Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: guy3 ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 08:26PM

I just found out today Monson died. I did not know this, and this makes me happy. Not that he's dead, but that I didn't know, nor care to find out.

I used to keep tract of Mormon news, and now I rarely even check in. After 15 months it feels like I am finally moving on. Glorious!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 08:39PM

in b4 ~ congrations OPie ~

you recovery now ~

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: October 29, 2018 09:01PM

Glad you are happy.

Now tell us the truth, when it happens, so we can be too.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 10:02PM

Great! I visit here every so often. I had a family member still in the cult and they got a headline pushed to their iphone.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 10:08PM

Does ChurchCo have an app they 'suggest' members install?

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 10:58PM

And I only recently became aware of the fact that the Nelsonator is the replacement part that got screwed into the Top Prophet slot after Monson ceased to function.

When you realize that they're not real prophets and that none of them even attempt to prophesy, it's hard to get motivated to keep track of their comings and goings. I just recently started to pay some attention again because I think Mormonism is a fascinating subject that includes so many sub-topics that are all relevant to the human condition. Organizational psychology. Mass manipulation. Propaganda. Sophistry. Cognitive dissonance. Confirmation bias. Pyramid schemes. Neuro-linguistic programming. Falsified history vs. accurate history. It's all there.

And now, the way that Nelson's erstwhile pet peeve about the word "Mormon" has now become "revelation" is another fascinating phenomenon. How many of the sheep will fall for it. How many will snap to attention and toe the line because "the prophet has spoken"?

It's also interesting to see that the Church that supposedly started out as the "restoration" of all the things that were lost and "taken away" after the corruption and apostasy of the original church...has now morphed itself into an administration that ONLY takes away things that were supposedly "restored". About 30% of the temple ritual has been deleted. Many of the "inspired" programs introduced in the past have been deleted. The modern Lamanites, as a concept, are being deleted.

It's just one deletion after another. Nothing new or fun or life affirming is being added. The only thing being added are the new temples, a dubious global real estate investment/construction boondoggle project that likely is a cover for money laundering and diversion of Church-owned wealth into "other" hands.

The members are paying more than ever and getting less value-added results back than ever.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 11:17PM

I’ll give Monson some credit. He really loved the church.

I wonder if dying half mummified saves on burial cost. All they need is a cardboard box and a few desiccant packets.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: October 30, 2018 11:34PM

The Church was essentially the equivalent of a cushy civil service career for him. What's not to love? Adulation and unearned admiration and respect showered on him everywhere. His diet coke was probably provided free of charge from the Church canteen. Housing, insurance, travel bennies.

He was also in the thick of things when the GAs were sitting on boards of directors of various big companies.

Sweet gig all around.

Sick days? How many do you want?

Vacation days? Call it a "due-diligence" trip to explore potential temple sites in Tahiti and you're good to go.

And who doesn't want to make auditoriums full of people weep when you tell them one of your five "helping the widow" stories about your completely fictionalized, Dunn-esque childhood?

It's true. You could see on his face that he was really enjoying the gig. Nelson seems to be conflicted. He wants more respect and adulation than he's getting. Monson was content. Nelson doesn't seem to be.

Posted by: Phazer ( )
Date: November 02, 2018 04:42PM

Monson's story arcs seems to start in the 60s but wouldn't leave past the 80s. At times he would mention something more recent say within 10 years.

Boring guy but he did all that shit with a smile when on display. I can't say how he was when the light wasn't shining on him. Probably a nice fellow with stinky old man breath from all the pills he had to swallow.

Posted by: baaaaadam5 ( )
Date: November 02, 2018 07:37PM

I don't care or keep track either nor do I keep track of this board anymore really but I do want to vote mormons out of office asap in a few days and that's why I came back to the forum. We need to vote these old dudes out of office. This is the only way to make a statement I feel.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: November 02, 2018 07:54PM

...wha???.........NO WAY!!! He's still alive, damn it!!! He's living in Fresno under an assumed name!!

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: November 02, 2018 07:57PM

. . . where he now dresses in a tutu.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.