Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: December 29, 2018 09:54PM

My Nazi TBM whack job Sister has a son who's a return missionary, BYU Grad, married in the Temple. I thought he'd be a MORmON forever, but at Xmas dinner he announced to the entire family, "I'm no longer MORmON."
He said he wants to move and not tell anybody Mormon where he lives and if they find him he'd ask to have his name removed from the rolls. His wife said, "You need to be nice to those Missionaries. They work hard and they're doing the best job they can!"
He said, "I won't be mean to them! I just don't want them to come around and I'll tell them that."
Shocker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bite Me ( )
Date: December 29, 2018 10:03PM

Awesome!

Posted by: Cathy ( )
Date: December 29, 2018 11:39PM

Fantastic!

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 12:20AM

Terrific news and a wonderful New Year present. I cannot wait until I can report such good news in my family.....and I will scream it to the rooftops (or some such thing).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2018 12:32AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 12:56AM

I have a niece who's serving mission right now. I hope this is her story in a few years.

I have another niece who left BYU to do a bunch of military training. I hope she never goes back.

Posted by: Gordon B. Stinky ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 12:57AM

And I agree with the other: awesome news!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 11:39AM

If my RM nieces or nephews did that it would give my surviving TBM sibling and SIL's a stroke.

Great news though!

Posted by: Cheryl ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 12:03PM

Was this dinner at a TBM's table? If so, how did they respond?

Posted by: Felix ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 12:20PM

There is a young man that knows how to own himself and not be controlled by others. I am proud of your nephew.

Posted by: severedpuppetstrings ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 01:44PM

"My Nazi TBM whack job Sister"
Damn! I'm crying. LOL.

Great news. Wonderful for your nephew.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: December 30, 2018 01:46PM

He made a wise preemptive move in telling the family how he was going to reject the missionaries! Often, it is the ex-Mormons' family sics the missionaries onto them. When my children left the cult, then for college, then moved into homes of their own, the neighborhood Mormons tried for years to get their addresses and phone numbers, and any other information, that was none of their business.*

I would tell the Mormons: "I never give out my children's information without their permission."

I hope your family will show your nephew the same respect.

*My children graduated college, got married, have children of their own, and have houses nearby, and are over here a lot. The nosey Mormon neighbors want to know personal things, like what religion my children are now, whether they plan on having more children (Their birth-control and family planning is not my business, either!), and, especially how much money everyone is making (I would never ask that, either)! One TBM neighbor has always come over into our driveway, and asked my adult kids about their various cars: "Do you own that car, or are you leasing it? Did you get a good deal on it?" This same neighbor always says that my daughter is the most beautiful and amazing girl, and that his son should have married her, and if he himself were younger, he would marry her. My reply is always, "Ugh. Heaven forbid! There never was and never will be anyone for her but her husband--he is a great human being!"

Another Mormon neighbor was our HT, and when my single late-20's son would come over to snow blow the driveway or mow the lawn for me, the neighbor would come over and pester him about getting married again ASAP. A third Mormon neighbor was a retired MP, and when I would take precious time to peacefully garden in my front yard, he would wander over to me, and tell me to read the Book of Mormon. I would reply, "I've already read it 7 times. An eighth reading wouldn't make it true."

My oldest son just wants to deck these Mormon intruders! When someone accosts him in our driveway, he will tell them, "Stop bothering us. We don't belong to your cult."

I think the next generation is doing what we never had the guts to do--stand up against the lies!

Your nephew is lucky to be moving away! Hopefully, he will avoid the constant confrontations and reminders. Mormons of any age can be very aggressive.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.