Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: April 17, 2019 06:51PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyV61Hh9KdA (The BOM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VbXWtuqc_FM (The Articles Of Faith)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8_LsqXCaz8 (The GodHead)

Tossing more TITHING DOLLARS towards an attempt to resuscitate a dead horse!

Or so it seems to me...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: A non identity ( )
Date: April 17, 2019 07:59PM

I clicked on all three links.

The first two are narrated by a male, and it kinda sorta comes across as if he was directed to pretend that he was Brother Jake. The voice and the style of the animations I saw were pure Brother Jake.

Does that mean they were impressed by Brother Jake's success?

The third one was narrated by a female and she didn't have the Brother Jake vibe going.

Tell me if I'm on the right track with the first two! Maybe I was just projecting?

Posted by: SEcular Priest ( )
Date: April 17, 2019 09:47PM

I kid you not. It says "let's talk about the Holy Ghost sometimes referred to as the Holy Spirit." This term "Holy Spirit" was referred to many times in the third presentation of the God Head. I grew up in the Church and I can tell you the Holy Ghost was never referred to as the Holy Spirit.

What is going on?

Posted by: Honest TB[long] ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 12:57PM

As many of you know, as a toddler I had a super strong powerful testimony that the cheerios in Nursery were true. That was the beginning of how the Correlation program nurtured this testimony of mine to get me guided and groomed towards becoming the amazingly wondrous clueful thinker that I am now today with such a super strong testimony that is strong beyond any shadow of a doubt & with every fibre of my being, and even with it being this strong I'll be giving a super long-winded monologue in the next F&T meeting about how its even growing faster than ever as those in attendance will see how my beautiful rose colored glasses help me see everything so peculiarly wonderful :)

A big part of this wonderful Correlation dogma is this Holy Ghost gift. Its basically a gift that helps remind me to shut out unapproved thoughts that come up. For example, some of the anti Church people will try to get me to think about some questions they have. But thanks to this Holy Ghost gift I just habitually shut out such thoughts. Its also helpful to be reminded that I've been taught that the evil boogyman Satan will try to get me to think unapproved thoughts so I have to shut those out too. So that's one aspect of the Holy Ghost gift. Keep all unapproved thinking OUT and thus all that can ever really enter are fully approved thoughts that the Brethren allow.

Another aspect of the Holy Ghost is what the Brethren teach us. Its that we have good feelings from time to time. Every good feeling, according to the Brethren because they said so, is a witness that whatever the Brethren say is TRUE and that anything that goes against them is NOT TRUE. Thus I've been groomed, through the usage of good feelings, to get myself more assimilated mentally and emotionally to think that all that is good/true is from the Brethren and all that isn't is from that evil boogyman Satan.

A thought once entered my head of "maybe the Brethren are just being self-serving by saying that good feelings are a witness that what they say is true". But then thanks to the wondrous Correlation program I was reminded that this kind of question is what the leaders teach is called a Doubt and that it must be coming from that awful boogyman. So I eschewed such a thought and now just have been gloriously well-conditioned to think "all good feelings say that the Church is true and that I have to 100% obey the Brethren and think according to the Correlation program and to make sure I get everyone else on the planet assimilated into the Correlation way of doing things".

Oh, just wondering .... how can I help all of you get yourselves assimilated into the Correlation way of thinking so you too can be a peculiarly clueful thinker like me :)

Correction: not thinker as thinking is dangerous .... I mean obey, obey, and obey. Oh how my life has been blessed because of how the Correlation program took over the raising and grooming me as a child when I was so young and having a super strong testimony that cheerios were awesome and that I would do anything I could to get another cheerio for my toddler taste buds and not-fully-full stomach.

Posted by: BeenThereDunnThatExMo ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 12:46AM

Oh...& of course we can't forget "Agency" can we...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtKUAI2Ss8I&t=83s (Agency)

Or so it seems to me...

Posted by: amiable ( )
Date: April 18, 2019 09:14AM

The comments are rather horrifying.

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.