Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 07:26PM

Check the Salt Lake news outlets for details.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 07:57PM

That's really really sad. Though there is no mention of what kind of cancer Wendy had. Her sister who died in 1995 had metastatic cancer. But no word of what type Wendy battled.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 08:07PM

I'm sure all posts on this will be respectful, no death is to be welcomed.

Posted by: cinda ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 09:01PM

Amyjo,
I’m sorry to inform you that metastatic cancer is not a type of cancer either but only means that the cancer has spread to other areas. For example, someone may suffer from metastatic breast cancer, metastatic lung cancer,etc. My father died from metastatic colon cancer, meaning it had spread, in his case, it had spread to the liver by the ime they found it. This is sad news,indeed, but we still don’t know what type of cancer her sister died of in 1995, only that whatever type she battled had spread to other parts of her body :( Just wanted to clear that up for you. No criticism intended!

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 09:24PM

Thanks Cinda. On Findagrave, her sister Emily is listed as having had metastatic that spread to her lungs and liver. I figured it started in her breast but it didn't say. Emily was only 37 or so when she died in 1995.

Sometimes the breast cancer link runs in families. So I wondered if the sisters shared the gene in common.

Wendy's obit is already on Findagrave, and she only died this past Friday. It's the same obit the church published to KSL.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 10:02PM

My condolences to that entire family, even her father.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: January 13, 2019 10:32PM

I didn't know her personally but have siblings who did. From all accounts, Wendy Nelson Maxfield was a sweet and lovely person. I'm especially sorry for her husband, children, and grandchildren, and for her father, as I can't even imagine losing a child of my own.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.