Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: mel ( )
Date: January 02, 2019 06:07PM

The Big Change is from 3-hour block to 2-hour block (Sunday School only held every other week, etc.). Now you're supposed to do 'home study' on your own for the third hour.

So logically, if they are offering one-third less services, everyone's tithing should also reduce by one-third.

Right?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: January 02, 2019 06:26PM

They don't offer a service. Everything is paid for by the members. And no, it does not mean you can pay less because you are spending less time in church. LDS Inc. is like any other business: the quality declines but the price does not.

Posted by: laughing in provo ( )
Date: January 03, 2019 01:52PM

how long will it be until church is only one hour? Mormons love meaningless meetings so much it must be killing most of the local leaders to lose one hour this sunday. less time for them to shine and look important. my wife is predicting almost no one will actually study in the 3rd hour. why study when you never know what will still be true in the following week?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: January 03, 2019 02:37PM

Terrific line.....<Why study when you never know what will still be true the following week?>

Just a few quandries as reminders and laughs:

*Members each get their own planet or maybe not.

*Adam is Gawd says BY, but later his words were made burning to the touch by other church elites.

*Polyg is blessed and Mormon men couldn't be happier with their young and naive wives.....oh wait, hurry to Arizona as the Feds are getting closer and closer. Time marched on and Polyg and Mormonism were manifestoed apart to be no more, or sort of because they will be married again in heaven.

*Temple goers had their throats and bellies symbolically slashed in the ceremony by THEMSELVES of all people to instill what the punishment would be if they squealed......and in 1990 suddenly had to do it no more. Whosh, it was gone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/03/2019 02:39PM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: yorkie ( )
Date: January 03, 2019 03:03PM

laughing in provo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how long will it be until church is only one hour?

Probably another 38 years......

Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: January 03, 2019 01:59PM

Having looked at the manual, I can't imagine many families being motivated to hold the requested third hour in their home. It is hard enough to get the family together for FHE.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 03, 2019 02:26PM

mel Wrote:
> The Big Change is from 3-hour block to 2-hour
> block (Sunday School only held every other week,
> etc.). Now you're supposed to do 'home study' on
> your own for the third hour.

My in-laws and kids were here last Sunday. My wife wasn't feeling well so they all didn't go to church and tried this new 3rd hour thing.

I could see the boredom in my wife and children's eyes as they were glazed over.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 03, 2019 04:46PM

I get glazed donuts instead of glazed eyes; am I OK?

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 03, 2019 04:59PM

Yes, as long as you don't make your womenfolk make them whilst you go to an all men's meeting.

Posted by: moremany ( )
Date: January 03, 2019 09:34PM

mel Wrote:
> ... if they are offering one-third less services, everyone's tithing should also reduce by one-third. Right?
>

It's the mormons. They'll give you less while expecting more.
Tithing only goes UP... up to the top!

M@t

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.