Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: oregon ( )
Date: March 28, 2019 08:56PM

I know this has been mentioned..but it really needs to be repeated so the members really understand how this 94yr man is receiving so-called "Revelations"

CNN did a story on Russell. Here is one of the highlights of this Prophet - Seer - Revelator
https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/22/us/mormon-lds-name-change-revelation/index.html

When the messages come during the dark of night, Russell M. Nelson reaches for his lighted pen and takes dictation from the Lord.

"'OK dear, it's happening,' the president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints tells his wife, Wendy Nelson.

"'I just remain quiet and soon he's sitting up at the side of the bed, writing,' she said in a recent church video.

"Sometimes the spirit prompts the prophet's wife to leave the bed, though she'd rather sleep. One such morning, Wendy Nelson told Mormon leaders, her husband emerged from the bedroom waving a yellow notebook.

"'Wendy, you won't believe what's been happening for two hours,' she recalled Russell Nelson saying. "The Lord has given me detailed instructions on a process I am to follow."

"Nelson's nighttime messages have 'increased exponentially,' his wife said, since last year when the 94-year-old took the helm of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, widely known as the Mormon church.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Elyse ( )
Date: March 28, 2019 09:05PM

"It's happening" probably only means he wants oral.
Wendy must be too stupid to figure this out, so she blabs it to the world.

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: March 29, 2019 07:25AM

Never waste an erection and never trust a fart.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjAP0yg1CrI

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2019 07:27AM by babyloncansuckit.

Posted by: justideasinhismind ( )
Date: March 29, 2019 11:56AM

Notice how he is calling the revelations....the Lord impressed upon my mind.

In other words, he had a thought. Perhaps he had an epiphany. But that's it. Since he is at the head of the church, it has to be called "revelation"

No actual visits from God or Jesus. Just a thought bounced into his head in a dream or while napping and Wa-la!!!! we have new revelations from on high.

Pretty pathetic. And yet the Mormon masses will eat this up and be giddy as kids at Christmas with all the new revelations, er "administrative changes" coming forth.

Posted by: Ted ( )
Date: March 29, 2019 01:29PM

Oh you don't get it do you? See, the true believer's, the pure of heart, the anointed saints UNDERSTAND what Wendy is meaning (wink wink) when she said this,

"Sometimes the spirit prompts the prophet's wife to leave the bed"

Or when she says,

"her husband emerged from the bedroom waving a yellow notebook"

They want you to believe (i.e. the Russ and Wendy show) that he is being visited by Jeebus, God, Adam, BY/JS, et al at this time. She's not able to be with him in the bed because these are the times when the so called revelation is so very special and secret that even her Holiness cannot be present. Jeebus visit's him personally, and the rest is left up to the imagination of the sheepie (i.e. "oh my heck, he's probably being visit by Joseph Smith, the prophets, Adam, etc.).

Pure unadulterated bull ****.

Posted by: stillanon ( )
Date: March 29, 2019 01:13PM

"How Russell is Receiving Revelation Today"

He bought a crystal radio kit from Radio Shack.

Posted by: mikemitchell ( )
Date: March 29, 2019 09:39PM

"When the messages come during the dark of night, Russell M. Nelson reaches for his lighted pen and takes dictation from the Lord."

He only thinks it is a lighted pen. Wendy keeps it in her nightstand drawer.
https://www.riteaid.com/shop/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/5/1/5101994-1.jpg

Posted by: abby ( )
Date: March 31, 2019 07:57PM

I thought it came from the PR department.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: March 31, 2019 10:49PM

Many members think it's just marvelous that he claims to receive revelation; no matter how ridiculous it appears to gentiles. If he claimed to be blindfolded and pinned the revelation on the donkey then my TBM mom would drool over it.

They could print an article about Rusty lobbing jello cubes at a wall and members would claim him to be a genius.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2019 10:50PM by messygoop.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.