Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: johnboy23 ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 09:00AM

was it necessary for folk magic to restore the so called gospel. Is their biblical references that such pagen symbolism and the talisman wore around joe smiths neck to attract many woman,was suppose to be a blessing from god and the seer stone to translate the book of mormon,and the promise the mormons get a urim and thummin stone in the so called celestial heaven. Is power obtained from all this for good or evil as many magicians claim it to be so do their impossible tricks but in the name of the devil. Any enlightment to this power is needed for christianity or any relegion as we know the jews wear a magic box on their foreheads and solamans temple was suppose to been built by magic demons...thanks for the comments....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:19AM

?

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:29AM

johnboy23 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> was it necessary for folk magic to restore the so
> called gospel. Is their biblical references that
> such pagen symbolism and the talisman wore around
> joe smiths neck to attract many woman,was suppose
> to be a blessing from god and the seer stone to
> translate the book of mormon,and the promise the
> mormons get a urim and thummin stone in the so
> called celestial heaven. Is power obtained from
> all this for good or evil as many magicians claim
> it to be so do their impossible tricks but in the
> name of the devil. Any enlightment to this power
> is needed for christianity or any relegion as we
> know the jews wear a magic box on their foreheads
> and solamans temple was suppose to been built by
> magic demons...thanks for the comments....

There never was always a time when I Urim and you Thummin, but then throughout all the future, because of His mercy, God has been conscious, or couscous, of those impossible deviled egg tricks built by magic demons, and their foreskins, which no woman has ever taken to solaman's temple.

Amen!

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 11:15AM

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:34AM

You can buy a Jupiter Talisman online. Try it out and let us know if you attracted lots of women.

“The purpose of such a talisman was to help the owner have influence over others, become rich and powerful, and find peace.”

It worked for Joe, especially finding peace. He just didn’t think it would involve flying lead.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2019 10:39AM by babyloncansuckit.

Date: March 18, 2019 10:44AM

wow I didnt know you can buy a talisman necklace online. So it only worked for joe smith to attract woman and gain riches and power.thanks for the comment. Maybe I should buy one and report back if it works he he.

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 10:50AM

You can even buy a replica seerstone.
You can buy anything in this world for money.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 01:50PM

johnboy23 Wrote:
> wow I didnt know you can buy a talisman necklace
> online. So it only worked for joe smith to attract
> woman and gain riches and power.thanks for the
> comment. Maybe I should buy one and report back if
> it works he he.

Now today you can be a New Age guru. I'm sure those people get more ass than a toilet seat. Women do get horny for men who they perceive to be extra spiritual. I remember I was dating a real TBM girl and one of her room mates was sick and I was asked to give a blessing. I got one of my roommates to do the anointing and I did the blessing and then I went out with my girlfriend and she was hot for me. She was a good girl and we didn't go all the way but man was she horny.

So if you are Joseph Smith and all these women think you are a real prophet and you have lots of charisma and they think you are good looking, you can get laid a lot. Hell of a temptation.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 18, 2019 01:03PM

The priesthood is literally folk magic: white, not black. So, it’s not like Joe was all bad.

He may have been mixed up in psychedelics. http://www.mormonthink.com/backup/Mormon%20Visions%20and%20Joseph%20Smith%20Holy%20Ghost.htm

Specifically peyote, which was a rarity in 1840 (among whites) but he had a peyote bud medallion. He liked it that much. Mescaline trips are great for sex. It seems natural that Joe would conflate his mystical euphoria and seeming connection with the divine with souped up sexuality, ultimately leading him off the rails with polygamy and secret temple marriages. In his mind, he really thought it was the will of God.

It’s possible that his visions weren’t just made up. Maybe he really liked getting high and thought it gave him special prophetic insight.

Date: March 18, 2019 01:42PM

babyloncansuckit Wrote:
> The priesthood is literally folk magic: white, not
> black. So, it’s not like Joe was all bad.
>
> He may have been mixed up in psychedelics.
> http://www.mormonthink.com/backup/Mormon%20Visions
> %20and%20Joseph%20Smith%20Holy%20Ghost.htm
>
> Specifically peyote, which was a rarity in 1840
> (among whites) but he had a peyote bud medallion.
> He liked it that much. Mescaline trips are great
> for sex. It seems natural that Joe would conflate
> his mystical euphoria and seeming connection with
> the divine with souped up sexuality, ultimately
> leading him off the rails with polygamy and secret
> temple marriages. In his mind, he really thought
> it was the will of God.
>
> It’s possible that his visions weren’t just
> made up. Maybe he really liked getting high and
> thought it gave him special prophetic insight.

Spot on. All that temple stuff is white magic.

Date: March 18, 2019 02:36PM

great reading thankyou for the link. Magic mushrooms? hallucinations of joe smith that gave him marvolous visions and manitfestations. I should try that sometime. Also the comment that giving priesthood blessings makes woman horny, I guess I agree to that as many times my former wife begged sex the night I gave her girl friend a blessing of comfort after falling out with her husband. She ended up horny for my wife, cuddling and hand rubbing leg, caught them in the act....wow the horny church must be true thanks to white magic witch craft built apon a sexual spiritual cult..

Posted by: Soft Machine ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 11:23AM

"[Smith] had a peyote bud medallion"

SOrry to bother you, but I've never seen this stated before. Do you have a reference (or does anyone else have one)?

Thanks

Tom in Paris

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 19, 2019 11:36AM

I'd like to see a reference on that as well.

I'd add that that article is not persuasive. It explains that hallucinogenics were available to the early saints but provides no evidence that they were actually employed. "They might have" is not solid history.

A peyote medallion, however, would lend a modicum of credence to the theory.

Date: March 18, 2019 01:40PM

Folk magic was so big in early America Benjamin Franklin was annoyed by people trying to use magic in an attempt to make an easy living for themselves instead of working.

Joseph Smith's family were big into it. That's where all the seer stones and money digging comes from. Lucy Mack Smith admitted they were into it but didn't let their magical pursuits get in the way of their productivity.

Apparently Joseph Smith was a good douser. This is when you use rods or sticks to find ground water. Dousers would be hired to find the place to dig a well.

People thought there was buried treasure in mounds because some indian mounds and remains had been found. Joseph Smith was trying to use magic to find burial mound treasure.

So that's where the whole golden plates, hill Camorah and Moroni bit comes from. So you really can say folk magic is what the church grew out of.

Date: March 18, 2019 02:11PM

thankyou for the comments sofar I learnt alot tjat I didnt know.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.