Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: laperla not logged in ( )
Date: December 16, 2018 05:08PM

My time to get eye surgery is up. Now I have to decide on what type of implant to get.

Correct my myopic vison and not be able to read in bed?

Get one far sighted and one near sighted? Anybody done that?

Just go for what I already have and am used to ?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: December 16, 2018 05:36PM

I was thinking of implants in the future too.
I have cataracts, but the doctor wants to wait until they’re worse ,to do anything.
I can’t take The light from the sun .
Since I’m very near sighted, I have trouble reading up close if I wear glasses or have contacts in both eyes.
I don’t want to wear reading glasses, that’s why I wear contacts, so I won’t have to wear glasses,
The thing that helps me is to wear only one contact .
That way I can see both far and near.
My contacts also last longer and I can see just as well.
That might be the same as what you’re wondering, 2 different scripts in each eye.
It works for me, maybe implants are the same.
You can also probably get only one eye done got the same effect

Posted by: nli ( )
Date: December 16, 2018 05:46PM

FWIW: I had both lenses replaced (a week apart) several years ago. It was a painless, no-hassle procedure and was quickly over.

I got medium-distance lenses, which meant no problem with computer screens, TV, reading music. I was prescribed eyeglasses for driving. I bought several pairs of drug-store reading glasses for reading to leave at various spots around the house.

I am very happy with the result. Since I had worn glasses since I was ten, it doesn't bother me to have to wear glasses once in a while. I had worn contacts for several years, but they were always a hassle, and sometimes uncomfortable.

Having no more cataracts, the world immediately became brighter and more colorful. When only one eye had been done, it was obvious how everything in the still-to-do eye looked dull and orange.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: December 16, 2018 06:28PM

I opted to remain nearsighted and still need glasses to drive. However I have another issue. My brother opted for distance vision and is very happy. Surgery was painless.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: December 16, 2018 06:33PM

Wow, I never thought of that! Sometimes I don’t think. I know that one contact lense works for me vision wise, but I didn’t about cataracts clouding your vision and how the corrected eye would have clear vision compared the unworked on eye
That would make a difference .
I was just thinking vision, not clarity.

Date: December 16, 2018 06:56PM

With medium vision, I could walk around the house and not run into things. I could flee a burning hotel room safely.

I could sit on the hotel bed and not miss as I did recently, resulting in a concussion when the TV fell on my head.

My career as the friend that gets the splinter out of your finger would be over.

Glasses to drive and glasses for the computer is what I have now anyway.

Some people can't handle the one near eye and one far eye. I may be one.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Posted by: SL Cabbie ( )
Date: December 16, 2018 08:24PM

Right now, the lens in the left eye is clear, but I was obviously in real trouble with the other eye.

I only need readers with the left eye, so they matched the implant lens to it, and I'm very happy, although the recovery was far from painless. I'm finishing up the last of the drops I was given this week.

I would plan on a "week to recover," but with cataracts running in my family, experiences have varied. My dad opted to remain nearsighted, as did my mother...

Date: December 16, 2018 08:33PM

Also thinking of remaining nearsighted - just because change is scary...

Posted by: matt ( )
Date: December 16, 2018 09:55PM

Get corrective lens implants.

I did and it was great!

Posted by: pugsly ( )
Date: December 16, 2018 09:56PM

I have one near sighted and one far sighted - I haven’t had any trouble, but I wore my contacts that way for 15 years.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.