Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: January 31, 2019 11:44PM

because it's too sacred. The implication is that the appropriate place to talk about the temple...is in the temple.

But think about it. You also can't really talk about the temple in the temple.

When would you have the opportunity? Where would you have the opportunity? Answer: Nowhere and at no time.

Everyone doing anything in the temple is on a short leash, so to speak. There is no room that you can go into and sit down and have an in-depth discussion about what you just experienced or ask any questions about it.

The "endowment" ceremony is just a series of predetermined motions, gestures, chants and recitations. Then you go into the "Celestial Room". This is supposedly the place where you theoretically could have a discussion. BUT NOT REALLY. If anyone even dares to speak above a whisper, they are instantly scolded and shussshed! "Hush! Be reverent! This is the Lord's house!"

In fact, simply lingering and looking up at the ceiling or praying is discouraged. "Okay, we need to make room for the next session. Thank you."

So, you see, it's the perfect scheme for keeping people from giving any scrutiny to the scam. You're simply never allowed to talk about any details regarding the Emperor's new clothes. You're only allowed to say that the new clothes are marvelous, fantastic, amazing, exquisite. No details allowed.

You can't talk about the details of the temple outside the temple because it's just too sacred and Jesus will be sad and unhappy or may even want to bring back some of those penalties.

You can't talk about the details of the temple inside the temple because...well...just because and, you know, you need to clear the room for the next session or for the janitors or for...whatever...and...besides...you should never speak above a whisper.

What a scam!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: January 31, 2019 11:58PM

the Last Word of your post pretty well covers ChurchCo from top to bottom, in many ways.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: January 31, 2019 11:59PM

The first rule of fight club is... you do not talk about fight club.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 01:01PM

el - oh - el ~

lololol ~

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 03:52PM

We all have the same lye burn scar.

Posted by: scmd1 ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 12:42AM

You can talk about the temple to your heart's content in the forty seconds you have in the celestial room right before they kick you out.

Posted by: Priestcrafts ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 08:10AM

D.C. Temple May, 1980

Asked an older man at Temple. “Why does Satan say his apron is a symbol of his priesthoods? Does Satan have the Priesthood?”

“No.” The man said. “Satan has PriestCRAFT.”

Been studying the difference for 38 years, and all any church has is Priestcraft. Confession is a chance for them to get evidence you are weak, pressure you for money, last rites is even more of a trick to get one last donation, and they have infested everything sacred, like marriage and childbirth with their claim that they have to “bless” them.

They never give you anything, perhaps a “warm fuzzy” but if you look hard, you’ll see, every one of them is scamming.

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 10:31AM

Keep you on a short leash is absolutely correct!!! When my oldest daughter got married, her father and I were in the temple with her. We both still had TR. This was mere months after DH had come out to me as a gay man and we had agreed to keep things together until this daughter was married. Without the gory details, a family disagreement (i.e. argument) broke out in the hallway by the sealing room that was filled with family. Our bishop even got involved. Well, soon the sealer came out and told us rudely to get back in the sealing room and get on with it or leave, because we were holding up progress. It was horrible.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 10:33AM

I got the circle reasoning at the Oakland temple. I was told that the temple prez was not available and to ask my stake president. So I tried to ask my SP. The moment I said "I have a question or two about the endowment session..." He raised his hand and looked away from my face.

"No. We can not discuss that here. Please return and ask the temple presidency. The temple is too sacred to be discussed here."

And that was my answer to why Satan is so prevalent in the endowment session in the "House of the Lord."

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 10:33AM

One of the things I always wondered about the temple was why the men are required to wear those odd little hats. Never was able to ask anyone in the temple.

All these years later and I still don't have a clue.

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 11:06AM

I sat there on the padded bench, shell-shocked, stunned, having made it through the veil with my navel and sinews in tact, but still 100% believing, in the white on white on white in the Celestial Room trying to convince myself that there was something grander, holier than what I had beheld, and I was feeling that I had missed it. It was my fault, I thought. I wasn’t good enough, so the secrets of the heavens were withheld from me. Everybody else seemed to have gotten the point, judging by the dreamy looks on their faces.

My parents were coaxing me to say what a beautifully holy experience it had been, and then, as the cherry on top of the whipped cream, some old lady was suddenly tapping me on the shoulder telling me to “just take a moment and then move along, please.” The bum’s rush! apparently another foamy contingent was about to wash ashore from the Lone and Dreary World Room, and we needed to make room for them.

And then we all went to lunch down the street at Harmon's Kentucky Fried chicken cafe on North Temple never to speak of the incident again, because, as Wally points out, they know how to control the situation.

Posted by: thedesertrat1 ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 12:41PM

I can talk about anything that I want anywhere that I want any time that I want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Lethbridge Reprobate ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 01:26PM

And my dear parents never did....other that to tell me the wire wheel hubcaps were stolen from their then new 1967 Oldmobile while it was parked in front of the Cardston, AB temple while they were inside doin' the Lards work. Guessing the Lard's influence for good stopped at the sidewalk!

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 03:10PM

Wow I am so glad I was never scammed into the Temple, and those garments, and being told to move along (really? These people paid a lot of money to get in, and now can't linger?)

I have an idea though of what they might do next. A lot of conferences I go to, the conference will include a dinner at a cool venue like a museum (closed to the public but opened that night because the venue booked it for the conference dinner).

TSCC could increase its revenue stream by renting out the Temples at night for groups of businesspeople. Can charge a lot for that! And those people could linger as long as the contract for the venue allowed!

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 03:18PM

Apparently they should automate to a series of recorded messages, timed for announcement to the attendees:

"Please do (this) now"

"Please kindly accommodate other temple patrons by (doing this)"

they could activate them by sensors placed in the various rooms, motion sensors, timers, etc.

I know, this would deprive the current 'temple workers' of the pleasures of ushering people thru, but hey! They can find other duties, not take the wrap of being busy-bodies...

I want 'credit' for this idea, hardy-har!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2019 03:21PM by GNPE.

Posted by: heartbroken ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 06:59PM

You're not supposed to talk about the temple - not because it is sacred, but because it is weird. It's also a huge letdown. They don't want you to talk about it because everyone will know to stay away.

For people who never experienced the temple, this is kind of how I felt after going through for the first time.

Imagine if your entire life you'd heard about an extra special amusement park called Kolob World that only people who were extra worthy and obedient could experience. The catch was that anyone who experienced Kolob World was forbidden from talking about it. It was supposed to be the most amazing amusement park with such spectacular rides that it was just too special be spoken of. Everyone made it their life's goal to experience Kolob World so they could experience its wonders.

Finally the big day arrives when after years of sacrifice and obedience, you make it to Kolob World. What joy! Only it's not quite what you expected... Imagine your disappointment whey you find that it is nothing but a boring cement playground with only swing sets and seesaws. No amazing rides. No Mickey mouse-like characters. To top it all off you have to wear a white robe with weird hat and a green apron while on the playground. You look around and wonder if everyone else thinks it's weird and disappointing, but you're not allowed to talk. Everyone looks ahead or keeps their head down, trying not to make eye contact, so you can't even tell by peoples' facial expressions what they are thinking.

When it's all over you can't tell your family/friends/strangers that Kolob World sucks because you're not allowed to talk about it, and since you feel like a big sucker for all you sacrificed to experience the big farce, you're too embarrassed to talk about it anyway! So you hold your head high with a holier-than-thou superior demeanor for being worthy of Kolob World. Better to keep up the farce than to show the world that you are a fool.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 01, 2019 08:07PM

That was awesomely funny. Still wiping off my monitor.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 02, 2019 04:03PM

Yep, it is a slick trick not-so-merry-merry-go-round that there is nowhere you are allowed to ask questions about the temple - even the bishop tells you to ask the temple president. Just how easy would that be? And, all bets are on that if you did happen to find out how to get in touch with this guy he would tell you to talk to the bishop.

The MormonCult has this trick down pat in lots of areas of trying to find answers to questions making it impossible to ever discuss things with the pres of the MormonCult, etc. etc. etc. A member just might get the idea that he is an unimportant useless peon whose only way to make the cult happy with him is to bow and obey.

Could it be that was the cult's goal all along?

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.