Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 02:31AM

CHRIST! of Ladder-dazed Skanks...is business.

The Deseret Management Corporation.

Take a short refresher course here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deseret_Management_Corporation

Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in critiquing the irrationality and insanity of the doctrines (past and present) and arguing over the precise extent of the depravity and dishonesty of Joseph Smith and his successors and, in doing so, we forget that all the "spiritual" stuff and "religious" stuff is just a bamboozlement movie that the "church" leaders show to their gullible club members to keep them all distracted while the real business of running the racket (protection racket scams, picking pockets, selling blessings and underwear, etc.) and counting the loot can go on quietly out of sight and uninterrupted.

The CEO and the Board of Directors...er...I mean the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles (snicker). Know exactly what they're doing.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 11:59AM

Interesting point. The more focused we get on the evils of JS, BY et al, the less focus on the current highway men “counting the loot,” as you say.

Posted by: exminion ( )
Date: April 19, 2019 12:20PM

You're right. The Mormon leaders and the press tell the minions that TSCC is correcting the past errors--even becoming more Christian--while behind the scenes the same old scam-based LDS, Inc. machine keeps grinding away relentlessly in it's eternal progression toward wealth and global domination.

Posted by: GNPE1 ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 12:45PM

witness RMN spinning trivial matters into ego-driven PR events.

Sickening

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: April 20, 2019 01:23PM

The Mormon church is a master class in "reverse Robin-Hoodism."

The famous George Carlin quote comes to mind.

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: April 21, 2019 11:01AM

"we join the Christians" in their worship of Good Friday. HUH?

As I was surfing channels last night, I ran across another GA giving a speech at conference. I've noticed with the different speeches I've seen on fb by LDS friends all those beautiful flowers behind the leaders and it occurred to me how much all those flowers cost and what it cost some family who is struggling to put food on the table. There is SO MUCH WASTE of the money they sacrifice. The flowers, I know, are a drop in the bucket.

Posted by: Wally Prince ( )
Date: April 23, 2019 12:48AM

are not Christians.

We, the Dallas Cowboys, join the Pittsburgh Steelers in celebrating the 10th anniversary of the Schnozzlefozzle.

The Dallas Cowboys are not the Pittsburgh Steelers. If they were, there would be no point in saying "we join the Pittsburgh Steelers in doing blabbity blah."

Looks like a major Freudian slip by Nelson.

Posted by: Kathleen ( )
Date: April 22, 2019 12:57AM

Someone else said it here, but ...

"God has his own money."

Posted by: Roman Bokovinoff ( )
Date: April 23, 2019 04:13AM

City Creek Center

Enough said.

Posted by: Shinehah ( )
Date: April 23, 2019 09:45AM

If a member asks to review the financial records - here's the answer:
Our business is none of your business!

Posted by: macaRomney ( )
Date: April 23, 2019 09:50AM

they expect honesty and declaration of income from members, yet they show no transparency in their dealings with the world. The hypocrisy is staggering!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.