Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: eternal1 ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 12:14PM

Saw this being shared on FB. If only Mormons could see it from this perspective maybe there would be a little less hate in the world.

"How would it feel if everyone treated Mormons the way Elder Oaks suggests treating LGBT people?

We love you but we can't support your lifestyle. We won't be attending any of your Mormon related events (baby blessings, baptisms, mission calls or farewells/homecomings, etc).

I love you, but I can't allow you to force your lifestyle choices on me or my family. Don't bless food if I am there and don't talk about your beliefs. I need to protect my children from exposure to you.

I am doing all I can to make Mormon temple sealings illegal. You have no right to marry the people you love if you are Mormon. This is for the good of society. I love everyone.

Feel free to visit my home, but be aware that I can't tolerate any openly Mormon behavior. You can visit but don't expect to stay for an extended period. I may not feel comfortable introducing you to my friends. Just pretend you are not Mormon while in my home or when you are with me.

When in public it is rude to appear Mormon. Don't wear CTR rings or have any visible garment lines. It is best for everybody if you carry a coffee, beer or bong at all times so non-Mormons are not uncomfortable.

I can tolerate what you do in the privacy of your own church, but do not ever try to talk with me about it.

If you try to invite me to participate in your Mormon lifestyle in any way I might respond violently

Just know We love you anyways. We pray for you. We will always love you even though you make me sad."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 12:24PM

Turn-about in this case is not only fair play but very enlightening. Everything looks very different in broad daylight from a new angle and away from the safety of the dark Mormon domain.

I remember well first reading the quote from Oaks that you have just turned on it's head. His words are so smug, sanctimonious, bigoted and arrogant that even those insulting words aren't strong enough to condemn Oaks.

Anyone with a heart sees him for what he is. Makes me sad for my family who see his words as God's own.

Great post eternal1

Date: November 01, 2018 01:14PM

Thank you! I have a nephew that is gay but mostly in the closet. Also, my niece has a kid that is trans. It makes me sad that they have to deal with family that can't accept them as they are. And this kind of hate speech from Oaks just fuels the fire. It's infuriating.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: November 01, 2018 12:39PM

Great point, eternal1. You have a way with words!

Date: November 01, 2018 01:08PM

Thanks, but, they're not my words, I just shared them, since they seemed worth repeating.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.