Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: kativicky ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 09:32AM

Good Morning Everyone!!! It is another cloudy day here in Eastern NC but I am doing much better today than I was last week. I still have a little bit of a cough but that will eventually go away. Today is going to be a bit busier than normally. I still got Sunday School, church and the evening service to go to but I also have a few other things that I got to do this afternoon that I am really excited about.

So what is every one doing today!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 09:39AM

As little as possible. Enjoying the Arizona sun.

Posted by: sbg ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 10:12AM

Laundry and grocery shopping. It is supposed to get crazy cold this week. Debating if I’m going to work from home all week.

Posted by: doyle18 ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 12:57PM

Shopping, and going to a restaurant for my brother's 40th birthday party. Of course, I'll have a cocktail or other alcoholic drink with my dinner. It's actually a nice warm day here, so as much time as possible will be spent outside.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 01:08PM

I cleaned off the snow in my driveway and sidewalks, had a chat with my neighbor about the busybody neighbors next door (her gripe.) Still have some chores to do inside after a nice hot shower and cup of hot mocha.

Watched Hoarders on the telly this morning and spoke to one of my children long distance via Skype. The temps are going down below zero later today (with wind chill.) Whatever I managed to do outside will have to do until tomorrow. The sun is out and melting what's left on the walks and driveway I already cleared. And that is a good feeling!

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 01:13PM

Whew Amyjo if you watch Hoarders you are a strong person!

Any time I watch that I start going through every closet in my house and tossing stuff out!

Today, a wonderful Sunday, I:
-Slept in
-Caught up on shows I had recorded
-Started doing some ironing
-Brushed the cat

Just generally, enjoyed NOT dressing up, NOT going anywhere, NOT having that stupid sacrament dish of bread come by, NOT looking at those men in their stupid suits.

Great day so far!!!

Date: January 27, 2019 01:30PM

Hoarders is therapeutic for me (seriously.) I'm not as compulsive as the people on that show are, but have some of the same tendencies. The show is a form of "self-help" therapy. My last boyfriend is a hoarder. He lives in Minneapolis. I had no idea that he was before/until we met in person. What a shock it was seeing his house that he had promised me beforehand he was cleaning and getting ready for my visit. When I arrived his excuse was he was writing poetry for me LOLOLOL. I should have gotten on a plane then and there and not looked back. Our romance lasted six months.

If I tried cleaning his place, he'd go right behind me and mess it up again. He was more comfortable living in his hoard than he was giving up the mess. He was a sweet loveable guy if not for that. An older widower whose wife died when he was only 30, leaving him with a six month old baby to raise alone. His mother ended up helping him raise his son. That may be what tripped his wire into becoming a hoarder, who really knows? But he had the mental disorder.

I should be thankful that our relationship didn't last. I am now but it was a difficult breakup at the time. Looking back on it I realize that I dodged a bullet with that one.

Date: January 27, 2019 01:54PM

Amyjo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hoarders is therapeutic for me (seriously.)

It scares me to death!!! I agree, it is therapy as I go through my house madly cleaning and tossing so as to NEVER end up like those people!

> My last boyfriend is a hoarder.

Yes, it's hard to break up with people who just have that 'one little problem'but you must.

The more time you waste on duds the less time you have to find someone who isn't one!

Date: January 27, 2019 03:15PM

I didn't consider him a dud. He is a good person with a disorder. If it weren't for his other disorder of hoarding girlfriends like things we might've made a go at it. He was the son of a Lutheran minister who has some endearing qualities. Monogamy isn't one of them.

He'd be totally against polygamy. Funny how he can't see his own behavior mirrors that. I've sworn off online dating because of him. You really don't know someone until you meet them in person, if then.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 03:20PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Aquarius123 ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 06:13PM

mel Wrote:
> Whew Amyjo if you watch Hoarders you are a strong
> person!
>
> Any time I watch that I start going through every
> closet in my house and tossing stuff out!
>
> Today, a wonderful Sunday, I:
> -Slept in
> -Caught up on shows I had recorded
> -Started doing some ironing
> -Brushed the cat
>
> Just generally, enjoyed NOT dressing up, NOT going
> anywhere, NOT having that stupid sacrament dish of
> bread come by, NOT looking at those men in their
> stupid suits.
>
> Great day so far!!!

I do the same thing when I watch Hoarders, Mel! LOLOLOL

Date: January 27, 2019 07:21PM

I go through my closets periodically too. But when one of my closets became weighted down with too many clothes, instead of throwing or giving them away what did I do? I installed a California closet.

Problem solved. (I still go through my clothes. It's easier to sort them now.) My closet that was a double wide before by adding the California closet basically expanded it to about 3-4 times its previous capacity. It's like having a walk-in closet without a walk-in closet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 07:33PM by Amyjo.

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 01:32PM

Sitting on a plane in Atlanta, waiting to take off for JFK. Then on to Zurich.

Date: January 27, 2019 01:55PM

Humberto Wrote:
> Then on to Zurich.

You have just harshed my tv and ironing day.

Well, enjoy Zurich!!!

Date: January 27, 2019 03:17PM

Oh, jealous ! Are you traveling to Zurich for vacation or business ? Or both ?

Enjoy !

Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 05:57PM

Work. I go a couple of times a year. Unfortunately, I never go when it's convenient to add some vacation time to the trip.

Posted by: lisadee ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 02:25PM

Just finished watching an Oliver Stone movie about Edward Snowden the former CIA agent who leaked NSA intelligence data and has asylum in Moscow, Russia.

Personally, I've always thought he had some involvement in the Russian interference with the election. I think Russia made him sing for his supper....my opinion anyway.

Date: January 27, 2019 03:19PM

Russia doesn't do anything unless there's something in it for its own benefit. Snowden will be Russia's patsy for as long as he's granted asylum there.

Posted by: Mormon Nomore ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 05:27PM

Shopping online for Shakespear's Hamlet. Large Print, hard cover, leatherbound. I woke up with "To be, or not to be" on my mind. Wouldn't stop. Had to learn why.

Posted by: laperla not loggedin ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 06:09PM

Can't seem to warm up lately.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 06:17PM

We had lunch at the beach and played in the sand and waves for almost two hours.The kiddos came home tired. We threw them in the shower to scrub the sand off their bodies and out of their hair, and they're out like lightbulbs. No one has preschool tomorrow, so it's OK if their schedules are thrown off a bit.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.