Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: January 18, 2019 11:33PM

This should resonate with a lot of RFMers.

http://saltlaketribune.ut.newsmemory.com/?token=6d5e66ce00604743ef4c2a903b24d612_5c42121e_b874d26&selDate=20190118

For all her adult life, singer-songwriter Mindy Gledhill has been deeply rooted in Provo culture— which is to say, the culture of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

She licensed one of her songs to the church for its 2014 documentary, “Meet the Mormons.” She lives a few blocks away from Brigham Young University, “in a neighborhood where I don’t know a single family who doesn’t have an LDS background,” she said.

But at 37, Gledhill is walking away from the faith. It’s a journey that’s infused into the songs on her latest album, “Rabbit Hole,” set to be released Jan. 25. “It’s one of the most painful things I’ve ever experienced,” Gledhill said. “And it’s one of the most beautiful and amazing things I’ve ever experienced at the same time.”

Not all the questions are deep. In recent Instagram posts, she wrote about two things she’s getting used to now: drinking coffee in public and giving up temple garments for “regular underwear.”

“It’s humiliating, because you’re like, ‘I am an adult. I’m in my 30s and I’m just experiencing some of these things for the first time in my life,’” she said with a laugh. “But there comes a point where it’s just funny. It’s hilarious to learn to wear new underwear again, you know?”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: summer ( )
Date: January 19, 2019 01:11AM

"Going down the rabbit hole" -- an oft heard expression in reference to waking up to the truth about the Mormon church. I wish Mindy well.

Posted by: lonely old lady with dementia ( )
Date: January 19, 2019 04:28AM

https://www.sltrib.com/artsliving/2019/01/17/provo-musician-mindy/
I couldn't find the article under 'Brother of Jerry's link...but I did find it under this one ^.
Very informative.

Posted by: catholicrebel ( )
Date: January 19, 2019 05:45PM

The irony... My friend, sang her song “Child of Light” at my baptism. I requested “I Heard the Voice of Jesus Say” but she said she couldn’t find it in the hymnal. Why? It had been ripped off and revised with the lyrics “If You Could Hie to Kolob”. I didn’t discover this until later and was so confused of why the song wasn’t there since I heard an instrumental of it in the background of a “Temple video”. So, she sang that one instead. I too left, Mindy.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.