Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 05, 2019 11:06AM

It's as much my church as it is yours. I'll discuss whatever I damn well please wherever I damn well please.

Thank you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 06, 2019 11:42AM

You got that right, Skipper!

:)

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 06, 2019 11:44AM

Posted by: Justin ( )
Date: January 07, 2019 12:24PM

I disagree. It is completely his church. As the President of the church he literally owns all of it. Members who tithe just give him more money so he can own more. You don't even have ownership in your local ward. What he says goes. Everything must have the approval of the people in the building where he presides. It is called Priesthood Correlation. Ultimately, he does all of the correlating. Nice work if you can get it.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: January 07, 2019 02:25PM

I'm not sure I agree that he "literally" owns it. If all he wants is control of the empire, I suppose that is largely his, though the Q12 equals the first presidency in theory at least.

If it's control of the membership, he has it only as long as the membership gives it to him. SL skipper should discuss whatever the hell he wants to discuss.

Date: January 07, 2019 02:52PM

The LDS Church is a Corporation Sole. That means one man is in control of all of it -- Russell M. Nelson. He can depose of the assets of the corporation as he wishes from what I understand. A member of the church is basically only a subscriber with no rights at all.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: January 07, 2019 04:05PM

In theory, anyway, a president can be removed.

I don't know of anyone who would dispute the idea that a given church member has no rights to church property.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 04:06PM by scmd1.

Date: January 08, 2019 05:36AM

Rusty can cut off your subscription to the Church anytime he feels like it. Say what you want, but he can take you out.

Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 02:07PM

you need to read the Book of MORmON, especially that very important very first page on copy right where it declares the incorporated status of THE (MORmON) church and who the sole owner head trustee is.

Posted by: anono this week ( )
Date: January 08, 2019 05:47AM

this is like saying "It's my Walmart" and I only shop there, because it's so great! And I can do whatever I want, And they love me so much! That's a crock of s***, obviously it's a business and the board is making a killing off of selling cheap crap from who knows where.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: January 09, 2019 02:03PM

At least at Walmart, if you give them money, you walk out with something in your hands. Something real, that you chose. And you can walk out, without being threatened and bullied.

How would you feel about Walmart if the clerks followed you home, and kept knocking on your door, and harassing you to keep on buying there, and spending a minimum amount of money there, for the rest of your life. What if--your children refused to shop there, so the clerks bullied and abused your children, and dragged them to the store and held them hostage there. If you tried to make them stop pestering your family, what if they threatened you that their Big Walmart Boss would rob you financially, and ruin your career and reputation, and convince all your friends to shun you. What if Walmart threatened your innocent grandchildren with eternal separation from you and their parents, and their siblings and all their loved ones, unless they became lifetime Walmart clerks, and joined the other clerks in harassing you to go back and shop at Walmart....

I'm going insane.

I can tell you, in honesty and reality, slcskipper, that I can NOT say anything I want to say about Mormonism to my own TBM daughter and her husband, in my own home!

The price I would pay, in losing connection with my dear ones, would be too great.

Date: January 09, 2019 02:16PM

just do an "alexander morrison", just change your status to suit the occasion to your benefit.

WHen you are critical of THE (MORmON) Church you are just a regular person, or a voter of what ever state, or a member of whatever political party, and not speaking as a member of THE (MORmON) church. Alexander Morrison did that. He held a press conference at LD$ inc headquarters to take a political stand, even as LD$ Inc does not get involved in politics -just ask them, and at the conclusion of the press conf, Morrison said that he was speaking as regular person, not as a churchin' leader ......while he was standing on LD$ Inc property doing a press conference. ......why is it that it is so hard to take MORmONS seriously ??????

Date: January 09, 2019 02:19PM

Oh and BTW perhaps you need to put THE (MORmON) church on probation, or even ex comm it, for LYING and tons of other misdeeds unbecoming any entity claiming to advocate decency. That is what I did !!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.