Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 10:39PM

So, I just got home from spending 5 hours in the ER. WHY? Because my blood pressure is through the roof and it is effecting my asthma, that's why? I started seeing small signs of it over the summer before my surgery and didn't think anything of it. It wasn't until I started my physical therapy that I started to have some real issues with it. This weekend, I have had an on again-off again head ache and today I started feeling light-headed and I have been having issues breathing and finally ended up at the ER having a chest x-ray done and a ct scan on my lungs as well as having my heart and blood pressure monitored. My blood pressure ranged from the 140's to the 170's with the bottom number ranging from the 70's to the 100's. Yeah not good for a 35 year old. Going to call the doctor tomorrow because I had already started the process of getting it checked out and hopefully I might get to go see the doctor sooner than Friday but until then, I got me some new blood pressure meds and a inhaler that I can go get tomorrow. As for now, I am off to take a shower and to go to bed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Tevai ( )
Date: October 22, 2018 11:02PM

Wow. You're going through some serious-feeling stuff.

I am sorry--AND I am really glad you are already on the way to getting everything under control.

I am thinking of you, kativicky.

I hope everything from now on goes smoothly, and just the way you would most appreciate.

Posted by: catnip ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 02:03AM

Wow, kat! Those are nasty numbers! Mine are in roughly the same neighborhood, but I'm twice your age.

Hope your doctor finds some answers for you, promptly!

Sending hugs and best wishes from High Desert Country (which is scheduled to be rain-soaked - 100% likely, according to our weather guy - tomorrow.)

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 02:31AM

Hey, kat. I'm so sorry you are going through this mess! Wish I could be at your side to help you through it. When it rains it pours, right! (((((Kat)))))))

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 05:20AM

I'm sorry that you're feeling unwell, Kativicky. Hopefully the new medication and the inhaler will help. It sounds like the ER took good care of you.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 06:12AM

Hope you get feeling better ASAP.

Hang in there.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 08:50AM

Hope you're feeling better today.
Those blood pressure numbers are so off for a 35 year-old...do you know what's behind them?
Take it easy and take your meds!

Date: October 23, 2018 10:07AM

No I don't know why I am dealing with this other than I do have issues with my weight which I know it factoring in to it. Hopefully I can get some relieve from it because I am really showing the signs of it being high all the time.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 12:56PM

> I am really showing the signs of it being high all the time >

You too huh?

Mine was high once, and it worried me. Then it wasn't. Wsheww. So, it's not too late (Nip it in the bud. Love them flowers.)! 'Today Is The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life' [unknown].
It's about eating healthy, a healthy outlook, overall, and living as stress-free as possible [mentally, physically, financially, socially, etc.]. I'm not a pro. It;s just what I know, or learned, quickly.

High blood pressure runs [and walks] in some families. You can't outrun it. It'll give you the runs. Careful. Take care of yourself, and stay high always, with low blood pressure.

This has been an ad without a fad. Rad!

M@t

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 09:06AM

Hope you start feeling better, On the positive side those numbers you've written down don't seem to be that high to me...

"140's to the 170's, 70's to the 100's. "

Could it be that your overstressing when getting your numbers taken? The contraptions are very uncomfortable to me and, That's a problem I have so I never get an accurate rating. Mine is always high, (but it isn't).

Date: October 23, 2018 09:53AM

I've never had high blood pressure, surprisingly. There was one time I had low blood pressure as an undergrad in college. Neither myself nor the doctors knew what that was from. It made me very weak for a time until my strength returned.

Date: October 23, 2018 10:53AM

Kativicky,

Here's a list of things from the Mayo clinic you can do to help lower your blood pressure without medication.

F.Y.I. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/high-blood-pressure/in-depth/high-blood-pressure/art-20046974

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2018 11:09AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 12:42PM

"I have to be careful living like I do or I'm going to die" _M@t, [it's true!]
(The Reverend M. N. Holland, artist, writer, designer, inventor, historian)

This living is going to kill me
But what can I do (about it)
I can not stop it
And it won't stop me
I could go on forever
But that would take time
And effort, and $, and shit
So, I give - and take - it
Like it's only today
And go on living this way

Hang in there... so we can hang out there, now you hear?
Have a crazy simple lovely insane wholesome beautiful day.

M@t

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 02:44PM

Had exactly the same stuff in my mid 30s.

With new meds you will be fine.

I am 61 now.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 03:02PM

Hope you're better soon. Try to rest, relax, and breathe.

Posted by: SusieQ#1 ( )
Date: October 23, 2018 03:10PM

Fortunately, there are good medications to control blood pressure. Hope they get it under control soon.

Date: October 24, 2018 03:16PM

Went to the doctor's today. Wasn't suppose to go until Friday but with my little trip to the ER Monday, I had it moved up for this afternoon. We are still working out the kinks with the blood pressure issue but I did find out that I am a little anemic but it will be an easy fix with some vitamins and some more green veggies and a better diet. I go back in a month to see how my blood pressure is doing.

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: October 24, 2018 04:11PM

Be sure to eat red meat, raisins, spinach, whole grain cereal, plums, and purple grape juice. I'd suggest liver, but, yuck, it doesn't taste good.

Posted by: frankie ( )
Date: October 24, 2018 04:08PM

I hope you feel better, mine is totally opposite. like 95/63

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: October 24, 2018 04:15PM

You've reminded me of a funny story: A guy wanted to avoid being drafted during the Vietnam war and it was suggested to him that if he consumed some over-the-counter medications and drank a ton of coffee just before his draft physical, he'd be found unsuitable for the military.

So he followed the advice and showed up at his draft physical full of coffee and the recommended pills. But not a word was said and he was declared 1A! And soon after was drafted, went through Basic Training and in due time, in the 'Nam.

...Where he was soon wounded in action.

At the hospital, recuperating from the surgery that had saved his life, he was asked by his attending physician, "Hey son, how the hell did you get into the Army with blood pressure so low!?"

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: October 26, 2018 12:02AM

Take care, Kati, there is some great help out there. Glad you are getting what sounds like good care. :)

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.