Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 10:09AM

I got notified my TBM sister had commented on a thread. It turned out to be some Mormons talking about Nelson's rapid-fire changes. From an aside in one of the comments I got the impression beards were okay now. Yes? No?

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Becca ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 10:56AM

Well it wouldn't be the first time they changed their minds on that subject..

I remember when beards were fine and sported by the high and mighty themselves.. then all of a sudden they were banned..

Wouldn't be too surprised if they came back. Nice diversion tactic from this gay-kids cunundrum methinks..

Posted by: TX_Rancher ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 09:06PM

Heard that my brother-in-law just got called to bishopric; he was asked to shave his beard. He did. He’s in a friggin’ wheelchair and they can’t let him have that one thing!? The worst is that he agreed.

When I was in the bishopric five years ago I grew one a couple times. Heard a few passive-aggressive comments and just laughed at them.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 09:22AM

Every president of the church between Joseph Smith and David O. McKay had beards, and now you can’t even serve in a bishopric with a beard.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 09:43PM

The whole set of dress code and grooming policies that have been followed by the church for the past 60~70 years has essentially tracked the dress-code and grooming policies of the IBM corporation and has generally been consistent with the dress-code and grooming standards generally followed by moderate to conservative politicians campaigning for public office.

https://www.ibm.com/ibm/history/exhibits/waywewore/waywewore_28.html

Apparently, Jesus wants your appearance to be as uncontroversial as possible. They should start putting out portraits of a clean-shaven Jesus wearing a suit and tie (with white shirt of course). He has a body right now (according to Mormon teachings) and presumably doesn't go around naked or in a beard NOW. Show him the way he looks now!

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 10:25PM

I thought it was understood that if Jesus showed up at the Wardhouse on Sunday with his traditional look the TBM's would run him off.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 12:03AM

Got that right. A bunch of hypocrites.

Date: April 06, 2019 01:46AM

which is kind of ironic when you think about it.

Date: April 06, 2019 01:47AM

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 12:34AM

That word *allowed.* Pfff!

Why do men allow such stuff? The ONLY determining factor for me wearing a beard would be *IF* I could grow a beard.

Oh, but I can't help but wonder, what if a woman showed up with a hormonal beard ? What would they say to HER ???
... Yeah, I thought so.

Posted by: aloneagain ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 07:44AM

No‼️ Not beards‼️

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.