Recovery Board  : RfM
Recovery from Mormonism (RfM) discussion forum. 
Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Posted by: elderolddog ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 08:23PM

An exmo on Reddit made a very important distinction today. I was moved...

Some of her words: "Stop saying 'start a family' when you mean 'have kids.' A couple is still a family. A single person and her cat is a family. A couple and their plants are still a family. ... You don't need kids to be a family."

Los mormones know that without the parents brain-washing their kids, the kids are increasingly likely to NOT join the lock-step crowd of conformist members. Even with the best of brain-washing intentions, they are losing bunches and bunches of future tithe payers.

Now don't get all maudlin and weepy-eyed... There are some definite elements of family here amongst los RfM'ers of Earth and points adjacent. Damn it, I got something in my eyes...

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 08:26PM

The new generation gives me hope as few things do these days.

Date: May 02, 2019 08:38PM

Okay, speaking of new generations, I'm gonna go ahead and get this off my chest. I had absolutely nothing to do with it, I think. I wish I did, but I probably didn't.

My TBM daughter has kids and one of them finished his mission in June of last year. So he's a late bloomer because it took him ten months to get engaged. The wedding is on a Wednesday in August, 2-1/2 months away. So very, very par for the course except that it took ten months to, I guess, earn enough for the ring. He knew her before the mission...

Here's the kicker. The next oldest boy didn't go on a mission and his mother reported to her sister that he's no longer a mormon, but he's still a deist. I couldn't help but wonder if the last phrase was thrown in as wishful thinking?

This is in the heart of Orem in a very staunch mormon home. I am looking forward to waiting outside the temple with this grandson! My non-TBM daughter and Saucie will probably go shopping during this time...

Posted by: saucie ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 08:48PM

Well yeah, I'm planning on it. There's nothing as memorable as a

good shopping day.

Posted by: Lot's Wife ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 09:11PM

I wonder about the word "deist." My guess is most Mormons have no idea what that means and would not use it. If correct, that might imply that your grandson has thought long and deep about religion and in that process came across, and adopted, the term. That would explain why your daughter, anxious, fastened on it as better than atheism.

I naturally don't know your family, but perhaps your grandson is a deep thinker?

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 09:39PM

"My son is in jail for armed robbery but he's not a murderer?"

Posted by: CL2 ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 08:53PM

wedding (not like I wanted to be in the temple, being at the temple was tough), my sister and her husband were the only 2 there from my family. My daughter is the only grandchild/great grandchild who is mormon. My sister's 3 kids and their families are all not mormon.

Don't know why I ended up with the TBM!?!?

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 08:53PM

Nearly EVERYTHING ChurchCo says is lip service at Best, Hypocrisy at worst.

In my own case, their claims of Honesty were a Total Fabrication, as are their claims about 'family values'

Posted by: Done & Done ( )
Date: May 02, 2019 09:45PM

Blood makes you related. Loyalty, empathy, unconditional love make you family.

One of them can give you a wonderful life and the other is very useful when you need a transfusion.

The quote you posted, EOD. Now that is a proclamation. It isn't about who you love, it is about your ability to love.

Date: May 02, 2019 09:58PM

Glorious !!!!!!! Blood doesn't make a family, its love that makes a family.. I've seen it first hand.

Date: May 02, 2019 10:18PM

Love & Roses, baby.

Date: May 02, 2019 10:20PM

elderolddog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Love & Roses, baby.

Mmmmmm I like the sound of that.

Date: May 02, 2019 11:13PM

Elderolddog says the most wonderful things. Its an art.

Date: May 02, 2019 11:18PM

Hey, come on now. We can take this to Facebook!

Posted by: babyloncansuckit ( )
Date: May 03, 2019 11:42PM

The Proclamation on the Family was written as an anti Gay marriage screed. Cuz you know two guys kissing will cause an asteroid impact.

Posted by: GNPE ( )
Date: May 03, 2019 11:53PM

Probably has, but in an alternate reality.

Date: May 04, 2019 12:49AM

Meaning that the mormon moon Quakers got a lot o' Gays!

Go to Topic: PreviousNext
Go to: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In

Screen Name: 
Your Email (optional): 
Subject: 
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.