Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: edy ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 01:40PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 02:24PM

most members write checks. all your banking info is already on that instrument they give to the church. the same info allows direct deposit

but processing physical checks is costly so moves to eliminate them are afoot.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 05:26PM

This might be a little off the topic, but does LDS, Inc offer automatic bank withdrawals for tithes? I'll be surprised if it doesn't! I also wonder if employees for the church offices and other church-owned businesses can have the 10% tithing taken off the top of their paychecks, before they are handed out.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 02:19AM

exminion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This might be a little off the topic, but does
> LDS, Inc offer automatic bank withdrawals for
> tithes? I'll be surprised if it doesn't! I also
> wonder if employees for the church offices and
> other church-owned businesses can have the 10%
> tithing taken off the top of their paychecks,
> before they are handed out.

An automatic withdrawal option is available, and the most common method, in Denmark. The church can be set up to automatically withdraw money from your account, just like any other creditor. This is how we did it up until we stopped paying a few years ago.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 03:07AM

Wow. Interesting.

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 05:40AM

All religious organizations can be set up to accept donations in that manner. I believe this is due to the fact that the Church of Denmark is supported by taxes, unless an individual specifically opts out of their contribution. Other religious organizations are given a similar easy way to accept contributions from those who chose to contribute.

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 05:33PM

Right now, some church members are thinking, people get reimbursed for their expenses?

Posted by: 4evergone ( )
Date: March 22, 2019 11:22PM

when i was still brainwashed, i mean brain dead, my vt companion kept track of all the mileage that we traveled along with all the miles she used to make trips related to the cult. my guess is she also took off the miles to travel to sunday meetings and temple trips, she really needed to get all the miles she could so it would reduce her income tax. what an idiot. it probably reduced it very little , like cents on the dollar. what a cheap a_s b

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 03:08AM

I was concerned when I learned that they were putting bar codes on temple recommends. That struck me as a serious violation of privacy and perhaps eventually a means to track people's behavior.

The church has no sense of boundaries.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.