Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Mormon Nomore ( )
Date: January 01, 2019 03:26PM

Can you help grow a list of dangers in being a Mormon?

1. Carnage after meetings.

https://youtu.be/S_BAbN28OcU

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: momgyver ( )
Date: January 01, 2019 03:29PM

Saving seats was always a pet peeve of mine, but the most I ever did was flash a slightly irritated look at the perpetrators. So glad to be done with the whole silly charade!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 01, 2019 05:37PM

Food poisoning. That was the way some of the early Mormon pioneers did their enemies in, or people they wanted to exact revenge.

Joseph Smith believed Emma tried poisoning him. Brigham Young may have been poisoned by one of his many wives. At least those two one could reason they had it coming. It was the Mormons way of settling scores.

One of my great grandfathers I believe was poisoned by someone at church on a Sunday, after some huge brawl he'd smoothed over the night before at a choir practice. He fell ill on his walk home on Sunday in their Mormon pioneer community. By Friday he was dead.

There was a woman who had been trying to court him to become a polygamous wife of his (he wasn't a polygamist.) When my great grandmother told him she wouldn't allow it, and he sent the other woman packing. Or the lawyer in town who stole his landright no sooner than he was dead and buried, from my great grandmother, leaving her destitute with three little children to bring up. Forcing them to move away from the only home she had known. Either the spurned lover, or the lawyer poisoned him following the Sunday services. Or some other designing, evil person. Great grandpa had survived the Civil War, Indian skirmishes following the Civil War in Wyoming. He could not survive the bleeping Mormon/s who done him in.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2019 09:33AM by Amyjo.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: January 01, 2019 09:38PM

How about believing that serious matters will be resolved through the church and the leaders instead of going directly to the authorities such as law enforcement.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2019 09:39PM by messygoop.

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: January 02, 2019 12:46AM

I had a lawyer once ask me if I needed to consult my bishop before I decided a course of legal action.

Posted by: Eric K ( )
Date: January 02, 2019 05:30AM

A few months ago my wife ran into an active Mormon we knew when we were still in the corporation. We had not seen this Mormon, who is the same age as us - the mid 60's, for nearly 25 years. She is obviously still very devout by the way she spoke. Twenty five years of paying tithing has taken its toll. She commented she needs to sell her house as she needs the money. I feel sorry for her and her family. The corporation just takes and takes and rarely gives and when it gives, it is always a pittance.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: January 02, 2019 07:12AM

Calorie intake of refined sugars. From mormon funeral potatoes to mormon deserts, They traditionally just eat a lot of things that could contribute to type 2 diabetes.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.