Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ih8church ( )
Date: November 16, 2018 11:32PM

maybe a repeat for some but worth a repost..

2015 Manti Pageant.. I am stunned at their stories and depicting their actual ages. How Mormons can ignore their religion and Child abuse history is beyond me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Box_dWrdPW4

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: November 17, 2018 02:19AM

Last year I met some missionaries and I asked them about the Book of Mormon passage that clearly condemns polygamy:

Jacob 2:27 "Wherefore, my brethren, hear me, and hearken to the word of the Lord: For there shall not any man among you have save it be one wife; and concubines he shall have none".

So they respond to me, saying that there is an exception if the Lord wants to raise up seed:

Jacob 2:30 "For if I will, saith the Lord of Hosts, raise up seed unto me, I will command my people; otherwise they shall hearken unto these things."

So I ask them if Joseph Smith practiced polygamy.

They concede that he did.

Then I ask him whether Joseph Smith had many children (i.e. "raised up seed") through his practice of polygamy (i.e. by sleeping around with multiple women).

They freeze like deer staring at the headlights of an oncoming pickup truck.

"There's no indication that he had any children with those women, but...uhmm...you know...."

"But what?"

"Well, we don't know for sure how that worked. But we have testimonies that he was called of God to be a prophet and even though we may not understand fully what happened there, he continued to serve God until the day of his martyrdom so we know that what he did was in accordance with God's plan and...."

So, long story short, Joseph Smith sinned according to the Book of Mormon. But it was okay because he was Joseph Smith and even though God is no respecter of persons that does not apply in the case of Joseph Smith.

Stay tuned for another episode of "How Much Nonsense Is Too Much Nonsense!"

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 17, 2018 10:04AM

Are there any photos of the kinds of instruments that would have been in Dr Bennett’s medical bag?

Which brings up a good missionary question. Does the church support abortion in cases of adultery or secret marriage where a live birth would make the prophet look bad?

So Joe, tell me again about the “Families can be forever” thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2018 11:31AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: Concerned Citizen 2.0 ( )
Date: November 18, 2018 02:24PM

...the smoking gun.

Posted by: Kendal Mint Cake ( )
Date: November 17, 2018 04:37AM

But you're not supposed to think of these women as real people! You're supposed to put them in a box marked 'Do Not Open' on your mental shelf.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: November 17, 2018 10:53AM

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: November 17, 2018 05:57PM

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: November 17, 2018 06:12PM

Maybe this is why the church is pulling its support for the Manti pageant. Having 34 wives of Joseph Smith on display isn’t the publicity they’re looking for.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: November 19, 2018 02:50AM

Bingo!

If the pageant goes away, then the questioning goes too. So thinks Rusty and his clan.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: November 20, 2018 08:19PM

There are really 39 documented wives of Smith.

But 34 is a start.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 12:36AM

Does anybody remember a few years ago when the church closed the Salt Lake City 'church' "hysterical" Museum - FOR A YEAR - saying, at that time, that Mormonism was [re]making Jesus Christ more the "center" [than Joe and all that?] of the place.

I think they said they were putting his "wives" in there too [rather than just Emma Hale], like they weren't so much before (and that was about the time those "essays" ["explanations"] were coming out).

M@t

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 01:34AM

Disappointed none of the others had children who have living descendants...

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: November 21, 2018 06:09PM

....the founding (self proclaimed) prophet of your MORmON religion establishes bedrock doctrine that the ONLY possible acceptable allowance for polygamy was in creating "seed" (a holy breeding program) as necessitated by dire times and as commanded by the Lord

then, goes on to claim that (his version of) the Lord ( MORmON Jesus) has issued a fresh edict that polygamy /holy breeding must be implemented and instituted ......for breeding purposes in dire times, OF COURSE !!!!!! and that as the newly appointed current prophet, he, of course, is the point man in charge of getting the latest holy breeding program going

then, as the point man for the latest holy breeding program, he (the founder of MORmONISM) makes such incredibly poor choices for plural wives / breeding partners that the only way to salvage his severely damaged reputation is to claim the he never had sex or offspring with any of his selected plural wives in the breeding program that he implemented.

Yah! that makes sense!!!! PerFUCKED sense !!!!! to real MORmONS!!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.