Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: get her done ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 07:24PM

It apears that the new mormon GA talk is that living profits can negate anything that any dead profit said or did....They answer more and more.....I don't believe we teach that...(.any more)......It covers their history, misdeeds, and anything else they want to forget or cover up.... The New mormon talk....new spin on their religion.....my old mother used to say....you can't polish shit....maybe the morg will be the first ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2011 07:24PM by get her done.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Misfit ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 07:43PM

If a living profit negates anything that a dead prophet said, then the scriptures are of no use.

Posted by: CA girl ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 08:00PM

If a dead prophet can be disregarded, why follow the living one? Why make sacrifices now that might be unnecessary 20 years from now? Also, while we are on the subject, DH and I were talking about the Lamanite DNA situation. I said it didn't bother me that they couldn't find DNA in any Native Americans - what bothered me was that prophet after prophet throughout the years has called Native Americans the descendants of Father Lehi. They were NOT the descendants of Father Lehi. Shouldn't have the so-called prophets known that? DH said "Well, they were just talking as men, not prophets." I said "But they were talking to church congregations. If you can't tell the difference between when a guy is talking as a man and when he is talking as a prophet, what good is he?"

DH had no answer for that.

Posted by: Pista ( )
Date: June 17, 2011 08:01PM

After all they have been getting away with, nothing else matters. They can obvious say whatever they want and have proven it time and time again. That's the whole point of faith. Once you get people to believe without and in spite of all evidence to the contrary, you can do anything.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.