Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: February 11, 2019 10:27PM

My son told me yesterday that he was approached by classmates two years ago and asked if he was a member. He has never been to church, except for his baby blessing, and told them no. He said that they were surprised, and left it at that. Technically he is still on the TSCC records, but I am not. They know his age and our current address, are they telling pre-teen members to contact other classmates?
Very odd.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Humberto ( )
Date: February 11, 2019 10:58PM

When I was that age, the young men knew who all the inactive members were and where they lived, because we had to go knock doors every first Sunday of the month, with little blue envelopes in hand.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: February 11, 2019 11:39PM

I had to go on missionary splits when I was a teen, but never asked to hassle my classmates.

Posted by: looking in ( )
Date: February 12, 2019 12:08AM

When I was in Grade 10 (about a million years ago) I befriended an LDS girl who had moved from another city. One day early in the school year she casually asked me why I didn’t go to church. I had never said anything to her about my former involvement in her church, in fact I barely remembered it myself. I asked her what she meant, and she replied that I was on the roll of her Sunday school class, so she wondered why I wasn’t there. I was stunned to hear that because it had been years since my family’s involvement had ended, but obviously they had just carried on over the years, putting me into classes that I never attended.

Posted by: notmonotloggedin ( )
Date: February 12, 2019 12:27AM

What an immense invasion of privacy that is.

I believe some of the posters here are missing the point. This child has not been in a Mormon church since he was a BABY!!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.