I invited her to join me and she said she would except that she didn't have any gas for her van. I handed her a hundred dollar bill. She said she had a couple of errands to run so I told her I would be at Jacob's Lake Inn which is at the entrance to the Grand Canyon North Rim.

I left Washington City and headed East. Jacob's Lake is about 120 miles and I rode very peacefully non-stop all the way to Kanab. Once I got to Jacob's Lake Inn I rented one of their log cabins, took a nap, and wandered over to the little store to get a sandwich. I was sitting on my log cabin porch eating my ham & salami sandwich when Alisa drove in. She was hungry so we got her a sandwich too, and a bottle of wine, and sat on that porch and ate dinner. The wine was nasty, but we drank some anyway.

Along about dusk Alisa asked me if I wanted to take a walk in the woods. I said I would so we headed down a forest service road for a ways. Then we turned and headed up into the woods to a secluded spot. Alisa sat down on a log and pulled out a little silver pipe. She loaded it up with some pot from a baggie. Mind you, I've never smoked pot before, and I had no idea what was going to happen. She took a deep drag, then said in a pinched voice, "open your mouth". I made the shape of an "0" and she leaned towards me. She pressed her lips against mine and as she exhaled, I inhaled. I could feel the smoke enter my lungs and it felt like the color of grayish white, if that makes any sense. Her lips were warm and very soft. She said to hold it for as long as I could. When I exhaled, a nice cloud of smoke came out. I was surprised that I didn't cough. It was a very mild smoke and didn't choke me up like cigarette smoke does.

Alisa took another deep drag, leaned in, and I took another of what they call a Shotgun Hit. Then we did it again and again, maybe a dozen times or more, I lost count. She put the pipe away and we slowly started to walk back. About half way back we stopped. She took out the pipe again gave me another shotgun hit, then another and another. Maybe another dozen or so. Then as we walked back to the cabin I felt really happy. I knew I was walking, but I had to look down to see if my legs were actually moving or if I was just floating along.

We arrived back at the cabin when it was getting dark. Once inside Alisa pulled out a deck of cards and we began to play Gin Rummy on a little table that was in the room. After a while Alisa got up and closed the door. She closed the windows and pulled the curtains closed. Out came the little silver pipe. She carefully packed it with weed from the baggie and found her lighter. She took a deep drag, leaned over the table, and gave me a deep shotgun hit, then another and another. Maybe 12 - 15, I tried to keep count but lost track.

I remember looking at the playing cards in my hand. I could see them but I didn't have a clue as to what to do with them. I don't know what happened after that, but I remember pulling the sheets back on the bed and Alisa taking off my shoes. The next thing I remember was hearing the sounds of a car tire in the gravel. I looked over at the window and it was daylight. It took me a minute to figure out where I was. Then it started to come back to me. What in the hell did I just do? I could hear Alisa breathing and looked over. She was on top of the bed next to me in her sleeping bag. I checked and I was fully dressed except for my shoes.

We wandered over to the little store and got some coffee and a bagel. I checked out of the cabin and we decided to go into the Park and see the Canyon. Alisa drove and I rode with her. She didn't want to ride on the motorcycle without her leathers. Safety first. We had a very nice time at the Grand Canyon and seen the sights. We had a very good sandwich from a sandwich shop in the lodge. I asked her if she was up to spending another night with me and she said she was so I called Jacob's Lake Inn from a pay phone and booked another night at a different cabin.

We arrived at Jacob's Inn, checked in, and ate dinner at the diner there. It was an awesome experience. We found ourselves sitting on our cabin porch around dusk. Alisa said, "you wanna take a walk in the woods?" "Hell Yea I do". Once again we walked down that service road. Once again the pipe came out, and we shared quite a few shotgun hits. Back at the cabin we played Gin Rummy again, but I decided to forgo the last round of smoking. I wanted to stay awake and enjoy the ambience of the evening instead of blacking out.

Alisa and I spent three days and two nights together. We slept in the same bed, and shared something I will always remember. We didn't "do the deed" as we both respected each other and we didn't want to complicate things. That was a very special time for me and was my first experience with the evil weed. Since then I've partaken of it a few times and learned how to properly load a bowl. I even bought my own glass pipe. I kept a stash in the garage in a special hiding place that nobody knows of. A few times I smoked too much and I barely made it into the house before passing out on the bed for 6 - 8 hours. I've experienced the paranoia that they talk about, and after a while I decided that I would rather not smoke weed than smoke it. It just doesn't fit me very well I guess. Booze is my vice of choice now.

I've lost track of Alisa, don't know where she is or what she is doing. She was a good friend. She came to my house a few times and showed me how to smoke pot on my own without the shotgun approach. I think I need a drink now.

* You have my permission to save, use, reprint, repossess, or dispose of this missive as you see fit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2018 05:29PM by sunbeep.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: November 30, 2018 01:48PM

I love this story, Sunbeep.

There is something about your writing style that makes me think that I'm not reading--but that you are sitting at the table telling us. It feels that natural.

I'm sorry you lost track of Alisa. I hope that you can hunt her up.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: November 30, 2018 02:24PM

Lovely read. Thanks!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.