Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 08:53AM

When they have their weekly meetings, what do you suppose goes on inside their heads these days?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 09:03AM

How long until:
- Lunch
- Tee-off
- Nap time

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 03:49PM

^^^Ditto this^^^^

((((Really!!))))

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 09:29AM

I think they are very concerned about members leaving the church, and young missionaries leaving their missions. I think all of the recent major decisions have been attempts to address those concerns -- greater equality for women in the endowment ceremony, the lowered mission age, the weekly phone calls home for missionaries, the change to 2-hour church, and the introduction of "home church" and home ministers. I think the latter items are an attempt to glue young people to the church through the power of their parents. The big dogs are trying their best to keep people in.

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 10:32AM

summer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The big dogs are trying their best to keep people
> in.

Which boils down to, "How do we stop them from being influenced by the WWW?"

Posted by: johnhope ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 03:39AM

summer Wrote:
>
> in.

Well if the TSCC cares for the well being of all its members,creates decent human beings and is a source of true happiness (not the fake variety)

That should not be a problem at all,the WWW etc etc is only a tool.Having said that this applies to all religions.

Very often in the recovery board and I myself had come across bishops that are not decent human beings,let alone Christ-like
That would be another story.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2019 04:05AM by johnhope.

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 04:07PM

summer Wrote:
> change to 2-hour church, and the introduction of
> "home church" and home ministers. I think the
> latter items are an attempt to glue young people
> to the church through the power of their parents.
> in.

Ironically these changes just further illustrated to me that there was no place nor community for singles. With the short 10 minutes or less break between hour one and two they did away with any chance for socializing also.

Date: February 16, 2019 07:46PM

Mel, I really wish that this website gathered and archived all the posts of "Deenie the Dreaded Single Adult." You would have really empathized with her chronic mistreatment at the hands of her ward. Here is a sample --

https://www.exmormon.org/phorum/read.php?2,1140855,1140855

Posted by: mel ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 08:24PM

summer,
> the posts of "Deenie the Dreaded Single Adult

Summer thank you so much for all the links to her posts. I read them all! What a smart and talented lady able to find humor in so much awfulness. So sorry she lost her battle but so glad she did not waste her precious few years in tscc.

Reading her makes me very happy I did not waste more time inside.

It is amazing as she said that married think singles have so much time and money when in actuality they are having to do everything alone without the help and support that marrieds take for granted daily.

Date: February 17, 2019 02:14AM

I'm glad you enjoyed them, Mel. One of her stories was referenced in the post but not fully told (I wish we had the original.) She was at a ward supper and the singles (after making their own contributions to the buffet) were jointly told to go to the end of the line after the married people. After they got their food (which was basically the leftovers/scrapings) there was no place for them to sit a the tables, so they sat together on the stage steps.

I'm glad the Mormon church was not able to crush Deenie's beautiful spirit -- it was not for lack of trying!

Posted by: gemini ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 04:08PM

The news report I saw about the missionaries phone call change was with Dieter. I thought he had been put out to pasture, but I guess he still gets to speak sometimes. I wonder if it was his idea to change this policy?

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 16, 2019 11:55AM

I think that some of the older ones are yearning for the good old days (30 years ago) when the church didn't have to worry about about progressive groups within the church. I think they hate that they have to watch what they say and do.

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 17, 2019 02:58AM

I think they are tiring of having to spend time they don't want to spend trying to put together their lying, false Mormon puzzle which is falling to pieces in front of them. You can bet your money they would rather spend their money gained from dutiful tithing paying gophers and more of their time on an agenda which includes traveling, golfing, a massage or two, dining out, Mormon-style-Bingo, etc. etc.

Perhaps their go-to-fall-guy Marlin K. Jensen is even complaining, or hold on, refusing to be the fall guy who I've heard has been assigned to listen to nearly 200 members go on and on about their faith awakenings. He does seem to cut his listening time shorter than he should because it has also been rumored by many that the answer he gives is very brief....his "standard reply" being he does not have the answers and the deal is we'll all have to wait until such information arrives.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.