Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 10:23AM

One of the most important holy revelations of recent times was on FRI, FEB 27, 2015 when the mighty super holy LDS apostle Jeffrey R. Holland declared:

"We’re projecting out probably within four years, the baseline number for the missionary force will be something around 100,000."

http://www.hughhewitt.com/a-conversation-with-lds-elder-jeffrey-holland/

Tomorrow when the statistical report comes out all the people who hate truth/honesty are going to eat crow and they better not dare to brush it all under the carpet. Thank heavens we got a Church that claims to be true - i.e. super honest and transparent :) Thus we can be sure that the only way forward is to be True :)

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: olderelder ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 10:26AM

They're projecting alright — in the psychological sense of the word.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 05, 2019 10:54AM

He must have trouble dialing in Rusty's peepstone because Nelson made the same mistake about projecting church growth of 14 million by 2000.

Church membership has just passed the seven million mark. Conservative projections indicate that by the year 2000, the Church will have doubled in size. Its membership will then number at least fourteen million. (1989 revelation)

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 04:16PM

I haven't felt this foolish since the time I forgot to immediately provide the link to the Church's webpage showing the year end balance sheet as people started having doubts that my Church was true.

The stat report shows 65k, not 100k, and we are missing over 34k. Where did they go?

Posted by: Hedning ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 04:19PM

The work is progressing wonderfully without the larger number being necessary.

Posted by: CrispingPin ( )
Date: April 06, 2019 06:44PM

Well, there are 65k full-time missionaries and 38k church-service missionaries. 103k-we’re good.

Posted by: chipace ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 08:28PM

For divorced dads looking at paying alimony, child support, rent and tithing... there is probably only enough money to pay 3 of those.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.