Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: blueskyutah2 ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 06:51PM

How many people on this board would be more willing to accept the church if it went back to it's folk magic roots and cancelled all the stuff about fitting in with the Christians?

I mean, it is obvious that most of the membership would not like it, but isn't it more honest to make the church what it is rather than change it so more people will join?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Organized Chaos ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 07:55PM

Not me. Finding out about the dishonesty of the church and it's fraudulent beginnings are what caused me to cancel my callings, meetings, tithing; confront my leaders with the info and walk away.
A leopard is still a leopard no matter what color you paint its' spots.

Posted by: Guy3 ( )
Date: February 19, 2019 07:59PM

Being bitten by a snake and not getting poisoned, turning water into wine to show "obedience," water into blood, a donkey speaking. Those sure sound like magic tricks to me. That is why so many Christians in the 1800s engaged in folk Magic, it wasn't just JS. It was seen as a form of worship. So it seems to fit in just fine with Christianity.

Posted by: ificouldhietokolob ( )
Date: February 25, 2019 05:41PM

"Jesus" is just older folk magic.
Pass.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: February 25, 2019 07:58PM

The Priesthood is folk magic, and I like it. It’s all of the provably false BS that goes along with it that is the problem.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: February 25, 2019 08:50PM

I am not going back. The church lies so often that it only admits the truth when it gets caught with its trousers down.

Posted by: elderpopejoy ( )
Date: February 25, 2019 10:53PM

blueskyutah2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many people on this board would be more
> willing to accept the church if it went back to
> it's folk magic roots and cancelled all the stuff
> about fitting in with the Christians?

Many would likely accept and rejoin the Church if it returned old-timey beliefs like the stuff below.

The Cult should return and embrace its original truth!

The Rodsmen had a handle on it all.

http://www.newenglandhistoricalsociety.com/destroying-angel-gold-diggers-book-mormon/

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: February 26, 2019 10:01AM

There are so many exciting and fulfilling organizations in life to join. First thing is find one that aligns with your own interests and goals and not one that expects you to fulfill their interests as they slowly suck the life out of you.

The Mormon church has too far to go to meet that criteria. Many a sow will have silk purses for ears before the Mormons have any appeal to a well balanced, kind, unconditionally loving person.

Maybe free pizza at the meetings and full frontal nudity? It's a start. Free airline miles?

Posted by: presleynfactsrock ( )
Date: February 27, 2019 05:25AM

I have no interest, none, nada in paying my money, wasting my precious time, and receiving never-ending whiplash after whiplash for this, that and/or the other from a bunch of lying fossilized geriatrics who get off by pushing the MormonCult scam, whether it's the old or new scam version.

The only way I want to have anything to do with this unethical money stealing bunch is to help bring the corporation down by exposing the evil it does. I'll name a few of its dastardly deeds to set the scene:

**Sexual abuse cover-ups, ex.Joseph Bishop MTC President
**Official gay marriage policy change in Nov. 2015
**Spending billions on Prop.8, SLC mall, and SLC high-rise condos
**Millions spent in buying Hoffman's forged manuscripts in order to hide them deep in the church vault
**Using ex-communication as punishment, ex. John Dehlin, Kate Kelly, Denver Snuffer, Bill Reeves
**Holding multiple "rescues" (ex. Sweden) where promised answers to members' church history questions were not treated with respect nor given forthright answers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2019 05:27AM by presleynfactsrock.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: February 27, 2019 06:08AM

"How many people on this board would be more willing to accept the church if it went back to it's folk magic roots and cancelled all the stuff about fitting in with the Christians?"

Nope. I'm done with them.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: February 27, 2019 09:49AM

It will always be a part of my past, my history, and my ancestry. I cannot erase that. As for it reverting back to folk magic, well that just makes it more cockamamie than it already is. And it's bat sh*t crazy enough to begin with. So no.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.