Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Gheco ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 02:48PM

To Ensign subscription numbers?

That may be a very good metric to understanding how many LDS believers are actually out there.

My guess is that subscription numbers may be slightly less than LDS inc’s concocted and outrageous membership claims.

And hello, LDS security. Guess you will need yet another padlock to the Ensign executive suite.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: annon1 ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 07:14PM

I wouldn't think that would be a good indicator of how many actual believers are out there. I know a lot of members didn't renew their subscription when the LDS (Satan laughs) church made it free on the LDS (Satan laughs again) app. Just my opinion.

Posted by: Josephina ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 07:26PM

The very thought of those magazines now makes me sick.

Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: December 14, 2018 03:20PM

Same here.

Posted by: cl2notloggedin ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 07:30PM

I didn't realize my daughter had quit receiving them here (and I'd have to forward them).

I don't think that is a very good indicator as my mother sent me the Ensign for years after I left the church.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 11:26PM

You don't even need the app. The issues are online.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 08:05PM

I started receiving the Ensign two months ago. I have no idea who paid for the subscription. I write “refused-return to sender” on it and put it back in the mailbox.

Posted by: East Coast Exmo ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 08:13PM

From reports made here in previous years, you can call up the Ensign subscription office, cancel the subscription and receive a refund for the remainder of its term.

It might not be much money, but it's better for you to have it than the church.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 08:56PM

Thanks

Posted by: Pooped ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 11:50PM

I knew members who used to give subscriptions to their non-member friends as an "every member a missionary" activity. The receiver probably does not want to offend by canceling their subscription.

Posted by: auntsukey ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 08:13PM

I have an idea that most subscriptions are gifts. The giver gets credit for his/her righteousness and doesn't actually have to think about the recipient.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: December 10, 2018 11:31PM

Have they resorted to including inserts with coupons?

Just wondering if there are coupons for Mr. Clean and Ty-D-Bol.

Posted by: caffiend ( )
Date: December 11, 2018 12:08AM

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: December 11, 2018 02:53AM

But I'm sure they keep that as secure and sacredly secret as possible.

Ultimately, the only thing that really counts is the category known as tithe-paying Mormons. Everything else is just "prospective tithepayers' or "defunct tithepayers".

If you had a lot of money and free time, you could arrange for collaborators to go hang out in the parking lot of every temple around the world counting average attendance on a monthly basis. That would be a good barometer of the current health of the Morg.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: December 11, 2018 03:01AM

the LSD Church ever decides to publish honest statistics.

But I know with every fiber of my bean that the official numbers published by the Church are as phony as Rorex watch and as fake as a Praba handbag.

Outside of the Morridor, I almost NEVER run into anyone who identifies as a Mormon. The few church buildings in the area are almost always empty and quiet when I pass by them.

It's not a thriving institution. It was back in the 1970s and 1980s. I think it actually peaked in 1984. It's a ghost of its former self now.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 04:10AM

my MORmON parents sent me the ensign as their Christmass present, then my MORmON male parent died ( which was a much nicer gift from him ) and that practice stopped, I was very anti while that magazine was coming to me, so getting the ensign might not be the perfect indication

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: December 12, 2018 03:36PM

There is some Postal regulation that requires periodicals sent via US Mail have some boilerplate in the publication that states the owner, publisher and the circulation. Look at the fine print in the first few pages, maybe?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.