Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 09:00PM

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/kirby/2018/12/23/kirby-last-days-mormon/

90 years after the rest of the world 'allowed' women to wear pants to church?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 26, 2018 11:05PM

When pigs fly.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 12:11AM

Immediately after ChurchCo is transparent with all finances; salaries, stipends, contracts & purchasing.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 12:35AM

After church leaders decide it’s a condition for the second coming. Kind of like rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 02:29AM

Women need to allow THEMSELVES to wear pants to church. I wore pants to church a lot. I was friendly and gracious to everyone, and no one ever said anything about the pants.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 03:23AM

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH KATHLEEN!

Why should 'today's woman', no matter what her age or body be, worry about what others think?

O Wait...

Seriously, a woman 'can' wear pants to church without worrying about what people stuck in the 1900's thinks or say!

Posted by: nomonomo ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 01:08PM

kathleen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I wore pants to church a lot. I was
> friendly and gracious to everyone, and no one ever
> said anything about the pants.

At least not to your face! ;) :(

Posted by: op47 ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 08:14AM

when men are allowed to wear skirts I guess

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 01:23PM

I wore them at my husband's funeral service, and no one said a word about them (at least to me).

Also, I live in So. L.A., Calif. where women are allowed to 'get-away' with much more than member's in Utah.

Even so, I haven't seen anyone else wear them--but then, I haven't been to church for about 10 years.

Posted by: cludgie ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 03:46PM

Like in Wizard of Oz, "[they've] always had the power, my dear, [they] just had to learn it for [themselves]." Unfortunately, I posted the same info on a FB thread, and I got attacked. I got attacked both from the angle, "Ha! Just try it sometime!," to "Don't blame women for the problem!" Still, I think that the real problem is people (not just women, of course) not standing their ground, and stupidly allowing the church to dictate personal policies to them. Of course, I'm no longer a Mormon, but I almost neeeeevvver (ever) wore a white shirt at sacrament, even when reminded about it by some bishop or counsellor. I liked dressing up--still do, if given an event to attend (no longer happends), but I didn't/don't like white dress shirts.

Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 06:22PM

It doesn't surprise me that more Mormon women (90%) are opposed to giving women the priesthood than men (84%).
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2013/10/08/big-majority-of-mormons-oppose-women-in-priesthood-including-women/
Only When that changes, will Mormon women 'allow' themselves to wear pants to church and tell the men go go fuck themselves if they don't like it.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 06:39PM

I see women wearing pants almost every Sunday NOW!!!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: December 27, 2018 06:47PM

desertrat:

where? to shopping or sports? to movies,

please tell!

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 12:30AM

I remember a few women wearing slacks ( not jeans though)to sacrament meeting over the ten years I attended faithfully .
It wasn’t a lot.

Posted by: Willruff ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 02:17AM

Many women wear pants to Sunday LDS church meetings in more liberal regions and where the attendees are of a wide variety of cultures.

Posted by: Greyfort ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 07:54AM

I know a woman who has always worn pant suits to church. She's been a member for decades and has served as Young Women's President. No one has ever told her that she can't.

Posted by: bettydee ( )
Date: December 28, 2018 05:10PM

Back a few years ago when I attended (I have since resigned )

There were a 40 something attractive lady who rode a Harley to church every Sunday and she always dressed in a black leather
pants suit. I guess it was motorcycle riding attair.

As far as I know no ever said anything to her. The last time I attended she was still wearing it.

I thought it strange, she did look very out of place. I was surprised but it was apparently acceptable.

Posted by: JoeSmith666 ( )
Date: December 29, 2018 01:01PM

Right now. If anyone says anything ask "would you rather I be here in pants or quit coming?"

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.