Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 12:59AM

See? They really are a church family. The kind that makes you an offer you can’t refuse.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: smirkorama ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 02:38AM

gaslighting ????? THE MORmON church ????? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ1uIgbI2QY

Posted by: summer ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 05:16AM

"Tying the eternal salvation and exaltation of church members to a checklist of requirements, which includes but is not limited to paying money to the church, is spiritual extortion."

Very true.

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 08:16AM

So, I wonder when Lesley Butterfield's court of love will be held. She has openly opposed the words of the prophet and called them extortion. Her Bishop is going to have to make some kind of decision. Will the church give her a pass because well... she is right?

Posted by: azsteve ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 08:23AM

First, Nelson tries to eliminate the word Mormon with respect to the name of the church because he says, that name offends Jesus. Then he makes Jesus out to be a bigoted, condemning asshole. What the hell does he think he is doing? Keep going Nelson, pretty soon you and your church will be all alone and everyone will hate you.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 10:01AM

It seems to me that Nelson's proclamation nullifies the words of Jesus and the scripture that guarantees eternal life. It's probably nothing new as Mormons screw around with every simple idea in the bible to make it more complicated than what it really is.

Posted by: Chicken N. Backpacks ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 10:21AM

Yup, one of the easy proofs the EllDeeEss Inc. is a cult: they keep talking about the "plain and simple" truths of the Restored Gospel™, but add so many layers of rules and peculiar doctrine that nothing is plain or simple.

Posted by: Heidi GWOTR ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 10:15AM

I was able to read the article (good!), but cannot read the comments. I am interested to know what is being said there.

Posted by: messygoop ( )
Date: April 11, 2019 10:21AM

I was unable to read the comments either. I'm not a paying customer of the Trib, so maybe that's the problem.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.