Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: koriwhore ( )
Date: April 07, 2019 10:27PM

Buttigieg to Pence: If you have a problem with who I am, your quarrel is with my creator.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3330897002

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 12:41AM

But as arguments go, it's pretty lame.

I say this because it's easy to see that each of the following types of people could have said the same thing:

(1) Stalin
(2) Mao Tse Tung
(3) Pol Pot
(4) Ghengis Khan
(5) Adolph Hitler
(6) Jeffrey Dahmer

If the "creator" created everything and is responsible for everything created and every act done and every impulse followed by every creature of creation then, ultimately, every quarrel is a quarrel with the creator. Philosophically, I can get behind that notion when discussing the real world with judgmental people who simultaneously believe that there is an omniscient/omnipresent God who created everything and is capable of controlling everything. But since reality indicates that no such God exists (or if such a powerful God exists, such God tends to just let things go how they want to go), the "blame god" argument has no practical value.

Posted by: a nonny mouse ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 09:22AM

6 notorious mass murderers are equivalent to a man loving another man? What is wrong with you?

Date: April 08, 2019 10:16AM

loving another man? Do you really lack reading comprehension to this extent, or are you just pretending?

I'm obviously talking about the validity of the argument in terms of general logic and application. I'm not talking about the virtues of the person making the argument. A virtuous person hurts their own cause if they use a fallacious argument that literally anyone else can use. The fact that literally anyone can use the "blame god for the way I am" argument renders it a pointless type of argument to make. I listed the notorious mass murderers as an example of how literally anyone could say the same thing...INCLUDING MASS MURDERERS. That is the point.

You should stay "a nonny mouse"". I too would be embarrassed to prove to the world that I had the reading comprehension of a first grader in elementary school.

Date: April 08, 2019 10:31AM

I know that many of you first graders have better reading comprehension than the person I was responding to.

Posted by: Elder Berry ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 01:14PM

I blame the Mormon god for my existence.

Posted by: Rubicon ( )
Date: April 08, 2019 02:05PM

Waste of time to go after Pence. I don't get the strategy here. The only reason Trump picked Pence for VP is he needed evangelical votes to win the election. I don't think Trump gives a damn about gays or gay marriage.

So Buttigieg is saying his homosexual desires are something he was born with and marriage to his gay partner has been wonderful. Ok. *yawn* Nobody cares.

I guess going after Pence got him some media attention. Maybe that's the strategy. He got the headlines. He got his 15 minutes of fame.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.