Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 09:33PM

He prayed for 9 years? That's somebody who never lost their faith to start with.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 09:39PM

he used like the part about his words weren't getting past the ceiling. I could say exactly what he said, BUT did he ever answer what to do about his son? Did God ever give him an answer about mormonism and HIS SON????? So his son is still gay and he is damned if he doesn't stay a good little "latter-day saint?"

That's no answer. What would God really say? Your son is a sinner. You must set an example.

WHAT DID HE SAY ABOUT HIS SON?

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 09:50PM

This is exactly right.

God doesn't matter in this equation. What matters is the son and the father. Nothing else.

Such a long process focused on the relationship between the father and God is indicative of abuse. That poor son. . .

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 09:40PM

Well, there’s always the success story. Like the “pray the gay away and marry straight” success story. Check back in 10 years.

Here’s an interesting tidbit (re: gay son): "It was a discovery of the fact that for nine years, the Lord hadn't been punishing me ... He was trying to teach me that even when I didn't see it, His grace was trying to save me."

Tell me that isn’t some good PR.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 09:49PM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: NotLoggedin ( )
Date: January 27, 2019 10:31PM

McLean is a big fish in the little pond of Mormonism. It is in his financial interest to remain TBM. Too bad it took nine years to find peace, Mormon religious zeal forced him (and I'm guessing his son) to go through that.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 12:20AM

Without his lame church, he could have done it in zero years.

I give TSCC credit for promoting the story. Maybe the dragon mamas are having an effect, or the middle management of the church wants to hold onto it’s jobs.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 12:24AM

Or the church is trying to tell the parents of gay children that they can, and should, remain active Mormons.

Posted by: montanadude ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 11:10AM

NotLoggedin, this is so true. McLean soon realized that Mormons are the only audience that buys his sappy, shtick.

Basically he's saying, this is my personal journey but I'm doing a bunch of interviews to promote my upcoming album and to sell tickets to my next XMAS concert....the lost, lost, lost Christmas Carols.

Coming soon to Deseret Book.

Gag.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 09:45AM

Another Mormon who loves that church more than he loves his child. Who instantly sees his newly out son as something that God wants fixed. As someone who's life should be abhorred. A son who is marginalized and made to feel less than as this guy pretends to be Job.

What a shallow selfish ass now trying to capitalize on his phony faith crisis.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 11:47AM

God's solution to a human problem was to kill his son.

Oh, and did Mike forget the carol about being gay?

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local/Deck-the-Halls-Lyrics-Gay-Fun-Hallmark-Holiday-Sweater-Christmas-Ornament-229919761.html

"I went into my study and for 10 days it was like I got downloads of songs (into my head) ... I realized that when I reviewed the 10 or 12 songs ... that my answer about who Jesus was and how He felt about me ... came in songs."

I can only imagine if there was some Queen on that list? A little Rhapsodizing from Jesus?

Posted by: pettigrew ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 12:05PM

Did I read that right?

He thought for nine years after his son came out as gay that God was not answering his prayers as a punishment for him having a gay son?

But then one day, nine years later, when he “heard” 10 to 12 songs in his head that was God telling him that for the last nine years He had been saving him from having a gay son by not answering those prayers?

Staggering.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: January 28, 2019 12:13PM

Oh, it is much more than just that...

He accompanies Mother Teresa, has a giant picture of John Lennon above his piano...

http://www.ldsliving.com/Michael-McLean-Opens-Up-About-His-9-Year-Faith-Crisis-and-How-He-Found-His-Testimony-Again/s/83606

And the hits keep coming...

" “My father said, ‘Isn’t it interesting that the Greatest Intelligence in the Universe abandoned His Son at the most pivotal moment in His plan?..."

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.