Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Ratdog ( )
Date: December 25, 2018 11:48PM

I'm relieved that I have told my wife I will no longer pay tithing and will stop wearing my garments. Will submit my resignation as time permits. This forum has been therapeutic during this process.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Cloudwyn ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 12:34AM

Freedom! Well done!

Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 12:57AM

Fantastic! Congrats!

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 02:44AM

I am really curious what your wife's reaction was. I also would like to hear some of your back story; how did you discover the problems with church truth claims and how did that all evolve. Maybe you have shared your story here and I missed it. Anyway, congrats on your escape and new freedom to live authentically.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 02:49AM

(saying it again)

the current church isn't at all Christian, it doesn't even bother to honor its own claims (Profiles of a Prophet is my best example After how they 'handled' (refusal) do deal with a hateful / deceitful wife)

Cheers, everyone, Merry Christmas / god jul / feliz navidad!

Posted by: earthdaughter ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 09:02AM

Yay! I'm very happy for you, an excellent choice that no remotely sensible person could ever regret! I am also very curious about your wife's reaction...does she agree and support you? What was the final nail in the coffin for you? Do you have other family you'll have to tell?

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 09:37AM

Ratdog, congratulations on your journey. Two of the nastiest forms of control LD$ Inc. uses is requiring special undies and tithing. Breaking from those two main guilt elephants is a huge part of the process. Best of luck to you!

Love your user name. One of my favorite Dead spin-offs.

Posted by: Sillyrabbit ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 10:25AM

After decades of play, RFM has finally beaten the game. What will you do now?

Date: December 26, 2018 10:32AM

I'm a BIC,RM lifelong member. Went on church history trip to Nauvoo 14yrs ago and the pandoras box was opened when I started studying church history in great detail. Angered me with all the stuff the church was hiding.

Date: December 26, 2018 10:34AM

My shelf broke when I discovered people being thrown under the bus for critical analysis of the church instead of helping them through their faith crisis.

Date: December 26, 2018 10:37AM

To great relief, my wife was really cool when I discussed my issues with her. I'm very lucky due to the fact that many of you people went through divorces over this. She is open minded and wants me to go over with her the issues I'm dealing with.

Date: December 26, 2018 10:43AM

I'm looking forward to continue my journey post mormonism. Chale con estos cabrones. Want to thank this forum and mormon stories for going through this period. I'm sure I will get backlash for this.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 10:47AM

Good for you, Ratdog. So glad your wife is good about this. That is the best!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.