Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: OneWayJay ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 01:12PM

Two "volunteers" being held in jail in Russia.

Why aren't Nelson and all the Twelve on the way to use the Power of TheLard to get them free?

All that Holiness and Priesthood Power and Russian Leadership would know through the Holy Ghost and spiritual impressions to "let my volunteers go".

Come on Nelson, show us your leadership!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Pompous Windbag ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 01:22PM

No prison can hold the prophet nor those who are on his business!

It would be a foolish driver who dared not stop when the prophet steps off the curb!!!

Surely even the Russians know that the prophet is no ordinary man!

Here in Mexico we constantly worry about earthquakes, but I would rather endure a daily earthquake than expose myself to God's ire by impeding His work, except for making up bullcaca about Mormons on the internet. Certainly it's clear that God has nothing really to do with the internet, right?

Posted by: angela ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 02:55PM

I thought those kids were already released?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 03:00PM

they might have been transferred to (Russian version of) 'spirit prison'...

Posted by: Heartless ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 03:55PM

At least one is being deported. The "paper work" will take week.

Coincidentally it would take about a week for the bruising and swelling to go down.

These kids were in a Russian prison. No rights, no diplomatic protection. When the Russians offered to free them if they gave up their visas the church said no and left the kids to rot.

Every time I think the church can't go any lower, they suprise me.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 07:25PM

You make human trafficking sound like a bad thing.

Posted by: logged out again ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 03:10PM

From Alma 14:

26 And Alma cried, saying: How long shall we suffer these great afflictions, O Lord? O Lord, give us strength according to our faith which is in Christ, even unto deliverance. And they broke the cords with which they were bound; and when the people saw this, they began to flee, for the fear of destruction had come upon them.

27 And it came to pass that so great was their fear that they fell to the earth, and did not obtain the outer door of the prison; and the earth shook mightily, and the walls of the prison were rent in twain, so that they fell to the earth; and the chief judge, and the lawyers, and priests, and teachers, who smote upon Alma and Amulek, were slain by the fall thereof.

28 And Alma and Amulek came forth out of the prison, and they were not hurt; for the Lord had granted unto them power, according to their faith which was in Christ. And they straightway came forth out of the prison; and they were loosed from their bands; and the prison had fallen to the earth, and every soul within the walls thereof, save it were Alma and Amulek, was slain; and they straightway came forth into the city.

See, if these missionaries only had enough FAITH IN CHRIST, they too could bring to pass even the same miracles wrought by Alma and Amulek! So it's really the missonaries' own fault that they remained in prison, for they too can draw upon the powers of heav'n! </sarc>

Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 03:47PM

I hope they enjoy their nice, free, trip.

(Those of us who have taken a trip there, know how expensive such a trip would be.)

Posted by: numbersRus ( )
Date: March 12, 2019 05:07PM

Money talks...

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.