Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: pollythinks ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 04:04PM

Are flying saucers for real?

Some of us may remember the couple who were driving along on a forest road when a f.s. appeared before them, which stopped their progress. It didn't land on the road, but hoovered off the ground, maybe a yard, or so.

They took the man into their saucer, and examined his private parts.

No real harm done to them, and their memory of this event was very sketchy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 04:07PM

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 06:07PM

LOL. One of my favorites!

Date: March 23, 2019 06:38PM

Me too.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 01:17PM

Not bad for a Monday afternoon.

Posted by: Amyjo ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 06:29PM

Not sure about flying saucers, but the Amytiville Horror was a madeup hoax. The family who bought the house they claimed to be haunted was having financial problems so they came up with the story of the haunting, and well, the rest is history of the supernatural fictional genre.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 06:37PM

Saucers fly, if you fling them like a frisbee, but they often break.

Posted by: slskipper ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 07:17PM

It's entirely possible that there is life on other planets. It is entirely possible that they have an interest in visiting earth. However: IMO, the surest bet for encountering them is not some backwoods dirt road in Kentucky. And it wouldn't be Washington, D.C.- and certainly not Langley or China Lake. If I were an extraterrestrial, the first place I would head for is Tahiti. Maybe Fiji or Aruba. But some deserted stretch of decrepit roadway in the middle of nowhere? Come on! Get real!

IMO.

Posted by: Biffo ( )
Date: March 27, 2019 10:19PM

Actually there is some sense in the idea that people would be abducted in remote areas. If ETs wanted to get hold of people secretly with the least disruption, they'd do it there not in a city where it would be far more noticed.

It's an interesting parallel to how we catch and release animals for conservation.

Posted by: ziller ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 07:45PM

ziller can confirm this thred ~

ziller am private parts ~

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 08:10PM

Yes flying saucers are real. I saw one a few years back about 2006 while hiking up Mt. Ogden. I was near the top of the mountain on a day in August. It was the 9000 ft elevation when all of the sudden a round ship painted silver and shiny streaked across the sky. It was running about 500 miles an hour estimated. And was headed to Farmington. It made no sound and gave no pollution. And there was no wind. No balloon travels like that.

I got really scared and got off the mountain quick. They are for real I'm telling you!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 12:53AM

The skies are full of these things. You only see them when they don’t have enough power for their cloaking devices. They have technical glitches like the rest of us.

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 08:13PM

As for them being interested in our private parts... Yes that's true too. I know of someone who was almost abducted by something in the sky when he was taking a leak at night outside. It was scary, funny now, but scary then.

Be careful at night (especially with your winky)...

Date: March 24, 2019 12:50AM

I’m pretty sure Oaks was abducted and probed. That’s why he’s so weird about gays.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 12:49PM

...one of...THEM.

I mean, isn't it obvious?

I remember one night in Provo. It was quite late and nobody was out and about. From a distance, I saw a strange figure in the parking lot pulling something off his face.

Just then I inadvertently stepped on a root beer can. The thing...entity...I'm not sure what it was...heard the noise and was startled. It dropped the thing it had just pulled off its face. I ran over just wanting to make sure that he didn't forget to take the thing with him. But he was long gone. Very fast. And suddenly something bright, about the size of a VW Beetle, whoooshed up high into the sky and then shot off over the mountains with incredible speed.

Anyhow, I picked up the thing that he had dropped and...it was the face of Dallin Oaks. Just like a real face. Eyes moving, lips twitching and everything, but on the other side--the inside of the face--was some weird microelectronics, tiny servo motors and some strange webbing structures. "What kind of weird, ultra-advanced, animatronic face is this???" I wondered to myself.

The next morning, I heard that Apostle Oaks had been visiting a building next to that parking lot that very night. I went home to get the face, which I had stashed under the couch, thinking that I would turn the face into the authorities. But when I got home, the face was gone. In its place was a note that said: "If you tell, you'll go to hell." And it was signed: "Eeeg uuuk Smmrk Oaax Daaleen" (a space alien name if ever there was one).

Many years later I got an invitation from someone (using the initials DHO) to attend an event called "face to face" (and using the #face2face twitter code).

https://www.lds.org/broadcasts/face-to-face/oaks-ballard?lang=eng

That's when I knew that he knew that I knew.

Posted by: jc ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 08:40PM

I've been listening to earthfiles, Robert Dean, David Adair and many whistleblowers. Just google them on YouTube.

I was turned on to the subject by a close friend of mine. I've been researching for months now. Every night when I get home from work I listen to at least one more interview.

And yes, the British and U.S. governments have been lying to us.

I'm blown away by the details that researchers and interviewers have revealed.

I look forward to the day when there is full disclosure. It will collapse many (probably all) major religions.

After leaving Mormonism 6-7 years ago I have wondered a lot about this topic. This is now a subject of tremendous interest for me.

For many military, NASA and government folks, their is no such thing as Unidentified Flying Objects. They know they exist. Some are extra terrestrial and others have been reversed engineered in secret programs - meaning they're terrestrial in origin.

The ex CEO of Lockhead Martin Skunk Works was Ben Rich who died in 1995. He mentioned to a colleague before his death that the technology to travel to the stars was complete. That was nearly 25 years ago. The propulsion systems have been and do exist. The public is not being told the truth about the secret programs funded in the trillions of dollars.

I have an ex-missionary companion who has worked for decades for Northrop Grumman. He doesn't talk about his work much and says he has extremely high security clearance. All he has ever said to me was, "You would not believe what has been reversed engineered and what we have been doing for decades. We can travel at hyper lumina speed." And that term "hyper lumina" jumped out at me when I heard it on one of the YouTube discussions. I just can't remember which one it was since I've watched so many.

Ever wondered why a single ordinary military toilet seat costs $800?

Posted by: Dave the Atheist ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 10:26PM

Are the saucers tight like unto a dish ?

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 11:04PM

Ha ha

Posted by: donbagley ( )
Date: March 23, 2019 11:06PM

The real problem is the flying sauciers. There's always a risk of spills.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2019 11:07PM by donbagley.

Posted by: dogblogger ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 12:27AM

Sagan presents good arguments in The Demon Haunted World.

Posted by: Brother Of Jerry ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 09:03AM

Carl Sagan presents good arguments for what?

Not flying saucers. He presents arguments for the likelyhood of some form of life on other planets. He presents arguments for UFOs - people see stuff they can't identify.

Back in the day, being possessed by evil spirits used to be a thing. You almost never hear that claim anymore, except for your Mormon grandma accusing you of listening to Satan because you think the BoM is a fraud. Possession by evil spirits became passé when the space age started in the 1950s. Now the lunatic fringe are abducted by aliens who like to poke and prod people and stomp down grass like dogs making a bed.

Right.

Yet not one of these abductees has ever bothered to pick up a screwdriver (some sort of artifact) from any of these flying saucers. I guess aliens are really good at inventory control.

And the CIA blew up the World Trade Center, the moon landing was faked, and the earth is both flat and hollow inside.

And the sun gets its light from Kolob. That must be one hell of an extension cord.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:21AM

Why not flying saucers?

Did you ever think of Mormonism when you watched Twilight Zone’s “To Serve Man”?

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 09:10AM

I don't know what's going on with the flying saucer people. I suspect that it's some form of delusion.

As for "first contact," I think that the original episode of Star Trek: Enterprise got it right. In that episode, the Vulcans explained that they were aware of humans, but kept their distance until we demonstrated that we were capable of interstellar travel. That would be not unlike anthropologists leaving very primitive tribes alone. I would think that an advanced, friendly species would leave us alone until we could compete on their turf.

Posted by: Dennis Moore nli ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 10:23AM

Check out all the info about "Project Blue Book" (great dramatized series on the History channel) and the real PBB program and Dr. J Allen Hynek.

Also Bob Lazar who worked at S4 which is a part of Area 51. He claims he worked on reverse engineering and actually saw a craft. He also discovered Element 115.

There's so much the gob'ment is hiding.

Also, there was a sighting of UFOs over Washington, DC, July 1952.

Oh and "Operation Paperclip."

-Your friendly UFO/Alien cover up fan Dennis

Posted by: [|] ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 02:09PM

>He also discovered Element 115

You mean he discovered this (with a halflife measured in fractions of a second)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscovium

Date: March 24, 2019 06:39PM

Unless the spooks who erased Lazar’s history paid the research team to “create” element 115 and give it a short half-life.

Posted by: anybody ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 10:53AM

People see all kinds of things and interpret them as "flying saucers" -- U.F.O.s Most have rational explations such as high altitude balloons, stars or planets, or experimental aircraft, or ordinary atmospheric phenomena such as lenticular clouds over mountain tops.

As for alien spacecraft from another star system piloted by intelligent beings, we don't know and there's no evidence that it's ever happened. It'a possibility -- but extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2019 11:10AM by anybody.

Posted by: KesslerTheNevermo ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 11:32AM

If a UFO really did appear on or near earth, there would be no shortage of independent observations. Amateur and professional astronomers, air traffic controllers, people just looking at the sky would notice it. Someone would be able to corroborate the story from the guy in the cornfield no one will ever believe, who seems to be the only person ever to see these things up close. (And hey, everyone has a camera phone these days.)

By the same token, if an alien lifeform were looking for us, we would be easy to find. Earth gives off so much electromagnetic radiation from all the electronic devices that exist, the planet would be a stellar anomaly. Other signs would be obvious to an outside observer.

There are also many well-known explanations for what appear to be UFOs. Jimmy Carter's UFO sighting turned out to be Venus. What I once thought might be a UFO - a long row of horizontal lights moving slowly upwards - turned out to be the Goodyear Blimp.

I absolutely believe that life exists on other planets. The size of the universe is unfathomable, and potentially life-supporting planets are a lot more common than we thought even 30 years ago. Statistically, it's almost a certainty. But UFO stories are 20th century bunkum.

Date: March 24, 2019 02:47PM

What about Jimmy Carter's killer swimming rabbit attack ?

Date: March 27, 2019 02:30AM

I hear Carter is still running from that rabbit.

Date: March 24, 2019 02:01PM

Think about the technology required for interstellar travel.

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 02:54PM

We have the technology for interstellar travel, but we don't have the ability to live long enough to use it.

If it turns out that there are no 'magic' wormholes, and Einstein was correct that nothing can travel faster than greased light, then the magical ingredient to interstellar travel will be medical immortality. Or the downloading of the human consciousness into an ageless metal device of some sort. Which may have its own anti-mortality foibles.

Always keep in mind, being alive usually ends one way!!

Date: March 27, 2019 01:29AM

They were in an old piece of lumber that I found in my friend's backyard. I held the lumber close to my face, hoping to get sucked into another galaxy. Instead I got a couple of slivers in my nose. So I'm no fan of wormhole travel. I don't think it works at all.

I did see one of them stargate watchamacallits on the tellyvision. But I suspect it was phony.

Date: March 27, 2019 07:17AM

The temple used to have a stargate to Kolob, allowing Jesus to visit the 12 regularly. Naturally, the brethren blew it up.

Posted by: Hockeyrat ( )
Date: March 24, 2019 04:59PM

Military planes. Most of the sightings, especially in the 50s-70s, were near military bases, especially out West . The stealth , when it first came out, was very different looking from present planes at the time, and most of the sightings for that one were near Whiteman AFB, where they were based.

Date: March 25, 2019 06:04AM

https://www.space.com/28256-ufo-sightings-cia-u2-aircraft.html

Many of the unidentified flying objects (UFOs) spotted by people in the middle of the last century were actually high-flying spy planes, officials from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency say.

On Dec. 29, CIA officials said the following via Twitter: "#1 most read on our ‪#Bestof2014list: Reports of unusual activity in the skies in the '50s? It was us."Attached to the tweet was a PDF of "The CIA and the U-2 Program, 1954-1974," a report about the United States' manned U-2 spy plane written by agency historians and published in 1998.

That document notes that "high-altitude testing of the U-2 soon led to an unexpected side effect — a tremendous increase in reports of unidentified flying objects (UFOs)." [Where to Spot 'UFOs' (Infographic)]

In the mid-1950s, most commercial airliners flew at altitudes between 10,000 and 20,000 feet (3,048 to 6,096 meters). But once U-2s started flying at much higher altitudes — above 60,000 feet (18,288 m) — "air traffic controllers began receiving increasing numbers of UFO reports," the report explains.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/25/2019 06:04AM by anybody.

Posted by: conspiracyhypos ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 10:27AM

*** Admin note: you've been complaining about you posts being removed even though (according to you) they meet the board guidelines. It's ironic that you keep sock puppeting under various user names to push your political drivel. While we allow anonymity, we do not allow people to hop usernames like that. Please pick one and stick with it.

CZ -- admin ***

We're as likely to see flying saucers as we are to see evidence of russian collusion. Conspiracy theories are entertaining, but they never pan out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/2019 12:54PM by Concrete Zipper.

Date: March 25, 2019 11:18AM

Is that what republi-con talk radio is now claiming ?

Date: March 25, 2019 11:36AM

And there's an awful lot of smoke.

Posted by: rocomop ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 04:32PM

It's coming from that bunch of people 25 feet from the employees' entrance!

Posted by: Darren Steers ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 01:15PM

I was in a flying saucer last night. They are totally real!

I went in voluntarily and had a nice time. I wasn't abducted and probed at all.

I was irritated though that their Sunday special had changed from any Texas craft beer on draft was $3, to now being $4. Then a bunch of the interesting ones were sold out. :o)

Date: March 25, 2019 01:21PM

pollythinks Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They took the man into their saucer, and examined
> his private parts.

Why are they always interested in our private parts?

This makes a case that they are really these...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Succubus

Date: March 25, 2019 02:27PM

Or incubus.

There is the probe they insert, after all, rather than using radiological analysis.

Date: March 26, 2019 11:27AM

Good point. It might be repressed homosexuality.

Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 04:23PM

What if it turns out that Flying Saucers are how Leprechauns came to inhabit a certain area of the Earth? And what if all the probing is about finding lucky charms?

The Universe is a wild, wacky & wonderful place!

Date: March 26, 2019 11:34AM

Maybe it’s because I’m an exmo, but I’m open to being probed by a female leprechaun.

Date: March 26, 2019 03:57PM

In most states that's still illegal. Perhaps if you flew to Amsterdam.

Date: March 27, 2019 02:14AM

I can set you up with a hotel manager I know in the Poconos.

(You have to pay for the cereal and milk (and of course the going rate for the "Leprechaun"), but the hotel will furnish extra towels for free.)

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: March 25, 2019 04:44PM

I never saw one. I learned a hard lesson from being a member of the LDS Church. Never trust anything unless you can verify it yourself.

Unless I see a flying saucer and aliens from space I'm not going to believe in them just because a lot of people say they exist. Even some nutty professors.

My whole life I never really connected to the whole Joseph Smith story but was under pressure to believe due it being part of the family tradition. Well I took the wild path instead of the nice and easy one and went my own way and never regretted it because I can be myself.

Date: March 27, 2019 01:36AM

National Association of Proctologists, in their never-ending quest to normalize and gain wider public acceptance for what they do with their fingers.

"Just hang in there Mr. Willis. I know it's unpleasant, but it's nothing compared to what those big-headed grey aliens would do to you if they found out that you had not had your annual examination."

Posted by: alsd ( )
Date: March 27, 2019 03:41AM

Been flying airplanes for 32 years now, and have nearly 18,000 flight hours in everything from Cessna 152's to Boeing 787s. I have flown all over North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Not once, ever, have I seen anything that resembles a flying saucer, or anything "unidentified". Don't know any other pilot who has either. Count me very skeptical.

Posted by: Same ( )
Date: March 27, 2019 10:31AM

Hubby is a fighter pilot of 25 years and he claims he's never seen anything either.

Posted by: Biffo ( )
Date: March 27, 2019 10:30PM

He was quite high up in oir country's airforce and it was during the Cold War. UFO reports did come in occasionally, but personnel were discouraged from talking about it, even to each other. Some of these reports were actually very credible - experienced pilots and radsr operators are better witnesses than Joe Public.

Few of the reports were about flying saucers in the classic sense, but many were strange. Due to the Cold War secrecy was paramount - the objecte could have been secret Soviet or American tech.

Because of the secrecy, I only got to hear about the bare bones of it so nothing as fancy as X Files. Uncle only mentioned it once or twice.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.